RHODES

3 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Am in wrong to say I already see a plan b especially with Hooper going off and we throw abdi on either its positivity feeling or we actually have another plan 

Why did Hoops go off ? 

not on highlights & wasn't able to get a ticket 

good win tho tho from what I have seen, Reach & Wildsmith looked fantastic on highlight reel

10 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

Why did Hoops go off ? 

not on highlights & wasn't able to get a ticket 

good win tho tho from what I have seen, Reach & Wildsmith looked fantastic on highlight reel

Looked like he overstretched and damaged his hamstring or groin hard to tell as I was continually batting off all the knuckle draggers in the Peter Taylor family(?) stand. 

Never thought he was anything less than honest with the Huddersfield one If he wasn’t confident, for whatever reason, then he made the right decision

Played OK today, but I’m still not convinced he’s right for us However, if he is to be played, Joao may turn out to be his best partner, we’ll see

Edited by gurujuan
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, itsonmyhead said:

I’m chuffed to bits for him to score. But that peno was crap, if the keeper goes the right way that ones bread and butter. But saying that he didn’t go the right way and we win 3-0, cmon lads keep it up 

I thought it was a very good pen. Sent the keeper the wrong way, kept it low and scored. What more can you ask for. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

He wasn’t right for us under CC just like many other players weren’t but that was more to do with the manager and his tactics than anything else.

We have a fantastic squad albeit unfit and under a decent manager with a few tweaks they could take us a long way. 

Remember Carlos saying he told JR not to run so much up front. Said he needed to adjust his style.

Well the JR I have seen in previous clubs never stopped running up front and taking 2 defenders with him.

That's what we saw yesterday and he created so much space for the others it was great.

Also, if Wallace could actually cross a ball then Rhodes might have had another goal or 2.

Would love to join in with the words of praise but the simple fact is that he isn’t good enough for this level. 

Too often the ball goes up to him and comes straight back. You can allow that sometimes but EVERY time and the statistics say that you’re going to concede. He offers so little in all round play that you can’t justify starting him, ever. 

Love him as a bloke but that’s the reality. The sooner he’s gone, the better. 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Never thought he was anything less than honest with the Huddersfield one If he wasn’t confident, for whatever reason, then he made the right decision

Played OK today, but I’m still not convinced he’s right for us However, if he is to be played, Joao may turn out to be his best partner, we’ll see

Joao would be the best partner for him or Hooper.

Edited by Vernon1867

13 minutes ago, SamOwl89 said:

Would love to join in with the words of praise but the simple fact is that he isn’t good enough for this level. 

Too often the ball goes up to him and comes straight back. You can allow that sometimes but EVERY time and the statistics say that you’re going to concede. He offers so little in all round play that you can’t justify starting him, ever. 

Illustrate one instance where he's lost the ball and it's cost us a goal.

FFS.

52 minutes ago, SamOwl89 said:

I tend to agree He isn't good enough to lead us to promotion, as part of the squad, he could still be useful

• Like 1

8 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Proper goalscorer at this level. As with many of our players, Rhodes will be like a new signing under better management. 

How can 2 people actually neg this? Oh, just realised one of them is that phantom negger Ash76, so let's call it one negger. :duntmatter: Look at this bloke's Championship record and realise he's arguably the most prolific Champ. striker ever. He's still only 27, an age many pundits believe is the start of a striker's best years. Comes here and gets massively mismanaged (seriously, what proper manager looking to encourage morale/confidence would tell the press about the penalty refusal in order to save his own skin??). I genuinely believe we will see the proper JR now. Time will tell.