MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

Why would anyone want to own a football club? I pretty much agree with all of DCs statement. Sure our season has turned sour and no doubt part of that is down to CC losing his impact on the team. Obviously having key players out long term injured has got to make an impact, but the level of vitriol from some fans shows a complete lack of respect and gratitude for DC and the previous two seasons. We were a basket case of a club a few years ago; why do some fans have such short memories?

With respect to the timing of CCs departure it’s easy to say in hindsight he should have gone sooner, but I’d still rather have an owner with patience. I dare say there were plenty of Bristol City fans asking for Lee Johnson’s head last season, but I bet they are all glad their owner held his nerve now.

On the whole I reckon Wednesday fans are a pretty tolerant bunch, but as with most things in life the noisy minority can spoil it for everyone.  I expect DC has lost quite a lot of heart for this project and if he decided to bail would it be a surprise?

Edited by East Yorks Owl
  • Like 3

Clear pragmatic thinking is needed here - it is what it is - nobodys fault..it’s a results based buisness and CC wasn’t getting them.

We have stagnated badly this season. 

The club needs to move on quickly and get someone in with a proven track record of success at this level. 

Next appt is going to be key as DC wil clearly stick by them.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

No debt? Pretty sure Chansiri would want his cash back.

No doubt.....Thats probably why he offers season ticket holders their money back,,,Fairs fair eh?

Carlos?...Like I said weeks ago , once the fans turn, theres little need for Boycotts, the fans turned yesterday.

The Sheffield Wednesday family?, that looks after employees and gives them a chance?

Stuart Gray?

The fans who can't afford the prices?

I'm afraid threats to run it like a business and not a "family" will fall on a lot of deaf ears, 

threats to leave? It would be a messy divorce, but lets face it when it comes to "Messy divorces" Sheffield Wednesday fans are the f.ookin' Elizabeth Taylors of the football world aren't we?

So here we go again...in the same position we were when Carlos and Delphjon arrived...paying higher prices and getting told off into the bargain

Happy Chr...errr...Anniversary

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

If he walks he walks, he will sell the club to someone else who might do a better job! Weve got no debt so were not going to go bust, im sure DC will have no problems selling if he wants to. Lets not sh it ourselves about DC going, hes had a nightmare this season as well as the coaching staff and players!

Anything could happen including positives or negatives, think dc absorbs the 10m or so a season losses, so that could stop until he got rid which would mean no signings or investment.

Or could try again with a new manager, the next appointment may be quite telling, will it be a manager on the cheap to tread water or a big name to turn it around?

5 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Smacks a bit of more muddled thinking.

First the vote of confidence

Then the sack within an hour or two.

Clearly Mr Chansiri needs more help running this club.

Please appoint a strong management team with in depth knowledge of the British game.

Give em a budget and give em control to recruit within the budget.

You can't do it all, you also have other business interests.

Apart from the fact that he's not been sacked and the statement quite clearly was saying that abuse towards the club, players and staff is unacceptable...you nearly got something right...muddled thinking perhaps

• Haha 2

Thank you Mr Chansiri for buying the club and investing in it, at a time when the club was making little progress.  It is interesting to note that 3 years ago we were struggling with relegation but you brought in a Manager who gave the supporters ambition and hope.  You also treated the Manager with respect by supporting him when some of the fan base turned against him and by not sacking him.  In a City where redundancies in so many industries have devastated families, you chose to allow the Manager the opportunity to make some decision about his future. Respect to you Sir and I hope that the behaviour of some of the fan base has not soured your desire to make SWFC a successful club again.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The whole problem here isn’t that the fans wanted Carlos gone , wanted a fresh approach , stripes on a god damn kit , none of that is the issue 

the issue here and why the chairman is banging statements like this out is there’s a percentage of the fan base here who spit there dummies out and find it TOTALLY acceptable to spout pure abuse in the direction of anyone associated with the club , the chairman freely admitted his football knowledge was limited when he arrived before spending MILLIONS of pounds trying to sort out a club that was in turmoil .... he’s admitted to making mistakes but at the first sign of hard times this season a percentage of the fan base have done nowt but hail pure abuse down on the club, Chansiri is a man who doesn’t understand people’s trains of thought for doing this and I said months ago I could see it ending in disaster and I think the cracks are starting to show 

He’ll take even MORE abuse now because whoever he appoints won’t be good enough for everybody 

I have a lot of respect for DC. However he clearly doesn't realise that apparently it is acceptable to spout some of the most hateful dirge toward everyone associated with the club when you're not happy with the ways things are going on the pitch.

