Do us a favour Jos

Guest Hillsborough Mole

8 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

If you're gonna feck about with the team as much as that, publish the side at lunchtime and save us traveling.

Absolute joke that tonight. Not be home till 2. Work at 630

Such a great following down there tonight.

Well done to all ... They certainly don't deserve what was dished up to them.

Feel for the guys who made the journey to be met with that team selection, surely you should play your best side thats fit and available, ok we have injuries but to have Joao and Dave on the bench was bizzare, why try to save players for the next game, play for the moment.

Cant wait for the summer cause a fair old clear out is needed, hope Jos is the man to do it? 

9 minutes ago, debram said:

Feel for the guys who made the journey to be met with that team selection, surely you should play your best side thats fit and available, ok we have injuries but to have Joao and Dave on the bench was bizzare, why try to save players for the next game, play for the moment.

Cant wait for the summer cause a fair old clear out is needed, hope Jos is the man to do it? 

Up till last night I don't think he has put a foot wrong.Think normal service will be resumed now.

If there's one thing Jos knows, it's how to build a promotion challenging side ( albeit in another country )

Also, if his first signing is anything to go by, he knows value when he sees it.

2 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Up till last night I don't think he has put a foot wrong.Think normal service will be resumed now.

If there's one thing Jos knows, it's how to build a promotion challenging side ( albeit in another country )

Also, if his first signing is anything to go by, he knows value when he sees it.

Still a lot sat on the fence re Joey, for me he still has a lot to prove albeit he should be given time to adjust to the English game

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, debram said:

Still a lot sat on the fence re Joey, for me he still has a lot to prove albeit he should be given time to adjust to the English game

The only thing he did right last night was score.

Consistently gave the ball away, consistently failed to make tackle after tackle, consistently failed to keep up with the pace of the game.

Rotation? 

How did football come to this. 

Ah to harken back to when managers just picked thier best 11 and only changed due to lack of form or injury, when players played 42 games a season plus Cup matches . 

The game has moved on, we've sports science, nutritionists, players are supposed to be more athletic, fitter, healthier. 

Gone are the days of drinking, smoking, eating takeaway and dancing in the club till 2am.

Yet these days we need to rotate all the time, how times change. 

4 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Does it matter when the team is published???

Moaning for moanings sake some of the clowns on here.

Erm...well yeah it does. If he published it at midday the people planning to travel to the game could have decided not too and saved their time and money. That's the point 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

The only thing he did right last night was score.

Consistently gave the ball away, consistently failed to make tackle after tackle, consistently failed to keep up with the pace of the game.

You can add that to a lot of the players who have played this season mate, the young lad is still learning 

16 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

One week everyone’s lamenting fact we’ve got sh*t loads of injuries.

And then the same folk are puzzled that the manager is rotating the squad in an attempt to prevent further injuries / burnout in an already depleted squad. 

I'm not puzzled mate. Just angry. I thought the weakened side put out against Swansea was preparation for the Millwall game. I expected the side to face Millwall to be similar to the one that beat Derby. 

Millwall were gifted three points. We conceded two goals because we were playing across our back line inviting pressure. There was simply no outlet. No runner or target to hit. 

I got home at 3 but was up at 6, not because I had to be anywhere, but because I was seething at the very poor selection and tactics. 

Millwall was winnable, as was Swansea. Villa isn't. 

Really poor. I'm going to give Jos time, but having watched the game, I am in no doubt that had we started with Pudil, Reach, Joao, Atdhe and Clare, we'd have come home with a victory. 

21 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

One week everyone’s lamenting fact we’ve got sh*t loads of injuries.

And then the same folk are puzzled that the manager is rotating the squad in an attempt to prevent further injuries / burnout in an already depleted squad. 

Rotating??? He not rotated anything...he’s dropped our only in form players and played players out of position!! Injuries or no injuries it’s the exact same thing Carlos got slated for. 

Totally a utterly confused by what he was trying to do. There was no real desire to win the game imo based on the line up. Sean Clare had a very good debut last week but had to miss him he game Saturday due to been cup tied...why didn’t he start with him? He’s not burnt out or in need of a rest!!