Loovens

Harsh yellow but only after a lenient not red.

This season he's been careless with the role of captain. Vinnie Jones he may want to be but Vinnie Jones he isn't. To lead you have to be on the pitch. He's been reckless all season, get rid asap.

3 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Anyone else think he talked himself into that second yellow? Just watched it back a second time (full coverage, highlights edits don’t really show it) and the ref is nowhere near his pocket until Glenn kicks off about it being a foul. Looks like he’s giving the ref a right negging.

:picnic:

That was my view at the time. I also dont see it as Glenns usual style to gob off. He seems more of a - ok its a foul, lets have a spliff .....meh

9 hours ago, a_weishaupt said:

It wasn't a booking however, so it wasn't a sending off.

You all seem to be missing that vital point.

It wasn’t a booking until he started gobbing off at the ref 

if  you watch it again you’ll see that 

Edited by Bluey9

A needless sending off, from two needless challenges. Whilst his legs have gone I’d still like to believe he’s a valuable asset for the rest of the season. 

That said, he is not the future of the club, so given the choice I’d prefer to see a handing over of the position to a younger option whilst helping their development. 

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Whooooah

Not malicious in any way

Didn't do it deliberately

Just not fast enough 

That's alll

You shouldn't get shouted at for being too slow to keep up

Pace shouldn’t be too much of an issue for a quality centre back. The first two yards are in your head and with experience he should be able to read things better. Loovens was found wanting in that area last night and IMO should have been replaced in the summer.

6 hours ago, kingsidney said:

2 yellow cards isn’t one mistake :stuwinky:

The second foul wasn’t needed

so if we are going on this system, anyone who gets a booking is past it and shouldn’t play for us again.

i can’t believe the overreaction, up until the second yellow, loovens had marshalled the back line in a new system perfectly.

1 minute ago, Jowl said:

Good servant, great club captain but his legs have gone. He'll cost us again this season I'm afraid.

Centre half a priority. we needed one in the January   17 / 18 window, must for the summer.

tweeked it mate 

loovens was great with lees but  fairly obvious to me ( seemingly not whoever is culpable for recruitment)  that we needed better  or at least back up after the first season of CC

10 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Out for 2 games now don’t forget , and with lees out for around 3 weeks still and joost a couple of weeks away?  I believe we are down to fred and pudil at CB

incomings due ?

Why does he miss 2 games? I thought it was only 1 game for 2 yellows leading to a red.

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Should never play for us again. 

Idiot. Not the first time this season either 

Apologise for this comment, was said in the heat of the moment, thought it would cost us the game.

In all seriousness he's been a great player for us on a free transfer. But this season he's been a liability which is a shame. I've said since Wembley he needed replacing. He's past it now and we need to sign a replacement this window asap. 

12 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Do you have a white stick Sally ? Clear as day his studs caught in the turf as he slid in it upset his deportment. No appeal though as second yellow.

Maybe other reasons why he should be replaced but that wasn't one of them.. Great performance from our back 5/4.

Why did he go to ground? You're asking for it if you do. Captain like him should know better, player was going nowhere.

Hes cost us goals and games this season. Luckily the players did superb when he went off, otherwise he would have cost us there.