MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There is is no abuse on here 

The mod team delete it soon as it’s reported or they see it

there is plenty of criticism and complaint but no real abuse 

let’s keep it in perspective 

Depends on how you define criticism if it's ill-informed then it could quite easily be taken as abuse.

You also employ a very good swear filter which waters down the abuse.

But reading a few threads plenty of name calling between posters and I have seen today CC and DC referred to as clowns, idiots, and berks, which are mild abusive terms I agree but still abuse.

Overall the standard of good behaviour on this site is quite high and you should take credit for it, but standards have slipped over recent months in my opinion, whilst the results have gone downhill.

I have to be honest and say that I can be quite caustic at times.  

Now the chairman has blamed abuse from fans for his change of thinking its being repeated by people on here as though the internet is rampant with rabid abuse throwing fans

it isnt

there is the odd idiot every now and again and a LOT of angry criticism 

But it’s hardly a hotbed of unacceptable abuse that it’s being made out to be

Chairmen don’t fire their managers because of a few people unnacceptably calling them names 

get real and don’t believe the hype 

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri.jpeg

First of all, I would like to say thank you to everyone who sent in their questions in our recent feature. As your chairman, I want to be as open and transparent as possible.

If anyone believes their question has not been answered, please contact our media department via website@swfc.co.uk

I understand my answers may not have satisfied everyone and I have seen that some fans may not believe my answers.

I would say I just tell the truth, not lies, and no one is better placed to provide honest answers to honest questions than myself as the head of the Sheffield Wednesday family.

I believe if someone thinks they already know the answers, or do not believe me, then we do not need to waste each other’s time.

I wish to provide honest answers to honest questions and I know that some things I say may make some fans unhappy. I must stress that I do not intend these things to be relevant to all our fans, just those who say things that are untruthful or try to damage our club.

Some questions brought third parties into the equation and I am not comfortable discussing such situations but I promised to provide answers as honestly as I could and this I believe I did, without risking legal issues.

If some fans are dissatisfied then I would suggest they ask any third party concerned first hand and invite them here to the stadium to talk face to face in an open forum which fans can witness. That way everyone can see the truth.

I believe honesty to be the best policy, this is so much better than saying things behind anyone’s back. Our fans, our former employees, former players or anyone can have their say, no problem, and I can have my say too, which is fair on both sides.

If I am wrong about something I will say sorry and if I am not, just say sorry back to me. This is what families do.

Feedback, opinion and constructive criticism is fine and healthy in any business. But when someone crosses the line and becomes abusive, this is something I cannot accept.

Families should be able to talk to each other and be honest on both sides, whether that is praise or criticism. But it should be done with respect, which is also two-way.

I receive letters and emails passed on to me by my assistants – sometimes they are pleasant and sometimes they are not.

I know many fans, Season Ticket holders, for example, feel uncomfortable right now and some have even asked for a refund on their Season Tickets.

I know this may be unusual but out of respect and the fact that I do not wish for anyone to be uncomfortable in our family, I will do so.

I do not want to see anyone come here and be upset, I want everyone to be happy, so I would say do not come to Hillsborough if you are unhappy.

Fans buy Season Tickets to support their club and to get the best price and before I came here, did anyone ask for a refund?

I understand the expectations are higher right now but I truly believe that any fan should not come and watch us it makes them unhappy.

If someone wishes to come on a match by match basis and not have a Season Ticket that is fine. So I can refund anyone with conditions, no problem, if that is what anyone wants.

Let me be clear – we all want the same thing. When I arrived at Sheffield Wednesday, I said I would like our 150th year to coincide with a return to the Premier League.

I said I would try my very best, we would all try our very best to make this happen. I did not say that I guaranteed we would be in the Premier League by then.

I can never guarantee anything or look too long to the future – I said I will try my best to fulfil the fans’ dream. I have tried to make the dream come true while fixing the problems of the past and building foundations for the future. I never said I am rich, I never said I was a good man or anything but one thing is certain, I am a human being like everybody else.

In the short time I have been here, not for even for one second have I thought anything bad to our club. I have been part of the Sheffield Wednesday family for less than three years and my own family are now 100% Wednesday.

I remember some fans say owners come and go, this is not my club, it is your club, but fans are the real owners and have the real loyalty. But I can say I never damage our club, so what are some people doing now?

When we have serious issues we can talk like a family and as human beings and work out the best way forward. It is easy to work like pure business but I work like a human being and a chairman.

I have to be honest and say since I have been here I have found it difficult at times. When someone does something good in football, this makes everyone satisfied, they are the best, but when they do something wrong some people - and I must stress it is only some - scold with no respect at all.

