Reach - all thats wrong at Hillsborough

11 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Disagree.

He is a bottler and a coward who is stealing a living.

If he was a great left winger he would show that at some stage. Not constantly bottle crossing from wide areas and passing ball back 5 yards instead.

Perhaps his failure to cross the ball lies in the fact that 9 times out of 10 we have nobody in the

box for him to cross to.:nuhiu:

11 hours ago, OwlsAce said:

Of course not the worst player tonight , Fox and Wallace can fight it out for that accolade, but the fact that this lad promises so much but almost never delivers and i've never seen anybody at Hillsborough in all my days so nesh . The fact that he is heralded by some as some kind of saviour and undroppable by Carlos is beyond me 

Once again had to play in a different position.

This time moved into central midfield then finished up also trying to cover for the missing Fox.

Reach was one of the few who played well. I would add the much maligned Jones to that too.

• Like 1

Literally everything in the first half (or 60 minutes until we made the change) was going down the right hand side. It was only when we changed things that Reach got on the ball a bit more in wider areas.

Its been the same so many times this season where Carlos has allowed Reach to play further up the field for 15/20 minutes of every game. I would seriously love a manager to have some trust in a young player to just go out there and have a go......just like they are doing across the city with Brookes.

14 hours ago, A57Lincsowl said:

To be fair on Reach he has been one of the more consistent and better performers this season. End of thread? 

That is why we are where we are, if he is one of the better performers, there is no hope.

He has a good engine, if he didn't have that he would not get in a Sunday league side.

Guest RocketOwl
14 hours ago, OwlsAce said:

Of course not the worst player tonight , Fox and Wallace can fight it out for that accolade, but the fact that this lad promises so much but almost never delivers and i've never seen anybody at Hillsborough in all my days so nesh . The fact that he is heralded by some as some kind of saviour and undroppable by Carlos is beyond me 

Thought Reach was our best player tonight and has been majority of the season.

14 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Maybe he's shackled by CC like his crack head dad says ... But in the year and a half I've seen him play he's probably impressed me twice. 

Far from good enough for where we should be.

Crack head dad?

The fact you are willing to come out with such sh#t about a bloke you don't even know tells me everything I need to know about you

People like you shouldn't have a say on anything.

In fact.. on second thoughts.. this is probably the best place for you 

3 hours ago, Miffed said:

Literally everything in the first half (or 60 minutes until we made the change) was going down the right hand side. It was only when we changed things that Reach got on the ball a bit more in wider areas.

Its been the same so many times this season where Carlos has allowed Reach to play further up the field for 15/20 minutes of every game. I would seriously love a manager to have some trust in a young player to just go out there and have a go......just like they are doing across the city with Brookes.

Actually Reach was moved to central midfield after the change.

Joao played left although Reach ventured onto the left wing a couple of times.

Joao was largely ineffectual.

Guest The Horse

Interesting that there's such a set of diverse opinions on him.
Some love the engine he's got and the ability to put a good cross in on the rare occasions he gets the chance.
Conversely, he does seem unable to beat a man and would prefer the pass back than attack a defender.
But again. how much of his play is under direction from the Head Coach?

I'm going to reserve judgement until we get a new man in charge as Carlos has managed to make dangerous players like Buckley, McManaman and even Aiden McGeady look toothless.

Are these opinions about Reach being rubbish a joke, or are so many Wednesdayites really totally unaware of what a good footballer looks like? 

Maybe being out of the top flight for so long attracts such people? 

Anybody that recognizes a good footballer will tell you that Adam Reach is a genuine attacking footballer that has been forced to play fullback despite being totally unsuited to the role. The fact that he is arguably our best player in that defensive role says more about the rest of the defenders and the fact that he has also provided half a dozen assists and scored two of our three goal of the season contenders, says a lot about him as a player. 

Still young, already showing what he can do and totally undeserving of the harsh vocal criticism he gets from people that want him to break his leg, or an opponent's making tackles that Hutchinson is more famous for. He is not a hard tackling midfielder, he was bought as a winger and been played more as a fullback. I can't remember hearing dWaddle getting jeered for avoiding tackles, but maybe fans were more knowledgeable and forgiving then. Wallace gets far less stick for doing exactly the same. When people can show Reach where he is going wrong I am sure they will have a try, but when they are not fit to lace his boots they ought to pipe down and let him do what they can't, play football.

End of rant. Let's not hear any more rubbish shouted at players who give their all.

He has had some shockers tbf

Opening game at Deepdale he was awful and not much better early on.

Last dozen or so games he has been better and more consistent.

Think it is fair to say that during this period he has been one of our better players. Still prone to the odd poo pass or neshed tackle but much improved and fair play/well done to him.

Easy to pick apart any comments about anyone from months ago.

Wallace one of the players of the year last tern as was Lee, Lees and Westwood. Pretyy average so far.

Easy with hindsight

On 15/12/2017 at 23:41, OwlsAce said:

I know it will have been said but absolute clueless bell. Admittedly he can be pappy in a tackle but he has potential and he is starting to show it 

On 15/12/2017 at 23:41, OwlsAce said:

Anyone have a whiff of bacon and beer on that?