Just got back

10 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Felt more sorry for the lad TBH....It was his car....he said just before half time...."Come on Dad, or you are gonna end up walking..."

Walked up the Granellis on Wadsley lane, drove 20 yds...no f.ooker could get up the hill...Got out...set off...he managed to get home cos its main roads to Hackenthorpe....

I was fine til I got to Kirk edge rd....Its like entering another world..me glasses iced up half a mile past Worral, then Nuhiu scored, then me phone died..Then it was me versus the wilderness...

That's dedication. Glad your safe, if not quite sane.

• Haha 1

Felt more sorry for the lad TBH....It was his car....he said just before half time...."Come on Dad, or you are gonna end up walking..."

Walked up the Granellis on Wadsley lane, drove 20 yds...no f.ooker could get up the hill...Got out...set off...he managed to get home cos its main roads to Hackenthorpe....

I was fine til I got to Kirk edge rd....Its like entering another world..me glasses iced up half a mile past Worral, then Nuhiu scored, then me phone died..Then it was me versus the wilderness...

There’s a Hollywood movie plot in there.

Would Liam Neeson do you justice?

• Haha 2

Guest Copthorneowl
11 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

10/10 For the entertaining posts in this thread. Well done mate.

Guest Copthorneowl
3 hours ago, sMacLean said:

They'd simply never cope in MK or Northampton.

Its three years since we had snow down here and when you get a few flakes it turns into a disaster.  The biggest difference North to South is the complete inability to cope with a tiny bit of snow.  Everybody drives at 10 mph and it's bloody gridlock.

TIme to reminisce....

who remembers Owls 5-1 Swansea in a blizzard? (Or was it 6-1?)

I recall holding my freezing cold hands upto my face and watching through the gap between my fingers cos the snow blowing into my face was so flippin freezing. 

Great memory that. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

TIme to reminisce....

I recall holding my freezing cold hands upto my face and watching through the gap between my fingers cos the snow blowing into my face was so flippin freezing. 

Great memory that. 

Me

Yea..but he lives in Walkley.............

Just read your post mate Brilliant ..

closed my eyes and imagined that walk .

We were made to do similar in the 70's summetime from Wisewood School on a sponsored walk around and up Bradfield past the convent and the dam 10 miles !!

So you must have done at least 6 in a snow drift maybe more ?

Bloody good walking that pal ..Wednesdays ground looked great lit up from up there when they had the old floodlights as I recall ...

• Like 2

I just got back, abandoned car in Fulwood and made sure mum and dad made it up Crimicar Lane in foot then had their sofa for night.

Crazy conditions in Lodge Moor, ploughs have done a great job on all the main routes though

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

TIme to reminisce....

Great memory that. 

It was 6-1 in Wilko's promotion season. Went in the North for that one. Poor sods on the Kop must have just about froze to death. Lowest home crowd of the season but record Bovril sales!

Great performance by the lads though!

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

TIme to reminisce....

Great memory that. 

I was there, in the relative comfort of the North Stand.  It was 6-1 btw

I've never seen the Kop so sparse (I wasn't around in the mid 70s!), usually it looked fairly full even when it wasn't because people spread all over it, but that day it looked bizarre with just the few hardy souls huddled together in the centre

18 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I was there, in the relative comfort of the North Stand.  It was 6-1 btw

I've never seen the Kop so sparse (I wasn't around in the mid 70s!), usually it looked fairly full even when it wasn't because people spread all over it, but that day it looked bizarre with just the few hardy souls huddled together in the centre

One of those souls on the Kop was me.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

TIme to reminisce....

Great memory that. 

Yes I was at that one...got hit on the head by a roll of masking tape... Bizarre I know !!!!!!

• Haha 3

Folks who stayed for the second half were cheered/amazed with the sight of Jones handing the Captain's armband to Nuhiu when Jos took him off.

And Big Dave was as proud as Punch as he left the field after the match, thumping the badge on his shirt before disappearing down the tunnel after full time.