Venancio

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

I thought he had a very good game apart from the first goal but I actually think Wildsmith should have made the call. Venancio distribution is good and is a fine defender.

His distribution is the one area i think he's poor in 

The goal today was a shambles if Wildsmith called then Venancio is at fault if he didn't then its another goalie error as he should have stayed back and took the chested ball

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, joelswfc said:

Walked around the ground at FT with his hands up acknowledging his mistake. Big respect to him for that.

Lets hope all the players are inspired this week to make this shocking situation right.

He's not good enough. Not the worse defender ever but not a top ten standard defender.

Fair play to him. He's been very good recently and deserves a run in the team. 

About the second, whilst Wildsmith was obviously at fault for spilling it, Butterfield deserves some criticism for a shocking sideways pass 30 yards out, gifting them the ball. 

33 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

We need a Captain on the pitch too 

2 complete ricks did Loovens speak to either player did he feeerrk 

Never been a Captain 

He was happy to go off Mick...like Burton....pass the armband over...have a bath...He shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place...Players have a sell by date...love them or loathe them...I'm afaraid Loovens is way past his

• Like 1

Without knowing if Wildsmith called it is difficult to say whose fault it was but Wildsmith didn’t come out with any kind of conviction anyway.

I was watching during the delay for the Brum injury. Wildsmith stood on his own for a long time. Experienced players should have been talking to him , geeing him up, helping him get over the mistake, only Venancio went to speak to him.

13 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Anyone else think Venancio should still have been able to clear  it before their guy knocked it in? 

I sit on the kop and thought he was going to clear it easily.

Not sure what happened without looking at the replay 

3 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Well the Barnsley game will be a nail biter. We will at least see some changes, they have all played well over recent games, don't forget this is really our reserve side 

If thats out 2nd 11 then our 1st 11 must be our hospital 11 cause apart from 1-2 we wont be seeing any of them this season.

2 hours ago, marshy said:

Think Joe's been fantastic, but he was at fault for both imho. He should have made  the call Bad day at the office all round.

Wildsmith been top draw last few games but today was the worst goalkeeping display ive ever seen

1 minute ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Every player makes a mistake .. just a shame that it cost us a goal

However from what i've seen Fred will pick himself up from this .. he's played well since he's come in to the team and it will continue .. fighting for a stay with us isn't he and he's a decent player

I think he’s been more than decent for us. Looks a good defender and his distribution is good, especially decisive passes to Palmer.

Not going to knock him for a lack of communication with Wildsmith. More kudos that he’s apologised to the fans.

Guest RocketOwl

Better then Tom Lees according to many on here. Reminded me of Sasso with that defending. Why didn't he still clear it rather then hesitate on the goal line?

Wildsmith is young and doing well but posters on here ready to send Westwood packing. Westwood has made about 4 errors in 4 seasons. He's the best keeper in the league. 

The lack of support for Westwood and Lees on here is shocking.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

We need a Captain on the pitch too 

2 complete ricks did Loovens speak to either player did he feeerrk 

Never been a Captain 

Love how Loovens gets the blame after two other players completely screw up. New scapegoat it seems.  Unbelievable as the guy has been amazing for us.

Guest RocketOwl
10 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You could say the same about the lack of support for Jordan Rhodes by some people on here is equally shocking.

Well no, Rhodes gets plenty of support.

4 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

2 errors from Wildsmith on that goal.  He can't have shouted loud enough and he should have gone towards the ball not away from it. Felt really sorry for him though. 

My view was that Wildsmith shout for it but Fred thought he wanted it knocking back to him rather than Wildsmith was coming out for the ball, hence the mistake and why Venacio was quick to apologise to Wildsmith.