#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Well the fans can't just accept everything that is going on down at Hillsborough , there are forced to be grumblings around the ground Saturday if we are not performing and rightly so.

Most patient fans ever our lot 

6 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Am I the only one who thought Westwood made a lot of errors last season- not least against the Pigs? Yes he's good but the two young ones have great potential and are already not far behind him.

I did think this, although I thought he was playing injured. 

OK, seems odd, but just gunna have to trust Jos on this one, hopefully the young ones can perform under pressure. He has shown so far that he is good with working with what he's given, which is exactly what we need at the moment - worried about defence still, but let's see (hutch/lees cb?) - looking forward to Saturday!

Edited by jomaco
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Watto said:

Well the fans can't just accept everything that is going on down at Hillsborough , there are forced to be grumblings around the ground Saturday if we are not performing and rightly so.

Really? I think your definition of patient and mine differ. I wouldn't say booing the players off at half time of the first game of the season "patient" 

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Really? I think your definition of patient and mine differ. I wouldn't say booing the players off at half time of the first game of the season "patient" 

I think fans have been hugely patient over the years, and shown great support in league one etc., but the raise of expectations, and hope from almost getting to PL has made fans restless as they don't want to miss the opportunity (or fear we have)

Edited by jomaco

25 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Patient as in , we've been out of the premier league for 18 seasons now , the longest ever run in the club's history out of the top division and had 2 spells in that time in league one.

After coming so close 2 years running it looks like we have missed the boat after so much promise, it's the hope that kills you.

3 minutes ago, Watto said:

Too patient...that’s our problem....just put up with it...always have....club abuse our loyalty

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

Too patient...that’s our problem....just put up with it...always have....club abuse our loyalty

Oh god, I have no words......seriously when did our fanbase become so entitled?  Football, depending on who you support, is either mostly highs, highs and lows, or just lows. We arent a Mna U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc and honestly thank f*ck for that. We arent a Rochdale or Oldham who could only dream of championship let alone the Prem. We have hit hights, and been low, had great managers, had awful, been run well, been run crap, football changes and no one owes you anything, and be fair the Prem and FA dont want clubs breaking into their boys club/ Today, while not what we all want, because obviously we all want to be back in the prem (I dont think I do, because wed be fighting against relegation and losing most weeks), but compared to 7 years ago, we are leaps and bound ahead.We dont have a divine right to be in the Prem, and, as many mistakes as he has made, ill take DC over Dave Allen, and Ill take our position now over been on the high court steps 5 minutes from going bust. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Oh god, I have no words......seriously when did our fanbase become so entitled?  Football, depending on who you support, is either mostly highs, highs and lows, or just lows. We arent a Mna U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc and honestly thank f*ck for that. We arent a Rochdale or Oldham who could only dream of championship let alone the Prem. We have hit hights, and been low, had great managers, had awful, been run well, been run crap, football changes and no one owes you anything, and be fair the Prem and FA dont want clubs breaking into their boys club/ Today, while not what we all want, because obviously we all want to be back in the prem (I dont think I do, because wed be fighting against relegation and losing most weeks), but compared to 7 years ago, we are leaps and bound ahead.We dont have a divine right to be in the Prem, and, as many mistakes as he has made, ill take DC over Dave Allen, and Ill take our position now over been on the high court steps 5 minutes from going bust. 

Every time !!!! Well said that man 

13 hours ago, marcx666 said:

When the ticket prices shot through the roof. And I'm definitely with the entitled fans on this.

DC has to start showing that he's learning from his mistakes. So far I've seen very little evidence to suggest he's doing so.

13 hours ago, marcx666 said:

The funny think is though the club is now in more financial debts that when we nearly got put into administration that's how bad we have been managed since Milan went.

7 years ago in 2011/12 we won promotion to the championship after one of the best ends to a season i will ever remember, being so far behind Sheff utd and pulling them back game after game ending in us pipping them to promotion. I know what you mean but you picked the wrong season because other than the play off final year two years ago we have not seem football that entertaining for a long long time and then tickets where also a lot cheaper.

12 minutes ago, modboy said:

Ps Yorkshire Post suggests the club didn't tell jos at interview re the impending embargo. Bit naughty. Was this what Carlos was hinting at when he said we'd find out something at the end of the season (ie the embargo) 

Quite possibly mate .