People need to get a grip and think about how they would feel if they or their family were trying their best in a hostile environment such as the one we find ourselves in. I have never had to sack anyone and hopefully I never will;it must be awful.

• Thanks 1

Stay away from Twitter and here and you'll not see any abuse. That's my message to DC.

If you go looking on the internet then you'll find it.

It's what happens at games what matters.

Carlos wasn't able to do the job for whatever reason so ofc people were unhappy and wanted change.

Edited by Eightace

1 minute ago, Eightace said:

Stay away from Twitter and here and you'll not see any abuse. 

There is is no abuse on here 

The mod team delete it soon as it’s reported or they see it

there is plenty of criticism and complaint but no real abuse 

let’s keep it in perspective 

Owlstalk Shop

My question to him would be around  what exactly he believes the fans responsibility is?

We pay through the f-in roof to watch some of the worst football I've ever seen from a Wednesday side.

As a fan, what responsibility do we have other than the care of children we bring with us.

Sorry DC that was paragraph after of paragraph of utter woffle. Clearly has absolutely no idea what English football is like.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There is is no abuse on here 

The mod team delete it soon as it’s reported or they see it

there is plenty of criticism and complaint but no real abuse 

let’s keep it in perspective 

Yeah I have said before I don't see much abuse on here.

But maybe criticism has been taken as abuse by some.

I think I once saw someone call him a clown though lol

Edited by Eightace

9 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

complete lack of respect and gratitude for DC

He bought a lottery ticket, the numbers ain't been pulled out yet that's all. Gratitude is not a word I would use for a multi-millionaire gambler.

Respect would have been earned if ticket prices were reasonable not to mention tampering with the stripes etc etc

Personnel vile abuse has not been massive, just a few, but that will always happen no matter what.

2 hours ago, Will69 said:

I’ll tell you what I think, not that anyone really will care.

I think the statement is rambling and incoherent because English is not his first language. I think this has resulted in misunderstandings and reading between the lines such as Neil worrying thr Chariman will sue him (and us) for speaking out on here. I genuinely don’t think that’s the case, he’s offering to give fans money back if they really want it, not sue them to take money from them. A little bit of common sense and a calming herbal tea is needed Neil. Stay off the ginger beer.

The timing of it and nature of it as a statement actually says to me that the bloke is hurting. He is hurting that his ambition to get the club to the Premier League is not coming to fruition (yet) and is hurting at some of the abuse he, his family and staff (friends) have taken, and we all know that there has been some utterly vile abuse posted that goes above and beyond “Carlos out”.

I also think it shows that Mr Chansiri recognises that we, the fans, are hurting too. I genuinely don’t think he is meaning to “sack the fans” or anything similar. Again , I think that people need to get some perspective.

That being said, I think deep down there is a small and very stupid miniority on here who either just live for the drama or want Mr Chansiri to walk away and that is being bourne out.

Happy Christmas and New Year Mr Chansiri and family. If you do indeed read the forum I hope you read this post and recognise that not all fans are knuckle dragging types. Oh, and please pass on my best wishes to Carlos for the festive period and send him home to his family, with his P45.

Ta.

Exactly how I felt reading it as well.

34 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Why would anyone want to own a football club? I pretty much agree with all of DCs statement. Sure our season has turned sour and no doubt part of that is down to CC losing his impact on the team. Obviously having key players out long term injured has got to make an impact, but the level of vitriol from some fans shows a complete lack of respect and gratitude for DC and the previous two seasons. We were a basket case of a club a few years ago; why do some fans have such short memories?

With respect to the timing of CCs departure it’s easy to say in hindsight he should have gone sooner, but I’d still rather have an owner with patience. I dare say there were plenty of Bristol City fans asking for Lee Johnson’s head last season, but I bet they are all glad their owner held his nerve now.

On the whole I reckon Wednesday fans are a pretty tolerant bunch, but as with most things in life the noisy minority can spoil it for everyone.  I expect DC has lost quite a lot of heart for this project and if he decided to bail would it be a surprise?

I 100% agree with all you have said , I quite frankly have been shocked by the abuse I have read some need to stop and think , for me a bit more gratitude is in order 

54 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I would imagine that that statement was written before yesterday’s game

I completely disagree, it's been very hastily copy edited and the English used is very poor and clearly English as a second language standard in a number of places, compare it to all of the ask the chairman posts.

5 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

Expressing the opinion that he's an incompetent chairman who has no idea how to run a football club is not abuse.  Is it?

no it isn't - disrespect maybe but not abuse. How he would have dealt with the whole of the kop chanting for him to resign, as it did in 1988 for McGee for not backing Wilko - god only knows.