What sort of loser asks for a refund?

Forget kits, doyen, Hirst and all that sh!te. Just concentrate on football.Has our home form really been that bad to ask for a refund. We’ve had a few decent wins , some horrendous defeats and quite a few boring draws. It’s not great it’s not even good it’s bang average but we’ve 10 games left. To ask for a refund is just wrong IMO 

2 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Forget kits, doyen, Hirst and all that sh!te. Just concentrate on football.Has our home form really been that bad to ask for a refund. We’ve had a few decent wins , some horrendous defeats and quite a few boring draws. It’s not great it’s not even good it’s bang average but we’ve 10 games left. To ask for a refund is just wrong IMO 

How many people you do think have genuinely asked for a refund? My estimation would be about 2 and think those people would have said it in the heat of the moment after a bad performance.

Chairmen is far too touchy in my opinion and has overacted. 

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

How many people you do think have genuinely asked for a refund? My estimation would be about 2 and think those people would have said it in the heat of the moment after a bad performance.

I’ve been a big critic of Chansiri and how he runs the club but he’s spent a lot of money on players, pitch amongst others.I can see why he would say you know what don’t like it don’t come ,have your money back  . Not the best way to get fans on your side but I can see where he’s coming from. Some fans just love to moan no matter what. 

FAO anyone stating the club should "name and shame" those who ask for a refund.

I could be wrong here as it's been a while since I studied it, but I'm fairly sure that would be a pretty serious breach of the Data Protection Act and would leave the club open to being sued by those individuals...

Bloody drama queens on here, we are not in a bloody crisis that was under pigeon Dave. We have players who are worth millions who are either injured or need a kick up the arse. We have invested poorly but our fab Chairman has invested unlike the pudding at the lane who got lucky with his appointment of manager. If Chansiri gets the managemnt appoint right we will soar and i hope idiots that are asking for their money back now get charged a bloody fortune.

May have already been said but I wonder if those asking for a refund also object to the hiring of Katrien Meire.

She states that fans of the club are 'Customers', to which we disagree, we don't choose Wednesday, we are Wednesday.

So if your asking for a refund your basically saying you agree with Katrien and you should be treated like a customer, not happy with your product, get a refund.

Just my thoughts.

4 minutes ago, boomboomshaketheroom said:

May have already been said but I wonder if those asking for a refund also object to the hiring of Katrien Meire.

She states that fans of the club are 'Customers', to which we disagree, we don't choose Wednesday, we are Wednesday.

So if your asking for a refund your basically saying you agree with Katrien and you should be treated like a customer, not happy with your product, get a refund.

Just my thoughts.

I don't mind at all being called a customer.
When you are a customer you should expect a lot better service then football in general has given supporters over the years.

9 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Looks like 44 are seriously considering asking for a refund.Thats before they know the terms and conditions.

Hardly earth shattering 

I bet in reality it's not even that many

I'd hazard a guess at 10 MAX (and I reckon much of that will have come from Chansiri's bizarre messages, the sacking of Carlos, and the appointment of the new CEO)

Owlstalk Shop

Can see both sides of this whole argument. Firstly, I don’t think anyone paying to watch a sport should be entitled to a refund purely based on performances, nobody buys a ticket that comes with any sort of guarantee of entertainment or victory. You know the score when you invest. 

However, the preaching and criticism from “true fans” about anyone wishing to take up the chairman’s rare offer is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. From the reaction I’ve seen particularly on social media but on here as well is often coming from SOME people that I wouldn’t  consider true fans for other reasons. For example some folk on twitter who swear at, abuse and constantly slag off players, staff, DC personally seem to think that’s what a “true” fan can do but god forbid someone takes up an offer that the chairman has actually offered to get the refund. Again, it’s not an offer I’d take up personally but each individual can make their own decision for their own reasons. No other individual fan has any right or power to banish them forever which is what many seem to be suggesting. We don’t sign a contract to support our team, there are all types of different supporters, some more loyal than others, some who attend less than others for whatever reason. That’s just the nature of it, surely?

Serious question...you see it fairly often when clubs offer refunds to fans who have endured a poor performance and an hiding and I am sure fans accept...what’s the difference??

IMO...same principle just on a larger scale.

people saying when you buy a ST there are no guarantees...same as when you buy an away ticket, there’s no gaurantees!! 

15 hours ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

If your sold something in a shop and it's different to what you were promised you would instantly take it back so fair play to the op

OP was sold a ticket to 23 games of football between 22 men on a field. Is that not what he has received? 

The sense of entitlement this season is overwhelming. 

Imagine the smiles on our faces if this was pigmad. Makes me ashamed

A flat, crap, dissapointing season that is quickly becoming a farce due to a large portion of the fanbase whinging and a chairman who reportedly won't accept help so gets criticised, sets on a CEO to help, then gets criticised. 

All of us have done things wrong this season I have no doubt but the endless bickering is only going to cause more problems. It's happened before but we're too stupid or to blind to see it. 

5 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

OP was sold a ticket to 23 games of football between 22 men on a field. Is that not what he has received? 