To these people, I say, have you never done something wrong? If anyone has never done anything wrong, they have never done anything at all.

As I say, I have no problem with criticism, opinion or suggestion but this should be constructive and not damaging. If your family or your boss said you are bad all the time, do you start to believe you are bad all the time?

Families are supposed to stay together, in good times and bad. I have to ask, is my worth just to invest money for our fans? Is it for the fans’ benefit and advantage only? I have never thought like this before but now maybe I start to think the same, like business.

I try my best and I can say that with my hand on my heart. When I first came here, I did not know too much about football which I accept 100%.

It is now almost three years and I have learned something about football every single day. It is easy to talk and take no responsibility.

If I could do the same, it is easier for me to manage our club. I do not have more money than anyone here in the past but it depends on who wants to spend and take responsibility.

Carlos.jpg

I do not feel good when I see some fans talk very bad about Carlos.

In his first season, he was treated with full respect and many people were scared I would sack him, or scared he would leave, they asked me to please let him stay, please keep him, he is the best we have ever had.

But today some people want to drive him out of our club, they cross the line with some abusive things they say.

Now he is a very bad coach all of a sudden – maybe some people have short memories. Anyone who says these things must also blame the squad, of course, blame everyone, but do it in a constructive, respectful way.

It is the same for all my staff who I will always defend as the leader of our club. It does not matter who it is, if anyone says anything bad or tries to damage it is my duty to protect.

The coach is the leader of the football and he must take responsibility, same as I have responsibility as leader of the club. But what is the responsibility of all of our fans?

I am happy to take responsibility for everything as leader but I ask everyone who abuses or speaks with no respect, please do not damage the team or the club, which I cannot accept at all, because this job is long term and far from finished.

I know when I talk like this some of our fans will not be happy. Many people have told me ‘do not say bad to the fans’.

They want me to be like other clubs or former owners for many years who just says good things or whatever fans want to hear, which would be very easy. If we say we are family then we must go together, good or bad, this is why it is called family.

If anyone has anything to say, just say the truth, do not try and damage people without the truth. I have never done this before because I would never like anyone to do this to me.

For example, if I said every day that someone has a second wife or second husband and I keep saying it, would that person like it? Would their family like it?

There are many things that some people say have happened behind the scenes that are just not true and I do not think this is fair. If one of my employees thinks I am not good, for example, then they come and talk to me and we try our best to resolve the situation one way or the other.

I do not expect anyone to say something behind me that they should say to me and that applies to everyone connected to our club.

If some people say many of our staff have left, I say that some managers have wanted them to leave but I said no, I give them a chance. I do not want to fire anyone, because they have been here a long time, which I respect.

I want all our staff to be proud of themselves and proud of our club. In the football department, some have left because better opportunities have arisen somewhere else and I do not want to hold anyone if they can go better in their career.

A lot of things have happened behind the scenes which I have tried to fix for the future. If someone said it is difficult to work with me then this is true if you do not want to work hard like a normal business.

If someone wants to work like before, easy and relaxed and not wanting to work hard, then it is impossible in my time. I manage very fairly and think on both sides – but employee first when most people think about the employer.

One of the first things I did when I came here is increase salaries when there were no raises for a few years. In return I expect the right work balance. My family have always taught me to have responsibility and respect.

I expect the same things from everyone I work with in business or within our club. I am now three seasons into this project which I always believed was long term.

But if today some of our fans do not believe or do not trust me anymore, they should let me know, because there is no point in me being here away from my family even though Sheffield Wednesday is in my blood and Hillsborough is like my second home.

Every decision I make I do as your chairman and what I believe to be the right decision for Sheffield Wednesday - nothing more and nothing less and everything for our lovely club.

I wish you all a very happy Christmas and thank you so much for your support.

I agree with most of the statement and understand where he’s coming from.

Most of any bad feeling has been caused by sticking by a manager who got found out tactically and played such boring,appalling football and didn’t know what to do to change it. 

Whilst  saying all that you have to admire DC’s loyalty 

5 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Yes too true, an emotional over the top response after throwing teddy out of the pram it's a little like the chairman's statement to be fair. If you read my posts, you won't find any such behaviour from me, it's not my way and not how I was brought up. Ill try to give constructive criticism abuse just inflames situations and makes a logical and thought out conclusion more difficult. 

Simpley labelling people neanderthals that are so blinded by their passion helps neither. Yes some on here do go over the top and say things they probably wouldn't in the real world because in their anger at what can easily be seen, but dosent seem to being rectified enrages them so much they can't see clearly. 

