Did you ask for a refund?

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I would never ask for a refund , BUT the chairman is bang out of order threatening fans who have asked for one.  

He is not threatening anyone, he is offering them a deal to give them what they have asked for.

PS ain't S36 great! :biggrin:

Edited by Striggy
additional comment
  • Haha 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

I bet 99% of those talking up the refund or enquiringly wouldn't have genuinely dreamed of asking for a refund in reality. It's football, people know the score.

Problem is the chaiman took to heart a few insults that are more of a tongue in cheek or a way of expressing annoyance as genuinely asking for their money back. 

Before his statement would anyone have ever expect Sheffield Wednesday to refund season tickets? 

The chairman reacted badly and wrongly. Now people will think actually maybe I will, fizz it, pay me back. Completely the chairmans fault for all this and fans having a go at each other.

The only positive I suppose is that he is actually trying to address any potential problems, all be it going about it in the wrong way. 

4 hours ago, Hitcat said:

I only asked for a refund for the games Jones and Butterfield played in... 

You should have got an apology as well!

8 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

It’s a topic that has started some debate and allegedly it has put fans against other fans.

I’ve had a ST for nigh on 30yrs and as we know there has been some turd dished up in that time. Not once did I think of asking for my money back, there were times (under Irvine & Gray) I didn’t go and attempted to pass on my seat but there were no takers.

So, who has asked for a refund and why?

If anyone asked for one what's it to do with you or anyone. You don't know their circumstances or their reasons and they are nothing to do with you or anyone else. Chansiri offers it and some might have taken it. So what. Instead of starting a new thread trying to belittle people, why not post in the other thread. 

Edited by stanningtonowl

10 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Only missed em due to other commitments, never actively thought Feck that I can’t be arsed. 

I missed the Wolves game. Combination of CBA and it was on the telly. The players got me back by not turning up against Burton.

lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

If anyone asked for one what's it to do with you or anyone. You don't know their circumstances or their reasons and they are nothing to do with you or anyone else. Chansiri offers it and some might have taken it. So what. Instead of starting a new thread trying to belittle people, why not post in the other thread. 

Calm thee sen down a bit, I’m not belittling anybody. I was attempting to find out why some folk would want a refund.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Think that why he ended the post with "did you ask for a refund and why?".

I don't have a ST but my old man does and he's asked for a refund.

My dad bought a 3 year ticket at the beginning of last year so he will be receiving a refund for the remainder of this year and the whole of next year. 

Without going in to too much detail his circumstances have changed this year and he's been unable to go a lot this year. When he's been unable to go i have often gone in his place however I live a long way from sheffield and have young children so I can't commit to a ST either. 

Dad never complained or asked for a refund but when presented with this option it was hard to turn down given that he's been unable to go anyway so much this season and will likely be in the same position next year. For me it's a massive shame to know that for taking up a genuine offer from the owner he will now be pretty much shunted out of the doors and unable to buy another ST later on when perhaps his circumstances allow him to go and take advantage of the benefits a ST brings. 

Personally I think you'll find very few of the fans taking this offer are people who are 'disgruntled'. That's an emotion based on current performance and what we all know as a knee jerk reaction. It's happened for years with people chucking tickets on the field and at the manger etc. When the emotion settles most of these fans wouldn't genuinely take a refund and not go anymore.

The sad thing is that the people who probablt will take the offer of refund are people who have found themselves in unexpected circumstances like my dad and now feel it's an offer they can't turn down even when they never requested it in the first place. And as a result of this they get permanently blacklisted for it.

Edited by Left-footed Filth

17 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

And why I said nothing to do with him or anyone else. Peoples reasons might be private and not something they want to share with anyone else. 

You do realise that people can opt not to comment don't you? 

He's just asking who and why innthr hoping of getting some insight from people who don't mind sharing it.

Jeez