ASK THE CHAIRMAN PART 7: WHY DOES THE CLUB NOT SELL PLAYERS

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the sort of clubs matias would attract in Portugal wouldn't be able to afford his wage. the contract matias is on here will be the best he ever gets in his career I just don't see him giving it up just coz the club want him  off  the books   .........nuhiu would be the same who in league 1 or 2 could match the wage he's on here ?........ like chansiri said it's easy to say not so easy to do . 

It’s not easy to do but I think we can do it better than currently. It’s hard to shift nuhiu because he gave him a new 2 year deal in 2016. Should have gone then clearly. Now he’s a 7th choice striker. We could do better. 

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I didn’t expect Mr Chansiri to go into the depth and address as many points as he has with this.

It’s very easy to slag him off but at the end of the day, this kind of openness has to be applauded as he really doesn’t have to do this.

Totally agree.

Also, it’s worth pointing out that he’s said most of this before but in some cases it falls on deaf ears. Even where he’s elaborated a little more it’s still stuff that’s obvious or logical to anyone with a half reasonable intellect. 

I applaud his willingness to engage, at the same time I feel it’s not sustainable. Spelling out the blindingly obvious must be destroying his will to live....

The irony that some fans moan that we don't sell players, yet they go into meltdown when we loan a striker out who can't get into our match day squad (Winnall)...

I'm personally glad we haven't lost Westwood, Lees, Bannan, Forestieri and co. Imagine the reaction if we had? Careful what you wish for. 

in the not too distant past the football world revolved around buying and selling players as a means of staying afloat ,it was easy to sell players as they were tied to the club on contracts that gave the clubs more or less total control over them ......I know peter swan wanted to leave the club at the end of his yearly contract but eric taylor said no and seen as the club held his registration he had no option other than to sign another contract ,Jackie sewell didn't want to sign for us but notts county said he had to and that was that ........not the case these days were all the power is in the players favour and if they have good contracts it must be nigh on impossible to shift them out without making it financially viable for them which usually involves costing the club a lot of money ........like chansiri said easy to say not so to do 

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

the sort of clubs matias would attract in Portugal wouldn't be able to afford his wage. the contract matias is on here will be the best he ever gets in his career I just don't see him giving it up just coz the club want him  off  the books   .........nuhiu would be the same who in league 1 or 2 could match the wage he's on here ?........ like chansiri said it's easy to say not so easy to do . 

Who gave them the ridiculously high contracts?

If FFP is an ongoing issue then surely we need to try and move some on. Particularly those who don’t play and in the worst case someone who does. 

Whilst depth is important, so is a fresh and energised team. We still play more or less the same line up each week give or take a couple since the playoff season. 

Credit to the club for the Q and A though 

4 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Who gave them the ridiculously high contracts?

well that's the gamble you take isn't it ........if matias & abdi had fulfilled expectations then giving them long contracts would have been seen as a good move for the club but they havnt so it's switched to a good move for the players ....... giving good deals to FF, bannan,lee , lees,westwood, hooper, seems to have benefitted the club ....some you win some you don't .....there's not a club in the world who gets there signings right everytime .

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

If FFP is an ongoing issue then surely we need to try and move some on. Particularly those who don’t play and in the worst case someone who does. 

Whilst depth is important, so is a fresh and energised team. We still play more or less the same line up each week give or take a couple since the playoff season. 

Credit to the club for the Q and A though 

they could move them on tomorrow if they paid them off .......what club in there right mind would sign abdi &matias  give them they wages they get here with the injury record they have .........how would you suggest we can get rid of say those 2 and maybe a couple more who don't figure much .

12 hours ago, Watson said:

Dave - is a long-termed player kept for sentimental reasons 

Joao - will make many more appearances

Vennachio - You've scored a hit with him

Matias - Long-term injury issues now starting to knock on the door

Abdi - See Matais

I thank you

Why would we or should we keep Dave for sentimental reasons?.

Bizarre

29 minutes ago, torryowl said:

well that's the gamble you take isn't it ........if matias & abdi had fulfilled expectations then giving them long contracts would have been seen as a good move for the club but they havnt so it's switched to a good move for the players ....... giving good deals to FF, bannan,lee , lees,westwood, hooper, seems to have benefitted the club ....some you win some you don't .....there's not a club in the world who gets there signings right everytime .

Exactly right.

Name a club who gets anywhere near all their signings to work. City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal.....they have all had expensive flops.

For every Costa there is a Torres

For every Nisteltoy there is a Djemba Djemba

We get far more right than wrong. Several have been inspired...Bannan, Wallace, Fessi, Hooper eg 

And we all suffer from hindsightitis. Reach and Rhodes look like they might see egg on a few faces. Let’s hope so. 

3 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

We are refusing to be taken for a ride by a talented, unproven 18 year old whose representatives are trying to engineer a move away, rather than have him play football in case his performances aren't at the same level as age restricted football...thereby dramatically reducing his earning power

20 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

We are currently trying to drive a talented 18 year old out.

do you not think that if the club were trying to drive him out that they would have took the 2 million that Leicester supposedly  offered ........the club have done absolutely nothing wrong as far as I can see , the player as a contract ,they've offered him a new one which he's turned down as he's going to leave at the end of his present one ....if that's the case whats the point of playing him in the dev squad to the detriment of another who wants to play for club in the future .......I don't blame hirst either coz if he can get financial security by the age of 20 then good luck to him . 

13 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Why is he fleecing fans? 

Yes, good point. Even though he has answered questions on the subject, I will once again point out that I am a fan of more years than I care to remember. I'm paying about 18quid a game at the moment for a cracking seat in the North stand. I really think this fantastic value for money. I'm certainly not getting fleeced.

its like anything in life you can pay different prices for the same product. If you chose to pay the higher price you are not getting fleeced you are a fool.

17 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Yes, good point. Even though he has answered questions on the subject, I will once again point out that I am a fan of more years than I care to remember. I'm paying about 18quid a game at the moment for a cracking seat in the North stand. I really think this fantastic value for money. I'm certainly not getting fleeced.

its like anything in life you can pay different prices for the same product. If you chose to pay the higher price you are not getting fleeced you are a fool.

how come your paying 18 quid and i'm paying 23 .....

21 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

"We're not a selling club"

The words that all fans up and down the land want to hear.

you'd think wouldn't you but not what some on here seem happy to hear .....if the club took on board what the fans thought we'd have a squad of about 8 players topped up with 5 out the dev squad .lol

• Haha 1