Did you ask for a refund?

19 minutes ago, Left-footed Filth said:

I don't have a ST but my old man does and he's asked for a refund.

My dad bought a 3 year ticket at the beginning of last year so he will be receiving a refund for the remainder of this year and the whole of next year. 

Without going in to too much detail his circumstances have changed this year and he's been unable to go a lot this year. When he's been unable to go i have often gone in his place however I live a long way from sheffield and have young children so I can't commit to a ST either. 

Dad never complained or asked for a refund but when presented with this option it was hard to turn down given that he's been unable to go anyway so much this season and will likely be in the same position next year. For me it's a massive shame to know that for taking up a genuine offer from the owner he will now be pretty much shunted out of the doors and unable to buy another ST later on when perhaps his circumstances allow him to go and take advantage of the benefits a ST brings. 

Personally I think you'll find very few of the fans taking this offer are people who are 'disgruntled'. That's an emotion based on current performance and what we all know as a knee jerk reaction. It's happened for years with people chucking tickets on the field and at the manger etc. When the emotion settles most of these fans wouldn't genuinely take a refund and not go anymore.

The sad thing is that the people who probablt will take the offer of refund are people who have found themselves in unexpected circumstances like my dad and now feel it's an offer they can't turn down even when they never requested it in the first place. And as a result of this they get permanently blacklisted for it.

Sorry to hear that your dad is struggling to get to games as much as he'd like to.

I'd be surprised if the club wouldn't cancel your dad's season ticket without imposing the conditions attached to this current offer if you contacted them and explained the circumstances.

It's worth a try, surely?

1 hour ago, Left-footed Filth said:

My dad bought a 3 year ticket at the beginning of last year so he will be receiving a refund for the remainder of this year and the whole of next year. 

Without going in to too much detail his circumstances have changed this year and he's been unable to go a lot this year. When he's been unable to go i have often gone in his place however I live a long way from sheffield and have young children so I can't commit to a ST either. 

Dad never complained or asked for a refund but when presented with this option it was hard to turn down given that he's been unable to go anyway so much this season and will likely be in the same position next year. For me it's a massive shame to know that for taking up a genuine offer from the owner he will now be pretty much shunted out of the doors and unable to buy another ST later on when perhaps his circumstances allow him to go and take advantage of the benefits a ST brings. 

Personally I think you'll find very few of the fans taking this offer are people who are 'disgruntled'. That's an emotion based on current performance and what we all know as a knee jerk reaction. It's happened for years with people chucking tickets on the field and at the manger etc. When the emotion settles most of these fans wouldn't genuinely take a refund and not go anymore.

The sad thing is that the people who probablt will take the offer of refund are people who have found themselves in unexpected circumstances like my dad and now feel it's an offer they can't turn down even when they never requested it in the first place. And as a result of this they get permanently blacklisted for it.

So sorry to hear about this 

I hope to god the club undersrand this situstion and stop with the disgraceful sanctions attached to refunds.

And I hope your dad is ok mate that’s the most important thing of all

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope to god the club undersrand this situstion and stop with the disgraceful sanctions attached to refunds.

agree 

btw can you get rid or lock these sorta threads,just posters trying to act the big man being 'true fans' ,this is supposed to be football forum 

9 hours ago, jamese said:

Same here, as much as he's a pain in the arse at times!

All my life I've waited for the time I can go to the match and have a pint with my son

The bugger is 21 now, but doesn't drink

Karma innit

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

10 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Each to their own

For me, a season ticket is about much more than watching Wednesday, it’s about an afternoon out with my son

I can’t put a price on that

This is the best post I have ever seen on OT.   Perfect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I hope to god the club undersrand this situation and stop with the disgraceful sanctions attached to refunds.

People who are unable to attend through ill health etc.. and explain this to the club wont be subject to sanctions as has been noted and applauded on here in the past.

Asking for a refund because you don’t like the chairman, the manager, the results or the style of play is totally different and was always going to incur a penalty.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

All my life I've waited for the time I can go to the match and have a pint with my son

The bugger is 21 now, but doesn't drink

Karma innit

he's not my son is he hoots I don't drink either lol  ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Left-footed Filth said:

Sorry to hear of this. Tbh you’d most likely get a refund, I’ve known the club give refunds for certain cases.