Aye, maybe misguided of me to call folk Neanderthal.  Just winds me up summat chronic 

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Now the chairman has blamed abuse from fans for his change of thinking its being repeated by people on here as though the internet is rampant with rabid abuse throwing fans

it isnt

there is the odd idiot every now and again and a LOT of angry criticism 

But it’s hardly a hotbed of unacceptable abuse that it’s being made out to be

Chairmen don’t fire their managers because of a few people unnacceptably calling them names 

get real and don’t believe the hype 

Yeh its being overblown.

And anyway, with all the time he devoted in pressers to turning fans against each other, carlos is far from blameless. 

Not a great legacy

Edited by Bodhidharma

4 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Yeh its being overblown.

And anyway, with all the time he devoted in pressers to turning fans against each other, carlos is far from blameless. 

Not a great legacy

What did he do to turn fans against each other? Don’t watch press conferences.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

What did he do to turn fans against each other? Don’t watch press conferences.

He spent lots of time taking about fans reactions and fans who are unappreciative. 

He did alot of fan blaming. 

That had repercussions in the stands and on here in my opinion. 

Just now, Bodhidharma said:

He spent lots of time taking about fans reactions and fans who are unappreciative. 

He did alot of fan blaming. 

That had repercussions in the stands and on here in my opinion. 

I though he said that he wanted more support. People really do have a very loose opinion of fan blaming.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I though he said that he wanted more support. People really do have a very loose opinion of fan blaming.

Focusing on fans being the problem is the same as fan blaming. 

He may have tried to dress it up but that was his focus-away from himself . And not just once but a number times over the last two seasons. 

18 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Aye, maybe misguided of me to call folk Neanderthal.  Just winds me up summat chronic 

Not a problem bud. Im very level and it takes a lot to wind me up and phase me and trust me working on site can be incredibly good at making you tear your hair out or cave some idiots skull in, yet even I have struggled to keep my cool a lid on things and even had a rant this season.  The old Facebook post that was doing the rounds years ago. 

H. S. E OFFICER, I don't know anything about how to actually do your job, but my book says your doing it wrong lol

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

Focusing on fans being the problem is the same as fan blaming. 

He may have tried to dress it up but that was his focus-away from himself . And not just once but a number times over the last two seasons. 

I’ll have to take your word for that.

In the wrong job if you can't take criticism along with the plaudits - whether that is the manager or the Chairman.

Carlos was fired because our league position is awful, nothing else. 

There wasn't massive abuse at the games, if anything we have been quite tolerant - maybe due to lethargy setting in?

If the manager needs sacking because of performance, then sack him - but don't blame the fans for your actions - that is just wrong.

In my opinion this is Chansiri's way of telling us to, quite simply, do one.

Its clear his upbringing and cultural background is not suited for owning a football club. He can't fathom criticism on such a large scale and he's taking it personally and to heart. It's not necessarily his fault, I think this is the man he is. He's made sacrifices and pumped in loads of money into it and all he is seeing at the moment is criticism and negativity.

Its not the fans fault either. It's a culture clash. And Wednesday aren't the first club it's happened to. Look at Cardiff, Hull, Forest, Blackburn. All rich foreign owners invested filling fans with hope and optimism. When it doesn't quite go to plan, it gets toxic. We are going the same way.

We had our two chances. We blew it. Now we have a chairman who I think has had enough.

I posted it yesterday when pissed up. But it's true, we have very dark times ahead in my opinion.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Honestly?...A lot of the statement is not strictly true is it?

Fans buy Season Tickets to support their club and to get the best price and before I came here, did anyone ask for a refund?

Answer...Yep...I stood under The South singin' "We want our money back under Allen"

The coach is the leader of the football and he must take responsibility, same as I have responsibility as leader of the club. But what is the responsibility of all of our fans?

Answer...The fans are not responsible for the way the team plays...The fans only remit is turn up, and Owls fans have gone way beyond the remit by doing it in numbers, paying the highest prices in the league for 3 years now..The fans have no responsibility bar behaving in a decent manner...I admit abuse is out of the question...The chanting of Carlos out is not abuse...its like asking for a kit with stripes on..Its the fans telling you what they want en masse..Thats how football fans operate

They want me to be like other clubs or former owners for many years who just says good things or whatever fans want to hear, which would be very easy. If we say we are family then we must go together, good or bad, this is why it is called family.

This is a f.ookin' peach...

Answer

If some people say many of our staff have left, I say that some managers have wanted them to leave but I said no, I give them a chance. I do not want to fire anyone, because they have been here a long time, which I respect.

Stuart Gray??

Its not all black and white is it?

There...Thats constructive criticism..isn't it?..No abuse, just putting a few facts in.

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2