I am the fan in the middle of the Kop...

2 minutes ago, Jowl said:

Said in another thread. It's either incompetiance or just bent. Awful decision. What could the linesman have seen though?

A dig in the stomach to the Brum player I think. I believe we're all looking at the head action but don't think that was the issue.

Edited by MuddyFunkster
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jowl said:

This is testicles. He's the only one who showed any anything at all. If he didn't, we'd have a team of butterfields running around.

He was ok - he is too weak though and always has been. Plus you aren't addressing the point - it wasn't about how he played, it was about ill discipline as ultimately he didn't need to be in that situation. He'd already been giving the lino some right grief for other decisions he felt he should have had. It's a poor decision 1000%, but there is no smoke without fire and he has demonstrated this lack of discipline previously (Fulham at home springs to mind).

An absolutely abject decision not from the referee ... but from the linesman who the referee consulted with.

Missed the jab to the throat and thrust of the head from the Brum player.

I don't usually say anything about the officials. They have a tough enough job as it is but today was one of the worst decisions I have seen in my time watching football.

On par  with goals being disallowed for nothing (freddie Sears @ palace), shocking dives and blatant acts of cheating  ...

Unbelievable and a downright disgrace.

That linesman wants reviewing and docking wages

2 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

He was ok - he is too weak though and always has been. Plus you aren't addressing the point - it wasn't about how he played, it was about ill discipline as ultimately he didn't need to be in that situation. He'd already been giving the lino some right grief for other decisions he felt he should have had. It's a poor decision 1000%, but there is no smoke without fire and he has demonstrated this lack of discipline previously (Fulham at home springs to mind).

By showed anything, I mean a bit of fire in his belly. we should be a bit more agressive and in peoples faces more. We were ought fought today and that's unacceptable.

22 minutes ago, shandypants said:

...that everyone was telling to sit down when I was arguing with the fan (red hair with glasses that left at half-time) for calling Mattias a w4nk3r and also telling him to fvcck off out of our club for getting sent off.

I think I’d like an apology please - not only for the his attitude towards the obviously innocent Mattias but also the language he used towards me. Can that fan answer my question and tell me what Mattias actually got sent off for? I’d also like the fan who said Mattias spat at the Birmingham player to point out when this happened. 

You were fecking annoying too tbh. Say your peice and then sit down so others can see the game they paid for! So you owe an apology to the fans whos view you kept blocking. 

6 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

You were fecking annoying too tbh. Say your peice and then sit down so others can see the game they paid for! So you owe an apology to the fans whos view you kept blocking. 

To be fair mate, all I said was “What have you called him that for?” and “Can you tell me why he’s been sent off?”.  All I got back from him was a tirade of insults and abuse. Some really shocking stuff from him. I’m not perfect mate - you can push me so far with insults and comments but there is a line and that line was crossed. If you truly did see me then you have to acknowledge that I didn’t swear or insult him and only asked him if he could tell me why Mattias was sent off. He couldn’t, and that is why he started hurling the insults. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shandypants said:

To be fair mate, all I said was “What have you called him that for?” and “Can you tell me why he’s been sent off?”.  All I got back from him was a tirade of insults and abuse. Some really shocking stuff from him. I’m not perfect mate - you can push me so far with insults and comments but there is a line and that line was crossed. If you truly did see me then you have to acknowledge that I didn’t swear or insult him and only asked him if he could tell me why Mattias was sent off. He couldn’t, and that is why he started hurling the insults. 

I did hear him and completely agree with you. All I am saying is you should have said what you needed to then sat down or got a steward involved. You kept standing back up and raising your arms!! 

Anyway it's done now and hopefully the next game you're arms are waving about in celebration. 

• Like 1

There was another fella with a kid having a major barney with fans in front of him mid way through the 2nd half. Got a bit handbags until the stewards were called.

2 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

I did hear him and completely agree with you. All I am saying is you should have said what you needed to then sat down or got a steward involved. You kept standing back up and raising your arms!! 

Anyway it's done now and hopefully the next game you're arms are waving about in celebration. 

Ok. Fair play. I can see your point; I'll acknowledge that it must have been frustrating for my fellow fans but I'm not going to apologise for not meekly backing down when someone hurls abuse at me. 

Just now, shandypants said:

Ok. Fair play. I can see your point; I'll acknowledge that it must have been frustrating for my fellow fans but I'm not going to apologise for not meekly backing down when someone hurls abuse at me. 

Oh give over...

"I am the fan in the middle of the Kop that shouted at the ginger haired bloke in glasses who left at half time"?????????????????????????

Like we are supposed to say...

"Oh aye....You was it?"

lol

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Oh give over...

"I am the fan in the middle of the Kop that shouted at the ginger haired bloke in glasses who left at half time"?????????????????????????

Like we are supposed to say...

"Oh aye....You was it?"

lol

I'm self-serving mate. A self-publicist. 

lol