MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

8 minutes ago, East coast owl said:

At first glance that statement does seem odd. But now Carlos has resigned maybe not. Maybe dc knew Carlos had resigned while he wrote it. Last chance saloon now. The fans have got what they wanted. Now we need to get behind the new manager and the chairman. If the abuse doesn’t stop he will walk.

The fans always do - it a two way deal. The club offers honesty and their best on the field and the fans respond accordingly, even if it means we lose. Repeating the same dull and failing product isn't part of that deal.

Cc has clearly let dc down given the budget, didnt understand the blind loyalty.

When done constructively without abuse, pointing that obvious fact out was probably doing dc a favour.

There are other managers who have achieved more with much lower budgets, wagner being a prime example.

Hope dc doesnt give in and the new manager injects some pace, energy and some younger players into the mix.

If he walks anything could happen including winding up orders again.

He needs a director of football like big ron atkinson to help with the football knowledge, so he doesnt get too close to managers which may impair judgement.

Would go for pulis or monk

Edited by Ash77

The whole problem here isn’t that the fans wanted Carlos gone , wanted a fresh approach , stripes on a god damn kit , none of that is the issue 

the issue here and why the chairman is banging statements like this out is there’s a percentage of the fan base here who spit there dummies out and find it TOTALLY acceptable to spout pure abuse in the direction of anyone associated with the club , the chairman freely admitted his football knowledge was limited when he arrived before spending MILLIONS of pounds trying to sort out a club that was in turmoil .... he’s admitted to making mistakes but at the first sign of hard times this season a percentage of the fan base have done nowt but hail pure abuse down on the club, Chansiri is a man who doesn’t understand people’s trains of thought for doing this and I said months ago I could see it ending in disaster and I think the cracks are starting to show 

He’ll take even MORE abuse now because whoever he appoints won’t be good enough for everybody 

19 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So much over sensitivity in this.

DC is just calling the bluff of people saying they wanted a refund.

He knows that football fans are full of hot air. It’s an emotional game and they react to everything in an over dramatic way.

He’s fired the manager, offered a season ticket refund.

How many times have you read and heard fans demanding a refund. Well guess what, now we have a chairman who offers it...let’s see who takes it up.

ill answer....no one

Because the people demanding it are all wind and no wee wee

and the reason people are so angrymad about this statement is because - whether they are willing to admit it or not - DC has called their bluff and they don’t like it one bit

I’m not angry. I think it’s a bizarre stream of consciousness ramble - one of the strangest press releases I’ve ever seen.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

The fans always do - it a two way deal. The club offers honesty and their best on the field and the fans respond accordingly, even if it means we lose. Repeating the same dull and failing product isn't part of that deal.

Agree totally. I wasn’t happy paying to watch that. Dc has done the right thing, Just hope it pays off. Otherwise the new manager and chairman will be getting abuse again. Like I said last chance saloon. This can go either way. I want it to work. 

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The whole problem here isn’t that the fans wanted Carlos gone , wanted a fresh approach , stripes on a god damn kit , none of that is the issue 

the issue here and why the chairman is banging statements like this out is there’s a percentage of the fan base here who spit there dummies out and find it TOTALLY acceptable to spout pure abuse in the direction of anyone associated with the club , the chairman freely admitted his football knowledge was limited when he arrived before spending MILLIONS of pounds trying to sort out a club that was in turmoil .... he’s admitted to making mistakes but at the first sign of hard times this season a percentage of the fan base have done nowt but hail pure abuse down on the club, Chansiri is a man who doesn’t understand people’s trains of thought for doing this and I said months ago I could see it ending in disaster and I think the cracks are starting to show 

He’ll take even MORE abuse now because whoever he appoints won’t be good enough for everybody 

Post of the day pal

That statement comes across incredibly badly and just goes to show that our chairman has very little understanding of the game and what is expected.

Or perhaps more worryingly that DC is still being very badly advised by surrounding himself with people who are failing at their jobs.

DCs first point of call should be to dispense with the services of Doyen and his comittee of faceless parasites and get a hands on chief executive who knows the game and it's workings  inside out. A clear out is required of CCs back room staff and medical team and a new approach required. Fitness levels need to be increased and injuries and  the practise of rushing back of injured players stopped.

Maybe utilise the wealth of experience and contacts in the game of people like Howard Wilkinson, Ron Atkinson, Chris Waddle ect to bridge a connection between club and fans which is at a seriously low ebb.

However any personal abuse of DC his family or Carlos isn't necessary or wanted and is i believe the focus if this ill advised statement. 

