Sibon ex player but Owls never forgotten

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/11203250/gerald-sibon-on-sheffield-derbies-darts-and-becoming-a-striker-coach

Came across this article today, from Gerald Sibon, a very unique player for us, could be brilliant but came across as very laid back and sometimes appeared not bothered on the pitch.

He has some very nice thinks to say about us and from the looks of it is a closet Owls fans.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/11203250/gerald-sibon-on-sheffield-derbies-darts-and-becoming-a-striker-coach

Came across this article today, from Gerald Sibon, a very unique player for us, could be brilliant but came across as very laid back and sometimes appeared not bothered on the pitch.

He has some very nice thinks to say about us and from the looks of it is a closet Owls fans.

He was here along with De Bilde Jonk and a few others for a pay day with no heart, the relegation season I’ll never forget as it was gutless from beggiinning to end.

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

He was here along with De Bilde Jonk and a few others for a pay day with no heart, the relegation season I’ll never forget as it was gutless from beggiinning to end.

De Bilde and Jonk I agree with, can't say I do with Sibon. He did put a shift in and score goals for us after we went down as I remember it.

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

No I disagree Jonk was one of those players you didn't miss him until he didn't play, he did the bits and pieces things very well.

We had a player of his quality now in our team we would have what our central midfield has been missing for the last 5-10 years.

But yes De-Bilde was a ****.

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Sibon wasn't so bad.  Certainly not comparable to the likes of De Bilde.

He was another of those 'big guys that are surprisingly skillful but not very good in the air' that you never quite know what to do with. 

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Say in the article he was sold because he was on Premiership wages and club could not afford him, he wanted to stay but could understand why he had to leave.

Hmm - he stayed after relegation and seemed to at least partially find a backbone in the year in the second tier. 

In fact - I can almost pinpoint the match it happened. he (and the team in general) had been playing awfully against Big Sam's Bolton team. We were 3-0 down with about half an hour to go and Sibon then seemed to become possessed and take the game to Bolton with tricks, wonderful control and thunderbolt shooting (remember him cannoning one off the bar from miles out). He then played well for the rest of the season before being sold.

21 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

As others have done, I'll respectfully disagree with your comment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hmm - he stayed after relegation and seemed to at least partially find a backbone in the year in the second tier. 

In fact - I can almost pinpoint the match it happened. he (and the team in general) had been playing awfully against Big Sam's Bolton team. We were 3-0 down with about half an hour to go and Sibon then seemed to become possessed and take the game to Bolton with tricks, wonderful control and thunderbolt shooting (remember him cannoning one off the bar from miles out). He then played well for the rest of the season before being sold.

I seem to remember he scored some thunder bolts of free kicks, i remember one where it was flicked up and volleyed. 

9 minutes ago, Standidno said:

An absolute disgrace in premier league year we went down.

forget what he did after.

Nah read the article he still views us very highly which is rare for players from abroad and one who was here when we were really struggling 

35 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Sorry pal but you smoke out of your ar*e. He was one who did care about the club and probably was the last remaining from the other bunch who were mercenaries who had gone long before Sibon had.