Dave Bassett says Luhukay won’t know what’s hit him

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Oh dear we had such an horrendous start in that game :carlosswfc:. At least we managed to restore a bit of pride and towards the end I actually thought we might come away with a draw.

Yeah we had plenty of time to do so and I remember a tudgay air shot too. But we seemed to run out of steam.

Hopefully Butterfield will be our new Adam Bolder!

Personally think this will help JL if he reads it it will help him prepare for game. you can not dismiss Bassett think he holds record for number of promotions delivered by any one manager and still helps loads of managers who ring him for advice. I believe Wilder speaks to him regularly.

it would be helpful to JL if he spoke to Howard Wilkinson to give him some perspective on how to approach Championship games including derbies. Failing that he could always ring Bassett and ask him for some advice, from what I hear Harry is always helpful to everyone who contacts him for advice on football matters.

For some reason I’m quietly confident about Friday. The Local Press are firmly in the United Camp, everyone of a United Persuasion is expecting to absolutely hammer us and they’re bringing in new players left, right and centre.

Where we’re just getting on with things quietly behind closed doors in Emergency Ward 10 after the publicity earlier in the week with regards to Lukuhay’s appointment. Personally I think if Loovens and Joao are at the top of their game on Friday we spoil the party IMO :luhukay:

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

This derby has the feeling of the one when Chris Turner was the new manager. Needed to watch from behind the sofa.

The last Brian Laws one at the Lane was horrendous too.

flipping helllllll

If the first half of this one is anything like that one then I’ll be jumping in the Thames .

crowd size previously managed in front of is irrelevant this is not a football match

it's a clash of good against, bad the enlightened against the unwashed football is scondary it's who wants it

I want Jos to instil in who have left standing to want it more than them -then if we lose we can say we had a go 

no limp wristed after you claude tackles, no drooping heads if we go down a goal fight to the last 

we'll fight them on the pitch 

wade through the rivers of p*ss

we will never be defeated 

A lot of Owls are expecting to lose and a win will be a welcome surprise.

Blades are expecting to win but scared shìtless they'll lose.

I personally think we might win but losing won't be as big a hit as last time.

Edited by OxonOwl

Personally, I just think Carlito (and our players) looked at the last derby and thought "Third Division squad, Third Division manger, who've all just come out of the Third Division".

Would we have approached that game in the same way had we been playing ex-PL outfits like Newcastle or Veela? I doubt it.

Would Carlos have played a keeper with broken ribs, or thrown Van Aken in at the deep end?

It was complacency which cost us as much as anything, and we're not the only team to suffer from that when playing the Blades this season.

9 hours ago, Watto said:

Yes but they'll not have the same intensity of the Sheffield Derby, very difficult first game for Joss 

Everyone thinks their own derby is bigger, more hostile, more passionate. Have you seen the videos of the atmosphere at some of the German derbies? I have to admit it’s far superior to most of the derbies in this country, in fact the atmospheres in Germany in general look a lot better. Maybe something to do with cheaper tickets, standing areas and being allowed to drink but that’s another debate. 

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

crowd size previously managed in front of is irrelevant this is not a football match

it's a clash of good against, bad the enlightened against the unwashed football is scondary it's who wants it

I want Jos to instil in who have left standing to want it more than them -then if we lose we can say we had a go 

no limp wristed after you claude tackles, no drooping heads if we go down a goal fight to the last 

we'll fight them on the pitch 

wade through the rivers of p*ss

we will never be defeated 

Well said mate.

I couldn't help reading the last three lines in my best Churchillian tone.

"We will fight them on the Shoreham

We will fight them on the pitch,

They're dirty red & white barshtards

We will never shurrender"

• Thanks 1

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Well said mate.

indeed 

I just hope the lily livered bunch we have left standing just have a go it's all we want 

27 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Well said mate.

Personally, I'd settle for half their first team on the treatment table after the match, crushing any lingering hopes of promotion they might have.

Then we've only got Leeds to worry about. lol