Dom Howson - "Where did the season ticket holders go??"

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I don't tend to subscribe to the "journalists are against us" viewpoint...but feel like the Star and Radio Sheffield are enjoying kicking us whilst we are down.

Put it this way:

Would Rob Staton, Giddings or the other bloke pose questions (in the manner and tone) to Chris Wilder (who is everyone's fav atm) like they have done previously to Carlos and now Jos?

I highly doubt it.

You're right, they wouldn't in the slightest. I found his tone and line of questioning yesterday really awkward. Almost like Rob was Jos' superior. It was really weird 

He wouldn't dare speak to Wilder like that 

Our fans are turning into everything they used to take the mick out of United fans for

"The local media is all against us"

"They're biased"

"They are giving us such a hard time"

Jesus christ give it a rest - we're having a shocking season, things haven't been adding up, journalists have asked the questions the fans have been asking 

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

You're right, they wouldn't in the slightest. I found his tone and line of questioning yesterday really awkward. Almost like Rob was Jos' superior. It was really weird 

I though he asked questions that needed to be answered, Jos's initial responses were a little vague and he continued to press the issue. Not got a problem with that, would rather the journalists seeks answers and not just rub the belly of whoever is put in front of them.

If Utd had been tipped for a promotion challenge but had ended up in danger of being dragged into a relegation fight with an unfit squad that has played negative football throughout the season then I would expect that Wilder would also get asked some difficult questions.

This article from Howson is different. The attendance was a topic of debate in the build up to the Swansea match and in the immediate aftermath but no need for an article a week later, we have moved on and have played a game since then.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I though he asked questions that needed to be answered, Jos's initial responses were a little vague and he continued to press the issue. Not got a problem with that, would rather the journalists seeks answers and not just rub the belly of whoever is put in front of them.

If Utd had been tipped for a promotion challenge but had ended up in danger of being dragged into a relegation fight with an unfit squad that has played negative football throughout the season then I would expect that Wilder would also get asked some difficult questions.

This article from Howson is different. The attendance was a topic of debate in the build up to the Swansea match and in the immediate aftermath but no need for an article a week later, we have moved on and have played a game since then.

I'd agree with all of that

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

I read that Howson article, and my 1st thoughts were 'what a turd'....a nowt story, can't believe someone can go public with such tripe....put himself up for the name calling in my eyes. UTO.

You might disagree with what he has said but namecalling?

Nahhhhh

Never any need for getting personal with folk

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

I read that Howson article, and my 1st thoughts were 'what a turd'....a nowt story, can't believe someone can go public with such tripe....put himself up for the name calling in my eyes. UTO.

Ridicule the article by all means but what has it got to do with what he looks like. Unless every poster on here would happily put up their back catalogue of photographs for other posters to pick on every time they write something that others disagree with?

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Our fans are turning into everything they used to take the mick out of United fans for

"The local media is all against us"

"They're biased"

"They are giving us such a hard time"

Jesus christ give it a rest - we're having a shocking season, things haven't been adding up, journalists have asked the questions the fans have been asking 

If thats how people feel then thats how people feel. Seeing as most of the people contributing to the thread share the same opinion perhaps its not as daft as you think and the journalism is as dogger and as negative as everyones saying... 

Just a thought

Also, how many fans asked why so many season ticket holders failed to turn up (in Doms opinion) for an FA Cup tie where both teams made shed loads of changes? I cant personally remember asking that question...? I may have missed it

Unless every poster on here would happily put up their back catalogue of photographs for other posters to pick on every time they write something that others disagree with?

I could give you some right belting photos of me. Keep you going for months it would lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ramone said:

If thats how people feel then thats how people feel. Seeing as most of the people contributing to the thread share the same opinion perhaps its not as daft as you think and the journalism is as dogger and as negative as everyones saying... 

Just a thought

They can think that but they're wrong

As HirstyBoyWonder more eloquenty explained

Wednesday fans have turned into crybabies this season about the media and it's everything we used to take the mick out of other clubs fans for

Owlstalk Shop

Ridicule the article by all means but what has it got to do with what he looks like. Unless every poster on here would happily put up their back catalogue of photographs for other posters to pick on every time they write something that others disagree with?

I've got some right filth in mine. Happy to provide if the price is right.

12 minutes ago, ramone said:

I felt Rob was rude with his persistence.

Do journalists usually talk / ask for close on 20 minutes.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

They can think that but they're wrong

As HirstyBoyWonder more eloquenty explained

Wednesday fans have turned into crybabies this season about the media and it's everything we used to take the mick out of other clubs fans for

Agreed but I do think that Dom is talking soft and smelly in this instance

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe I listened to it wrong. I felt the tone was - 'Well I'm Rob Staton and I think you should have gone to Millwall with these tactics and I want you to give me an explanation as to why you didn't and if I dont like your answer and i'm going to continue to get narky with you'

Utd have just come off a run of 2 wins in 14 and not once was Wilder questioned. Carlos was asked if he would consider resigning after a run of 1 win in 7. 

I dont see that as fair personally bit thats just me