Christmas message TO the Chairman

So, surely the fans have a right of reply?  What would your message to DC be?

Mine would be basically to say:

"There's literally only one thing I want from you.  Either:

1) Run the club in a competent manner.

OR

2) Hire someone competent who understands British football to run the club for you.

That is all.  Deep down I don't even particularly care what division we are in as long as we are a well-run club and can see some progress.  I already have my own family and it would be nice to be able to take them to a reasonably priced football match once in a while.  I would have hoped that you are already 'running the club like a businessman' given that you are purportedly a businessman who runs a football club.

That is all and Merry Christmas"

Dear swfc

We are a pretty simple bunch of fans who just want our team and manager to show a bit of passion and graft, whilst at the same time never pass the buck. If you underperform, like you are this year hold your hands up and say "sorry, must try harder"

Try your best and we'll be happy

Regards

Modboy

Ps stop signing players on x100 the average annual wage of locals to sit on the bench 

• Like 1

My message would be that it’s ok to admit mistakes and it makes you a better person if you come out and say so. It will gain you respect from those around you and make you a stronger person. So your intended aim of premier league football within 2 years is now not possible, and given the off the field challenges which the club has been experiencing regaling merchandising and so on, it won’t be seen as a failure to call in help from outside from someone who has more experience of the world of football, which I imagine you are finding is probably different to what you had expected.

The football “industry” however is not one where inaction is welcomed, and fans are ultimately what make the club. I appreciate some comments made towards the manager and yourself may have been somewhat aggressive but rightly or wrongly this shows in what regard this great club is held. It’s not too late but the clock is ticking. 

Up the Owls and Merry Christmas.

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bring back Milan. I miss his underwater interviews. 

It started so promisingly but I wonder how many supporters are secretly wishing Chansiri would sell to someone else now.

In this moment it doesn’t seem like we have the right man for the manager’s job or the owner of the football club.

Really hope i’m wrong but this is starting to have the smell of Venky’s about it. It will be interesting to see what happens if our current form continues towards the relegation zone 

Edited by Owls-Fan

My message to you is we haven't got short memories. Yes, we all agree that Carlos took us all by surprise in his first season and the plaudits go to him for that.

BUT

Since then it's SO clear to see that opposing teams have just sat deeper and tried to hit us on the break (exactly what we did in the first season under CC). The failure to adapt last season gave us decent results but horrid football and the writing was on the wall for many of us to see (unfortunately not you Mr Chansiri). This season the football has remained turgid but the results have not materialised which is not a great surprise when the team lacks leadership, pace and power.

There's no malice in this messsge or animosity to you or anyone at the club but you DO need to make a change in manager and not become as stubborn as he is.

Yours Respectfully,

MF

2 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Are you 12, drunk, high or just fûcking stupid?

So you're happy with the Allen-esque statement then? No blame for the people getting paid millions, but because a couple of blokes wrote Carlos Out on a banner, it's the fans fault we're in this position. 

It's a disgraceful statement. 

Threatening to take his cash away, well if he wants to act like that then he can go as far as I'm concerned. And please don't give me 'well who do we get as chairman then' - if even Barnsley are getting taken over, I'm sure someone else would buy us too. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mole said:

So you're happy with the Allen-esque statement then? No blame for the people getting paid millions, but because a couple of blokes wrote Carlos Out on a banner, it's the fans fault we're in this position. 

It's a disgraceful statement. 

Threatening to take his cash away, well if he wants to act like that then he can go as far as I'm concerned. And please don't give me 'well who do we get as chairman then' - if even Barnsley are getting taken over, I'm sure someone else would buy us too. 

Have you actually read the statement using your own eyes or just trust in Neil who started the whole “Allen like” bit? Mr Chansiri hasn’t threatened to sue the fans, he hasn’t even hinted at it, he’s actually done the opposite and offered the fans who are so unhappy that they have found time to throw vile and personal abuse around their money BACK. English isn’t even the Chairman’s first language, and clearly he was angry and upset when he wrote the statement, stop reading between the lines and forcing an issue that isn’t there or he really will eventually walk away. But then again this is what you really want isn’t it?

As for the bit about not blaming the millionaire players but blaming fans, he never said that either! Re-read it, he said the actual opposite, he said we are one big family and the players should take as much blame as the manager and coaching staff etc.

But yeah, let’s all tell the Chairman to “fûck off” eh?

Moron.

5 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Have you actually read the statement using your own eyes or just trust in Neil who started the whole “Allen like” bit? Mr Chansiri hasn’t threatened to sue the fans, he hasn’t even hinted at it, he’s actually done the opposite and offered the fans who are so unhappy that they have found time to throw vile and personal abuse around their money BACK. English isn’t even the Chairman’s first language, and clearly he was angry and upset when he wrote the statement, stop reading between the lines and forcing an issue that isn’t there or he really will eventually walk away. But then again this is what you really want isn’t it?

As for the bit about not blaming the millionaire players but blaming fans, he never said that either! Re-read it, he said the actual opposite, he said we are one big family and the players should take as much blame as the manager and coaching staff etc.

But yeah, let’s all tell the Chairman to “fûck off” eh?

Moron.

Excellent post.....

It’s actually ‘fans’ like Mole who at times make me bloody well embarrassed to be classed as a Wednesday fan.

In the past 30odd years we have been owned and led by an actual tyrant, have been to the edge of oblivion on a number of occasions, have gone to the brink of the utter depths of the Football League and had to witness the talents of Francis Jeffers.

You need to give yourself a shake.

40 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

So, surely the fans have a right of reply?  What would your message to DC be?

Mine would be basically to say:

"There's literally only one thing I want from you.  Either:

1) Run the club in a competent manner.

OR

2) Hire someone competent who understands British football to run the club for you.

That is all.  Deep down I don't even particularly care what division we are in as long as we are a well-run club and can see some progress.  I already have my own family and it would be nice to be able to take them to a reasonably priced football match once in a while.  I would have hoped that you are already 'running the club like a businessman' given that you are purportedly a businessman who runs a football club.

That is all and Merry Christmas"

When was the club "Well run".?

In my memory, 50+ years of watching the owls, I cannot remember a time when the club was "Well run", it has always been run on a short term basis with no long term planning and ALL the money we had spent/wasted on the 1st team.

Mr Chansiri has made mistakes, but who has never made a mistake, but he is attempting to make up for the last 5 decades of financial neglect and build the club's finances up from the bottom.

This will not happen over night.