1 hour ago, itsonmyhead said:

I’m chuffed to bits for him to score. But that peno was crap, if the keeper goes the right way that ones bread and butter. But saying that he didn’t go the right way and we win 3-0, cmon lads keep it up 

Can you imagine how he’d be feeling after the miss at ER...then the embarrassing shying away from that playoff penalty

Little surprise he’d be nervous.

Yet he fronted up and put it in the back of the net

He took it...and sent the keeper wrong way....put it into the back of the net.

WELL DONE Jordan lad!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Am in wrong to say I already see a plan b especially with Hooper going off and we throw abdi on either its positivity feeling or we actually have another plan 

Why did Hoops go off ? 

not on highlights & wasn't able to get a ticket 

good win tho tho from what I have seen, Reach & Wildsmith looked fantastic on highlight reel

10 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

Why did Hoops go off ? 

not on highlights & wasn't able to get a ticket 

good win tho tho from what I have seen, Reach & Wildsmith looked fantastic on highlight reel

Looked like he overstretched and damaged his hamstring or groin hard to tell as I was continually batting off all the knuckle draggers in the Peter Taylor family(?) stand. 

• Agree 1

Glad to see he had the confidence to pick the ball up and place it on the spot. 

Heres my view if the goal

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Owl At Risk said:

This thread makes me despair of our educational standards. 

Its a football forum for heavens sake. There are posters of many nationalities and educational levels using the site. It's not a condition to be a genius like wot you obviously is . Innit.

• Agree 3
  • Haha 2

How do we know what happened with the Hudds pen shootout, maybe Carlos had already chosen the pen takers and Rhodes wasn’t one of them !

Maybe that’s why he was so keen today !

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Vernon1867 said:

One of the greatest players I've seen in a Wednesday shirt.

You obviously weren’t lucky enough to see Waddle, Hurst, Walker, Palmer (Carlton) Sheridan, et al !

I feel sorry for you..

lol

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Never thought he was anything less than honest with the Huddersfield one If he wasn’t confident, for whatever reason, then he made the right decision

Played OK today, but I’m still not convinced he’s right for us However, if he is to be played, Joao may turn out to be his best partner, we’ll see

Edited by gurujuan
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

You obviously weren’t lucky enough to see Waddle, Hurst, Walker, Palmer (Carlton) Sheridan, et al !

I feel sorry for you..

lol

How can any Wednesday fan spell Hirst wrong ? Come on mate. 

Just now, Grassy knoll said:

Ha ha, fair play, the Christmas spirit is strong within me (hic)...

lol

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, itsonmyhead said:

I’m chuffed to bits for him to score. But that peno was crap, if the keeper goes the right way that ones bread and butter. But saying that he didn’t go the right way and we win 3-0, cmon lads keep it up 

I thought it was a very good pen. Sent the keeper the wrong way, kept it low and scored. What more can you ask for. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 hours ago, glynnb said:

Looked like he overstretched and damaged his hamstring or groin hard to tell as I was continually batting off all the knuckle draggers in the Peter Taylor family(?) stand. 

Fun in there wasn't it :ghoulguy: 

18 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Falling education standards in this thread innit

He wasn’t right for us under CC just like many other players weren’t but that was more to do with the manager and his tactics than anything else.

We have a fantastic squad albeit unfit and under a decent manager with a few tweaks they could take us a long way. 

Remember Carlos saying he told JR not to run so much up front. Said he needed to adjust his style.

Well the JR I have seen in previous clubs never stopped running up front and taking 2 defenders with him.

That's what we saw yesterday and he created so much space for the others it was great.

Also, if Wallace could actually cross a ball then Rhodes might have had another goal or 2.

• Agree 1

Would love to join in with the words of praise but the simple fact is that he isn’t good enough for this level. 

Too often the ball goes up to him and comes straight back. You can allow that sometimes but EVERY time and the statistics say that you’re going to concede. He offers so little in all round play that you can’t justify starting him, ever. 

Love him as a bloke but that’s the reality. The sooner he’s gone, the better. 

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Never thought he was anything less than honest with the Huddersfield one If he wasn’t confident, for whatever reason, then he made the right decision

Played OK today, but I’m still not convinced he’s right for us However, if he is to be played, Joao may turn out to be his best partner, we’ll see

Joao would be the best partner for him or Hooper.

Edited by Vernon1867

13 minutes ago, SamOwl89 said:

Would love to join in with the words of praise but the simple fact is that he isn’t good enough for this level. 

Too often the ball goes up to him and comes straight back. You can allow that sometimes but EVERY time and the statistics say that you’re going to concede. He offers so little in all round play that you can’t justify starting him, ever. 

Love him as a bloke but that’s the reality. The sooner he’s gone, the better. 

Illustrate one instance where he's lost the ball and it's cost us a goal.

FFS.