The sense of entitlement this season is overwhelming. 

Imagine the smiles on our faces if this was pigmad. Makes me ashamed

A flat, crap, dissapointing season that is quickly becoming a farce due to a large portion of the fanbase whinging and a chairman who reportedly won't accept help so gets criticised, sets on a CEO to help, then gets criticised. 

All of us have done things wrong this season I have no doubt but the endless bickering is only going to cause more problems. It's happened before but we're too stupid or to blind to see it. 

All of us have done things wrong this season? we bought into the chairman's dream and vision and decided to back him by paying substantially for tickets so how on earth can the fans be blamed for where we are now? how many other sets of fans would have put up with the rip off ticket prices without protesting? we have some of the most understanding fans around so I simply can't accept they have to take 50% blame for a chairman's who knows zero about football.

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Exactly.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I bet in reality it's not even that many

I'd hazard a guess at 10 MAX (and I reckon much of that will have come from Chansiri's bizarre messages, the sacking of Carlos, and the appointment of the new CEO)

I agree. I do hope DC tells us how many actually go through with it.

My guess would be around 10-15, mainly because of the CEO appointment.

58 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

All of us have done things wrong this season? we bought into the chairman's dream and vision and decided to back him by paying substantially for tickets so how on earth can the fans be blamed for where we are now? how many other sets of fans would have put up with the rip off ticket prices without protesting? we have some of the most understanding fans around so I simply can't accept they have to take 50% blame for a chairman's who knows zero about football.

Maybe not all of us then, but booing, fighting/arguing in the stands, moaning constantly, expecting too much in a game that has no guarantees, putting up with Carlos for to long . That's just a few examples to mention and is a matter of opinion as to whether they are wrong but that kind of thing is what I mean. 1 persons wrong isn't necessarily another's. 

Same applies to chansiris wrongs/rights. 

So he paid for a dream and it didn't end how he'd like so he wants a refund? He didn't pay for football? 

Rip off ticket prices? Is it every week? Are we the highest every week? I genuinely have no idea.

But surely if your willing to pay it you pay it and if u aren't you don't?  

Most understanding fans? That one is to far, give me a break pal. Maybe 5 years ago I would agree we had a lot of bobbar. But we've just had 2 consecutive seasons of near promotion and the toys are well and truly out of the pram and have been for most of this season because we've been mid table, crying about stripes, and now whinging about a woman who we don't even know what her roll is or what impact it's going to have. 

It's been crap i've hated most games this season and we desperately need a change of direction but pushing and pushing against Chansiri could end up being a massive mistake. Likewise Chansiri having these mad hissy fits. It's crying out for a middle man, a Howard Wilkinson type figure. Someone who can filter all of ours/chansiris bobbar before it reaches the other. Otherwise we're going to get a messy divorce. 

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think you are assuming all people who have criticised the club over prices, stripes etc have all called for a boycott and have demanded a refund of season tickets.
Many, many people have criticised the club over ticket prices etc but only a couple of WUM at most have called for boycotts.

Not assuming that at all.

Obviously the level of dissent varies 'fan' to 'fan', but it is undeniable that it is more than a few WUMs that have been calling for quite drastic action. (including but not limited to 'boycotts').

Regarding the 'non attenders', some have called it a Boycott by name, others have simply said they wouldn't be going again until their demands were met and attempted to garner support from others for similar action.

A huge section of posters on here have criticised every aspect of the club, not certain things they don't approve of, but EVERY aspect. 

Going back to the refund issue. As I said, same as the 'boycott' point, it is clearly not "all people" as you rightly state, but you only have to look at the quite strident backing in support of the 'Refundee's' and the numbers, to see it is obviously not just a few WUMs. 

8 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

But not retrospectively!

There is already legislation in place to cover goods & services, but is has to fall under the remit of faulty or being misrepresented.

Eg if a woman buys some Chanel No 5 and it smells like Chanel No 5 but she then decides she doesn't like the smell, she can't go back to the shop having tried it and get a refund. 

If though she bought the same product and it was off and smelled like the underside of a Unitedites arm pit she would have a case.

People bought season tickets to see football, which they got. (regardless of the quality).

They were promised a discounted price for buying in advance and committing for a full season. (which they got).

They were promised their own seat, with priority advance booking for cup games etc. (which they got).

There was not and cannot be, any sort of guarantee with regard to the quality of the football and whether there will be a favourable end result to any given season.

Otherwise every team in the league would be giving refunds when they don't finish in the top 3 or the playoffs.  Maybe some would even demand a refund if they finished in the playoffs but didn't complete the job.

It is an unnecessary and dangerous precedent to set and should never have been offered and reflects very badly on any individuals that take it up.   

The dangerous and unnecessary precedent is referring to fans as customers..........you can understand how and why people will take that interpretation in whichever way they see fit.

For the record, I wouldn't do the same thing myself but this has been offered to fans who are so unhappy they can't bear to watch what is on offer.

Do we really want the negativity that may come from those quarters inside the ground or less numbers of people who genuinely back the team?

The lads need us at the moment - not to be walking away like their leader has when the going gets tough.