Reach - all thats wrong at Hillsborough

10 minutes ago, OwlsAce said:

Of course not the worst player tonight , Fox and Wallace can fight it out for that accolade, but the fact that this lad promises so much but almost never delivers and i've never seen anybody at Hillsborough in all my days so nesh . The fact that he is heralded by some as some kind of saviour and undroppable by Carlos is beyond me 

Total foo kin nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

4 5 6 million whatever we paid for him he's a try'er runs his legs off,but got no bottle,rather pass back then take a player on,1 on 1 he plays safe instead of having a go at them when in last 3rd of pitch....

Even Messi doesn't go forward all the time and yes he took the full back on quite a few times tonight .

Someone has geniunely watched that match and thought, 'I need to start a topic about Reach on Owlstalk'. 

He had a rocky start to the season (while he was being sold down the river at left back), but since he has easily been one of our top performers along with Bannan and Hooper.

13 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Probably played all of his youth career as an out and out winger

Has been played as a left back, an inside right, a wing back and even a centre midfielder during his time with us. Lad probably doesn’t know his ass from his elbow 

The fact is, the lad has the potential to be a brilliant left winger.... I don’t care what anyone says, at times he can be dangerous. His career is slowly being ruined just like others around him. 

Disagree.

He is a bottler and a coward who is stealing a living.

If he was a great left winger he would show that at some stage. Not constantly bottle crossing from wide areas and passing ball back 5 yards instead.

I can see why we bought him. 

He’s quite tall, decent left foot, works hard, still young... 

However, if the team aren’t being very creative (and are told pass to pass back/inside all the time what can he do). 

He does need more shots / goals / assists but no one is getting many of those in this rigid system. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Disagree.

He is a bottler and a coward who is stealing a living.

If he was a great left winger he would show that at some stage. Not constantly bottle crossing from wide areas and passing ball back 5 yards instead.

Nonsense.

Put in a peach of a cross last week that Rhodes buried, and again tonight to Hooper at the back post that should have been a tap in for someone in the 6 yard box. 

Reach was our only genuine wide threat in that second half, which made it all the more bizarre that Carlos brought him in the middle towards the end, it completely killed that threat and left Fox all at sea. 

14 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

4 5 6 million whatever we paid for him he's a try'er runs his legs off,but got no bottle,rather pass back then take a player on,1 on 1 he plays safe instead of having a go at them when in last 3rd of pitch....

Love his engine. as for the pass back, lack of forward willing... his fault or CC's tactics?

• Thanks 1

Just now, ReginaldD said:

Problem with Reach is everyone is judging him based on him being 'A 5m pound player'.

He didn't decide how much Middlesbrough valued him, take the figure out of the equation and he ain't a bad player

And they had two 12 million pound wingers who never put a cross in all night.

34 minutes ago, OwlsAce said:

Of course not the worst player tonight , Fox and Wallace can fight it out for that accolade, but the fact that this lad promises so much but almost never delivers and i've never seen anybody at Hillsborough in all my days so nesh . The fact that he is heralded by some as some kind of saviour and undroppable by Carlos is beyond me 

Whats wrong at Hillsbro is the manager