MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

Chansiri needs to sort himself out as well in my opinion. When he took over, the club wasn't without its issues but it was stable with a sound working infrastructure in place - this was evidenced in that first season when extra cash, a couple of key signings, tweaks to the setup etc resulted in a playoff final trip and the best football I've seen at Hillsborough since the early 90s. Now this has all but gone; for whatever reason the infrastructure that supports the team has deteriorated over the last year and a half and that can only be down to poor management decisions across the board. These things do happen in business, bad management decisions are not evidenced straight away as it often takes months and months for what is there to fall apart. I believe we're seeing this now at Hillsborough; the last vestiges of Mandaric's time here have gone and we have what we have. Will be interesting to see what happens for the rest of this season and beyond.

Edited by Owl Be Back

Guest Kagoshimaowl

It's weird.  I wanted him to go but there is a huge feeling of sadness knowing he has gone.  Good luck Carlos, on the whole I'll remember you fondly!!

1 minute ago, Tyto Alba said:

Does anybody think the club is being well run at the moment?

who knows - the evidence hasn't pointed that way this year; an important year for the club as well.

I'm happy to give him time, but i think he's underestimated the size of the job, and his personal investment in resources and decision making. The first season may have lured him into a sense of false sense of security. He now needs to get a grip and show the fans a plan - let's get back on track as a club.

3 hours ago, Will69 said:

I’ll tell you what I think, not that anyone really will care.

I think the statement is rambling and incoherent because English is not his first language. I think this has resulted in misunderstandings and reading between the lines such as Neil worrying thr Chariman will sue him (and us) for speaking out on here. I genuinely don’t think that’s the case, he’s offering to give fans money back if they really want it, not sue them to take money from them. A little bit of common sense and a calming herbal tea is needed Neil. Stay off the ginger beer.

The timing of it and nature of it as a statement actually says to me that the bloke is hurting. He is hurting that his ambition to get the club to the Premier League is not coming to fruition (yet) and is hurting at some of the abuse he, his family and staff (friends) have taken, and we all know that there has been some utterly vile abuse posted that goes above and beyond “Carlos out”.

I also think it shows that Mr Chansiri recognises that we, the fans, are hurting too. I genuinely don’t think he is meaning to “sack the fans” or anything similar. Again , I think that people need to get some perspective.

That being said, I think deep down there is a small and very stupid miniority on here who either just live for the drama or want Mr Chansiri to walk away and that is being bourne out.

Happy Christmas and New Year Mr Chansiri and family. If you do indeed read the forum I hope you read this post and recognise that not all fans are knuckle dragging types. Oh, and please pass on my best wishes to Carlos for the festive period and send him home to his family, with his P45.

Ta.

100% agree mate. 

Got to say the Chairman is being over-sensitive on this and someone within the club needs to point that out to him. There are morons at every club, take Bristol City for example. Lee Johnson was getting death threats in the post last season from some of their 'fans'. I doubt that he or his Chairman have questioned whether it is worth them continuing to the fan base as a whole though.

Anyone who has directed personal abuse at Carlos, Chansiri or their families is an idiot but Chansiri has to realise these idiots are a tiny minority of the fan base and he should nit spit the dummy out at all of us as a result. 

In this our 150th anniversary year we have certainly had plenty worth complaining about, the vast majority have done it constructively. He speaks of people writing to demand their season ticket money back. Out of 20,000+ season ticket holders the amount that have actually done this should serve as reason for him not to label us all in the same way and make veiled threats about ongoing investment. 

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

If the silent majority took back the forum it would all get very quiet. In fact it would shut down wouldn’t it? 

No it wouldn't ... you would get posts supporting the club again, not inadvertently ( I'm being generous now) ruining it.

Constructive supportive criticism ... not the outpourings of vile.

15 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

No it wouldn't ... you would get posts supporting the club again, not inadvertently ( I'm being generous now) ruining it.

Constructive supportive criticism ... not the outpourings of vile.

No we'd go back to the old days where people were hounded off the forum because they dared to stand up against the massive price rises by posters with your outlook,

I remember this 'supportive forum' when Chansiri was first in charge and the sun shined out of his backside. It was no less poisonous the only difference was it was the likes of you lot calling the shots and wailing on the Kivo's and Grandad's and other so called 'troublemakers'. It's not nice when you are the minority is it?

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rebowl Yell said:

No we'd go back to the old days where people were hounded off the forum because they dared to stand up against the massive price rises by posters with your outlook,

I remember this 'positive forum' when Chansiri was first in charge and the sun shined out of his backside. It was no less poisonous the only difference was it was the likes of you lot calling the shots and wailing on the Kivo's and Grandad's and other so called 'troublemakers'. It's not nice when you are the minority is it?

Boooom.

Too many people forget far too quickly!  On a human level people in football seem to think it's exeptable to abuse people when things are not going well! It absolutely is not!  Not In any way shape or form! This type of behaviour is a cancer that runs through football and our club is no better or worse the many others! DC seems like an intensely honest, decent man with impressive values in life and business! So it hasn't worked out so far but I strongly suggest that some people need to sincerely apologise to him and start to get behind him and our club! Thankyou rant over...