The “offer” for refunds aren’t for cases such as your Dad’s.  I hope he gets the proper refund and if his circumstances change then he’ll be back

My elderly relatives who won't visit another game this season -- through ill health after decades watching every home game -- decided against it after I mentioned the offer. They didn't know of the current terms and conditions when I mentioned it. But I said to em I bet something along the lines of being banned from Hillsborough would be the drawback. Personally I agreed with them, you take the risk when you make decision to buy the season ticket. Silly idea from the chairman.

So basically elderly lifelong fans, fans who are elderly and ill, and fans who maybe are going through hard times financially have requested info after first seeing it advertised by our chairman.

And then fellow fans call for them to be banned for life as they’re not really true fans 

BRILLIANT

What an Anniversary Year 

Owlstalk Shop

I bought a ST for the first time since 09-10, after just being a member the previous two seasons. You may think that I bought it expecting promotion (I hoped for it but didn’t expect it), but actually I bought mine because I’ve bought a house very close to the ground. I don’t want to sit in my lounge on a Saturday afternoon watching people walk past on their way to the match, and then hear all the sounds from the stadium over the dreadful Saturday afternoon TV I would otherwise be watching. For that reason, I didn’t want a refund and I will renew next season. This is despite the significant decline in the quality of performance on the pitch. Even with the poo games I went to over the last two seasons, I enjoyed the afternoon as it was not every week. Most of the time this season, the match has spoilt my afternoon in the pub.

If people want refunds on their STs, that’s their business. I’m not going to criticise anyone who does, nor am I going to criticise anyone who doesn’t renew, whether we stay up or go down. It’s disappointing that the appalling performances on and off the pitch have resulted in people feeling like they want a refund, and it’s even more disappointing how the club has reacted to this.

I’m not sure that the club could have handled this in a worse fashion, but as the only long term positive I’ve seen on and off the pitch from the club has been the Thornbridge beer, I’m not surprised.

I was so bored with the football dished up this season I couldn't be bothered going while Carlos was manager.

Thinking it was a waste of the ticket I decided to nail it to the gateepost at the front of the house so anyone passing could take it

Then came the news that Carlos had gone. 

I had second thoughts and rushed outside but I was too late.

Some swine had taken my nail.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Loxley Owl said:

I bought a ST for the first time since 09-10, after just being a member the previous two seasons. You may think that I bought it expecting promotion (I hoped for it but didn’t expect it), but actually I bought mine because I’ve bought a house very close to the ground. I don’t want to sit in my lounge on a Saturday afternoon watching people walk past on their way to the match, and then hear all the sounds from the stadium over the dreadful Saturday afternoon TV I would otherwise be watching. For that reason, I didn’t want a refund and I will renew next season. This is despite the significant decline in the quality of performance on the pitch. Even with the poo games I went to over the last two seasons, I enjoyed the afternoon as it was not every week. Most of the time this season, the match has spoilt my afternoon in the pub.

If people want refunds on their STs, that’s their business. I’m not going to criticise anyone who does, nor am I going to criticise anyone who doesn’t renew, whether we stay up or go down. It’s disappointing that the appalling performances on and off the pitch have resulted in people feeling like they want a refund, and it’s even more disappointing how the club has reacted to this.

I’m not sure that the club could have handled this in a worse fashion, but as the only long term positive I’ve seen on and off the pitch from the club has been the Thornbridge beer, I’m not surprised.

Great post

I genuinely wish all fans had your approach to this

Owlstalk Shop

21 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Each to their own

For me, a season ticket is about much more than watching Wednesday, it’s about an afternoon out with my son

I can’t put a price on that

I opened this thread to write my own in depth reason as to why i buy my ST unconditionally come rain or shine, success or failure.

However, i read the above post and couldn't be arsed to beat it.

2 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

I opened this thread to write my own in depth reason as to why i buy my ST unconditionally come rain or shine, success or failure.

However, i read the above post and couldn't be arsed to beat it.

Me too it's about meeting my mates and spending time with my nephew and his lad...three generations of wednesdayites