Just got back

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

TIme to reminisce....

who remembers Owls 5-1 Swansea in a blizzard? (Or was it 6-1?)

I recall holding my freezing cold hands upto my face and watching through the gap between my fingers cos the snow blowing into my face was so flippin freezing. 

Great memory that. 

Great own goal by Toshak if i recall, picked his spot with a header lol...Yea it was absolutely freezin';

Edited by asteener1867

8 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

On the subject of that Swansea game, a lot of the youngsters may not realise that it was in the days before the roof!

Used to look longingly at the North, remember a pre season game against 'boro when it started absolutely lasing down...Hardlyany bugger on the north and some tried to leg it from the Kop...stewards started taking them out to a chorus of damp booing lol

17 hours ago, Maxine said:

I really enjoyed the match tonight I loved seeing the young ones even though I kept getting confused who was who, the snow didn't help. I had a massive struggle home as I live at Stannington. there were cars abandoned and stuck all way up Stannington Road then a hero in a discovery came over to me and offered to tow me to the top of the hill get my car parked up and drop me off at home. What a lovely kind young man he was WAWAW.  

You weren't the lady with the flat tyre on Stannington Road were you? Saw a bloke in a red 4x4 about to help her after I'd given her a shove as it were. 

6 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

You weren't the lady with the flat tyre on Stannington Road were you? Saw a bloke in a red 4x4 about to help her after I'd given her a shove as it were. 

Yes that was me lol thank you for your help 

it was chaos wasn't it.  As if I had a flat tyre aswell though. :wacko:

12 minutes ago, Maxine said:

Yes that was me lol thank you for your help 

it was chaos wasn't it.  As if I had a flat tyre aswell though. :wacko:

Oh so you were "Ever so grateful" to the posh bloke in the red 4X4, but don't even mention the lad pushing you up the hill prior to Lancelot trottin' up on his white (red) charger!!!

Honestly Maxine! lol

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Oh so you were "Ever so grateful" to the posh bloke in the red 4X4, but don't even mention the lad pushing you up the hill prior to Lancelot trottin' up on his white (red) charger!!!

Honestly Maxine! lol

I no I actually feel bad now because quite a few people helped me out and i would have let @latemodelchild get in the car for a lift up the hill if I'd have known it was him. 

Edited by Maxine

Just now, Maxine said:

I no I actually feel bad now because quite a few people helped me out and i would have let LMC get in the car for a lift up the hill if I'd have known it was him. 

So like there were blokes swarming all over yer car....Did you have you...err The top down?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

So like there were blokes swarming all over yer car....Did you have you...err The top down?

you're at it again. 

Actually it just made me realise there are quite a few gents live in Stannington. 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

model.jpg.7a53448c749366a7c03412c6da37199a.jpg.....Ohh this weather is terrible....I may have a flat tyre as well...whatever shall I do"....(Pout)

Hahaha

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

TIme to reminisce....

who remembers Owls 5-1 Swansea in a blizzard? (Or was it 6-1?)

I recall holding my freezing cold hands upto my face and watching through the gap between my fingers cos the snow blowing into my face was so flippin freezing. 

Great memory that. 

Another v Carlisle   April 1973  complete deluge all evening and through the match. I can remember that but not a thing about the game. Except result 0--0 and woefully small crowd.