Palmer and fox

Been tonight, very good point, would have snapped your hand off if offered that beforehand. Looked good in 1st half but up against it in 2nd, but still good considering injuries etc.

Last couple of games have highlighted for me that both fox and palmer are not good enough to play in this system. Both could easily have cost us the point tonight.

Big positives with venancio and pelupessy both having great games and wildsmith of course with the clean sheet. Hopefully jos can see where the problems lie and address this asap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Thorpe Hesley OWL said:

Been tonight, very good point, would have snapped your hand off if offered that beforehand. Looked good in 1st half but up against it in 2nd, but still good considering injuries etc.

Last couple of games have highlighted for me that both fox and palmer are not good enough to play in this system. Both could easily have cost us the point tonight.

Big positives with venancio and pelupessy both having great games and wildsmith of course with the clean sheet. Hopefully jos can see where the problems lie and address this asap.

If we continue to play this system then I agree. This role is key but not defensively. They have to be the attacking outlet. For me neither has that. Not sure we have the players at the club to really make the system work. Probably Reach on the left. Could give Lee a go on the right.

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

If we need an upgrade on Fox and Palmer then fair enough.

However, they must be doing something right as we aren’t losing games. The whole team is responsible for the clean sheets in my eyes. 

Agree. Palmer has never been quite good enough but he tries and so does Fox,  who seems to have improved a bit. There hasn't been a good full back capable of good attacking play since a fit Lewis Buxton. CC showed complacency about this and he ( or the recruiters) concentrated on acquiring strikers and midfielders 

Yeah we need better from wing backs in terms of attacking threat for sure. 

In the long run I'd be tempted to try K Lee at rwb. 

And what about Penney for Lwb? Or reach.  Also pudil could go there but he seems a better cb right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He may have been the worst player in the ground lol

Really respect those who were there.

Given Fox's pedigree, he was never going to be above average, but he does seem committed and shows energy at least. Credit to him. Now Pudil has slowed, we do not have one good full back.

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yeah we need better from wing backs in terms of attacking threat for sure. 

In the long run I'd be tempted to try K Lee at rwb. 

And what about Penney for Lwb? Or reach.  Also pudil could go there but he seems a better cb right now. 

Good idea about Lee.

It’s a tough job in that position in general. We probably would need specific and quality players for the role. 

Plus, all the time I’ve watched Wednesday you’ve got someone shouting “get forward!” followed by “get back thennnn!” about 6 seconds later. 

lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Tbf that Traore is probably the toughest opponent Fox will come up against all season but i agree we do need to upgrade the full back positions in the summer.

Reach should play there IMO especially at home.

I feared Traore. He looked dynamic on Saturday vs Brighton. Even if there was luck involved, well done to the team tonight.