MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

I agree with most of the statement and understand where he’s coming from.

Most of any bad feeling has been caused by sticking by a manager who got found out tactically and played such boring,appalling football and didn’t know what to do to change it. 

Whilst  saying all that you have to admire DC’s loyalty 

Bad feeling have mainly come from as you say dull performances and results combined IMO with eye watering prices for everything.

You are pissin in the wind asking fans to pay highest prices in league and expecting them to be happy with mid table dull football.

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

In my opinion this is Chansiri's way of telling us to, quite simply, do one.

Its clear his upbringing and cultural background is not suited for owning a football club. He can't fathom criticism on such a large scale and he's taking it personally and to heart. It's not necessarily his fault, I think this is the man he is. He's made sacrifices and pumped in loads of money into it and all he is seeing at the moment is criticism and negativity.

Its not the fans fault either. It's a culture clash. And Wednesday aren't the first club it's happened to. Look at Cardiff, Hull, Forest, Blackburn. All rich foreign owners invested filling fans with hope and optimism. When it doesn't quite go to plan, it gets toxic. We are going the same way.

We had our two chances. We blew it. Now we have a chairman who I think has had enough.

I posted it yesterday when pissed up. But it's true, we have very dark times ahead in my opinion.

What do you reckon these ‘very dark times’ will entail?

6 hours ago, Owlinmad said:

DC should have a word with Steve Gibson at Middlesboro for advice on owning a football club.

Yeah, they're really tearing up the Championship aren't they? And Gibson has had WAAAAYYYY longer than Chansiri has. 

:dry:

The reaction to this reminds me of when supporters lambast a player and then squeal like little pigs if the guy raises a fist in their direction after he gets a goal. See the hysteria yesterday regarding Ross Wallace (and yes, I know he's been crap this season).

It seems a lot of people seem to think being a fan entitles you to essentially behave however you like with no repercussions and that even the tiniest hint of any criticisms in return (often mostly made up to start with) is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable. You demand the chairman, manager and players show infinite toughness whilst exhibiting none yourselves. 

Chansiri's statement might be rambling and too long but I empathise with the general sentiment. The culture from which he comes probably has not helped him get used to the fickle, pious, hypocritical, spoilt, impatient and sometimes reprehensible behaviour of supporters.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

What do you reckon these ‘very dark times’ will entail?

A chairman wanting to sell.

Asset stripping.

No funds for players.

Crowds dwindling but prices still high.

We have been sold a dream like many of these foreign owners promised. It's not come to fruition.  We'll be setback a number of years as a result. We aren't the first club it's happened to.

That statement is worrying. It's poorly delivered, not proofread and many points don't make sense. It's pretty embarassing and unprofessional in my view. I have a bad feeling for our club.

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Yeah, they're really tearing up the Championship aren't they? And Gibson has had WAAAAYYYY longer than Chansiri has. 

The reaction to this reminds me of when supporters lambast a player and then squeal like little pigs if the guy raises a fist in their direction after he gets a goal. See the hysteria yesterday regarding Ross Wallace (and yes, I know he's been crap this season).

It seems a lot of people seem to think being a fan entitles you to essentially behave however you like with no repercussions and that even the tiniest hint of any criticisms in return (often mostly made up to start with) is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable. You demand the chairman, manager and players show infinite toughness whilst exhibiting none yourselves. 

Chansiri's statement might be rambling and too long but I empathise with the general sentiment. The culture from which he comes probably has not helped him get used to the fickle, pious, hypocritical, spoilt, impatient and sometimes reprehensible behaviour of supporters.  

Without fans there would be no football club.

We are the one constant. 

Footballers and managers wouldn't get to do what they do for a living without us. They wouldn't get paid the ridiculous amounts without us. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Asset stripping.

No funds for players.

We have been sold a dream like many of these foreign owners promised. It's not come to fruition.  We'll be setback a number of years as a result. We aren't the first club it's happened to.

That statement is worrying. It's poorly delivered, not proofread and many points don't make sense. It's pretty embarassing and unprofessional in my view. I have a bad feeling for our club.

Strong feelings - be sure to keep us updated.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Asset stripping.

No funds for players.

That's rather a gigantic set of assumptions at this stage. Or are you one of those who is addicted to the gnashing and wailing of following a football club and indulges in wild fantasy to fulfill your needs? There's certainly plenty of them on this site.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Do you add anything to this site other than sarcastic little digs and comments? 

I just want future updates on your strong feelings. You know, the asset stripping and that. Don’t see what’s wrong with that.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But if today some of our fans do not believe or do not trust me anymore, they should let me know, because there is no point in me being here away from my family

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I have to ask, is my worth just to invest money for our fans? Is it for the fans’ benefit and advantage only? I have never thought like this before but now maybe I start to think the same, like business.

He does seem a tad miffed and a little erratic.

Fear he could pull the plug any time!

The respect thing is a big deal for him, and most Thais!

'Boro got to thje Prem under Gibson..Without having to pay exhorbitant prices on the gate....

I have no problem either with players giving it the big un with fans who slate them either...its part and parcel of football...

"The culture from which he came from?"..

I bet you if you had 27'000 Thais in a stadium watching dire football and paying through the nose for it you would get pretty much the same reaction as you are getting here...with all the unnecessary abuse that comes with it.

Its not culture...Its human nature DJ

TBH , If we respected each others culture to the nth degree , we would have prices a working class Sheffield bloke could well afford and a f.ookin' kit he wanted his team to play in...Wouldn't we?

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I just want future updates on your strong feelings. You know, the asset stripping and that. Don’t see what’s wrong with that.

Will do mate. Just giving my opinion. If you'd like to tell me why you disagree with me, that would be nice. Better than trying to belittle every poster who doesn't agree with your viewpoint.

That's rather a gigantic set of assumptions at this stage. Or are you one of those who is addicted to the gnashing and wailing of following a football club and indulges in wild fantasy to fulfill your needs? There's certainly plenty of them on this site.

Its not a wild fantasy.

Its very much been a reality for a number of football clubs.

2 minutes ago, Davidioso said:

The respect thing is a big deal for him, and most Thais!

Maybe he could pay the fans a bit of respect too such as respecting the club's traditions instead of changing everything because he thinks it's unlucky. He will be wanting to change the name from Owls to Eagles next.

3 minutes ago, Davidioso said:

He's taking this way too personally.

Loved being front and centre when things are going bang on.  Now wants to lash out against the fans because we dared speak out against house favourite CC.

Time for a thicker skin.  Or get a real administrative hierarchy.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Will do mate. Just giving my opinion. If you'd like to tell me why you disagree with me, that would be nice. Better than trying to belittle every poster who doesn't agree with your viewpoint.

How can I disagree with your feelings? You’re the one going on about the dark times ahead. Thought I’d ask but sounds like you’d rather people just ignore your posts.