Welcome to the real world of football DC. It would be the same at any club up and down the country, fans generally show their displeasure if things are not going their way. Believe it or not it used to be the same at Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea where previous chairman and managers were openly criticised before things changed, its football. 

DC also has to realise that on the whole unlike managers the fans are here for life. Yes we are a family and families argue some of the time because we all want the same goal. Of course there are right and wrong ways to put your point of view across and many recently have stepped over the line. Chairman you have to take on board what the fans on the whole want because it is their club not just yours. Without us you don't have a club. I am now thinking Carlos has walked and you don't agree with it so are having a go back at the fans. If you think yesterday was toxic it would have got a lot worse if allowed to continue. 

If DC has learned anything from this he has to steer this club forward by appointing someone who the fans will take to because of the way they play the game and motivate, coach the players. I would suggest he look at the personalities and what successfull managers Jack Charlton, Ron Atkinson and Howard Wilkinson gave us. Take advice from Howard Wilkinson on this.

Edited by Mountain Owl

Next few weeks are going to be very telling. 

A bizarre few hours. A bit of a car crash statement from the chairman is then followed up by the head coach getting his P.45. 

Well...at least it's never dull being a Wednesday fan. 

I think he's a bloke who's doing his best, pouring loads of money into the club, failing by a gnat's whisker to get us into the Prem and STILL getting dog's abuse from some people. Yes, we've made mistakes but it's not his fault Carlos has filled the squad with slow ageing often-injured has-beens. For the money he's put in he should be expecting a better return. A good chairman should trust the manager to make decisions on the football and just do his best to make that happen. He's done all of that and more.

If he should be criticised it should be for the mess in the commercial aspects of the club - again he's presumably hired people who have let him down.

If we're struggling right now, even with his backing, goodness knows what we'd be like without it. Critics should be careful what they wish for. I just hope he has the commitment to stick in this for the long term because TBH we need to start again. I just hope the abuse doesn't drive him away.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Next few weeks are going to be very telling. 

A bizarre few hours. A bit of a car crash statement from the chairman is then followed up by the head coach getting his P.45. 

Well...at least it's never dull being a Wednesday fan. 

I would imagine that that statement was written before yesterday’s game

The calls for Carlos out combined with yet another collapse on the pitch will have surely made up DCs mind

It’s a shame but the correct decision 

23 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Cc has clearly let dc down given the budget, didnt understand the blind loyalty.

When done constructively without abuse, pointing that obvious fact out was probably doing dc a favour.

There are other managers who have achieved more with much lower budgets, wagner being a prime example.

Hope dc doesnt give in and the new manager injects some pace, energy and some younger players into the mix.

If he walks anything could happen including winding up orders again.

He needs a director of football like big ron atkinson to help with the football knowledge, so he doesnt get too close to managers which may impair judgement.

Would go for pulis or monk

If he walks he walks, he will sell the club to someone else who might do a better job! Weve got no debt so were not going to go bust, im sure DC will have no problems selling if he wants to. Lets not sh it ourselves about DC going, hes had a nightmare this season as well as the coaching staff and players!

2 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

If he walks he walks, he will sell the club to someone else who might do a better job! Weve got no debt so were not going to go bust, im sure DC will have no problems selling if he wants to. Lets not sh it ourselves about DC going, hes had a nightmare this season as well as the coaching staff and players!

No debt? Pretty sure Chansiri would want his cash back.

29 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The club were not in turmoil at all when Chansiri took over. Milan Manderic left Wenesday on a very stable (if a bit underfunded) footing.

8 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I would imagine that that statement was written before yesterday’s game

The calls for Carlos out combined with yet another collapse on the pitch will have surely made up DCs mind

It’s a shame but the correct decision 

Hope you're right. 

It's the right call though. Just before Jan so the new man can fetch in a few players and there's half a season to at least salvage something. 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

The club were not in turmoil at all when Chansiri took over. Milan Manderic left Wenesday on a very stable (if a bit underfunded) footing.

Wouldn't say we were in turmoil...but I suspect if Milan hadn't found a buyer we may have found ourselves in League One before too long. 

We were trying to compete in a very tough division on a shoestring budget and it was quite clear that Milan wanted out. 

Smacks a bit of more muddled thinking.

First the vote of confidence

Then the sack within an hour or two.

Clearly Mr Chansiri needs more help running this club.

Please appoint a strong management team with in depth knowledge of the British game.

Give em a budget and give em control to recruit within the budget.

You can't do it all, you also have other business interests.