Sibon ex player but Owls never forgotten

23 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Sorry pal but you smoke out of your ar*e. He was one who did care about the club and probably was the last remaining from the other bunch who were mercenaries who had gone long before Sibon had.

I went to just about every game that season Home and away and he didn’t give a flying ........only reason he stayed was the massive wages we were paying him and no one would take him off our hands.

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

He was here along with De Bilde Jonk and a few others for a pay day with no heart, the relegation season I’ll never forget as it was gutless from beggiinning to end.

He was top scorer and player of the season for the two years following our relegation, so hardly can be lumped into the same category as those others who never really contributed anything.

As a young teenager I adored watching him play.

1 minute ago, beloved_aunt said:

He was top scorer and player of the season for the two years following our relegation, so hardly can be lumped into the same category as those others who never really contributed anything.

As a young teenager I adored watching him play.

That was one of the worst periods in our recent history and makes the first few months of this season look fantastic by comparison.

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

He'll always be associated with a very poor period for the club and mentioned alongside the terrible signings of De Bilde and Jonk, but like it says he's a former player of the year and was our top scorer 3 times. Had an odd style but an enormous amount of talent. 

He stayed when we went down unlike all the others he went from playing with good players to playing with Players like Ashley Westwood and Trond Soltvet.

I can't remember if we signed Shefki Kuqi at the same time or after but it kind of showed the standard of player we changed to from Sibon and Jonk, Alexandersson, when we dropped down the leagues.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

Nuhiu.jpg?admin

You seriously cannot compare Sibon with Dave.

After we sold Sibon he went on the lift the Dutch title, play in the Champions League and represent the Netherlands at the Olympics.  If we sold Nuhiu tomorrow he wouldn't achieve anything like this.

Sibon had more skill in his little toe than Dave has in his whole body. 

Just now, beloved_aunt said:

You seriously cannot compare Sibon with Dave.

After we sold Sibon he went on the lift the Dutch title, play in the Champions League and represent the Netherlands at the Olympics.  If we sold Nuhiu tomorrow he wouldn't achieve anything like this.

Sibon had more skill in his little toe than Dave has in his whole body. 

I was answering your question as to if a player has ever divided the fan base as much...

Basically any tall player who can look a bit awkward at times will get pelters from certain sections of the fanbase.

People who think he was crap must not see anything in football other than how much (useless) running a player does, remember after he left seeing him line up in a Champions League match for PSV vs Arsenal, but a significant few thought he wasn't good enough for our dire Division 2 squad.

Probably the same idiots who used to slag off Brunt and Whelan when they were clearly our best two players at the time.

Edited by Guest