ASK THE CHAIRMAN PART 7: WHY DOES THE CLUB NOT SELL PLAYERS

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Why is he fleecing fans? 

I'm a season ticket holder so I'm not been fleeced but the most id pay for an away game is £30-£35 ive not paid any more than that this season  .we charge between £39-£49 to pay on day I think that is called been fleeced ,if I was not a season ticket holder I wouldn't pay those prices on the day ,there is no justification charging those prices then signing no end of players on very big money to have absolutely no impact on the playing side , if you multiply abdi reported 35k a week wage by 52weeks =1.82 million a season then take £10 off a match day ticket price this season home and away added together comes to appx 6000 take a tenner off what they pay per game costs £60000 per game although would be half that as we would sell more seats and they would spend more in other ways 60k x 23 games =£1.380million a season so I don't agree with chansiri`s theory that we need to charge these sky high prices to be successful ,we just need a far better policy/scouting in signing players . I'm pretty certain no other championship club has a list of players earning huge amounts of money like we have ,who will have no impact on the playing side ,hopefully our mini revival continues if it don't revenues will drop as I think the millwall walk up or what pay online was the lowest for years ,seats are now empty what haven't been for around 4 years 

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I'm a season ticket holder so I'm not been fleeced but the most id pay for an away game is £30-£35 ive not paid any more than that this season  .we charge between £39-£49 to pay on day I think that is called been fleeced ,if I was not a season ticket holder I wouldn't pay those prices on the day ,there is no justification charging those prices then signing no end of players on very big money to have absolutely no impact on the playing side , if you multiply abdi reported 35k a week wage by 52weeks =1.82 million a season then take £10 off a match day ticket price this season home and away added together comes to appx 6000 take a tenner off what they pay per game costs £60000 per game although would be half that as we would sell more seats and they would spend more in other ways 60k x 23 games =£1.380million a season so I don't agree with chansiri`s theory that we need to charge these sky high prices to be successful ,we just need a far better policy/scouting in signing players . I'm pretty certain no other championship club has a list of players earning huge amounts of money like we have ,who will have no impact on the playing side ,hopefully our mini revival continues if it don't revenues will drop as I think the millwall walk up or what pay online was the lowest for years ,seats are now empty what haven't been for around 4 years 

Makes you wonder how many POTG supporters are paying kids, student and other reduced prices because of the high adult prices.

11 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

If you don't want to be fleeced, don't pay it. It's that simple.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

image.png

1 hour ago, Watson said:

Dave - is a long-termed player kept for sentimental reasons 

Joao - will make many more appearances

Vennachio - You've scored a hit with him

Matias - Long-term injury issues now starting to knock on the door

Abdi - See Matais

I thank you

If we have given Nihiu a contract for sentimental reasons then sorry not a way to run a football club.

• Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

Totally lost me there Handsworth. 

I am also a season ticket holder and have been for years. 

The theory that lower prices will bring people through the door is flawed. Before last season our highest average attendance in last ten years was just over 24000.( lower prices)  Last season was 27000. ( higher prices) This was mainly down to our best league position for years and the best playing squad for decades. Players to which the chairman has invested millions of his own money and partly down to increased revenue. As a fan I don't mind contributing an extra tenner if it means the chairman keeps pumping in millions and we get promoted. 

I also understand the pay on the day argument as well, 

In my opinion I would rather pay more and have a better squad of players with realistic promotion ambitions. 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I agree.

It does feel the club are trying to wring every last penny out of supporters.

I know some people will say its just good business sense but to me has crossed over the line into exploiting fans loyalty at times.

Without a doubt mate. I dont  buy this FFP thing either. If the club really needed to increase revenue , DC could just invent another fictional company like DC taxi`s to bring in more sponsorship money. 

Guest Willow Owl
13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Are you serious ?

All about opinions mi owd,

Fully understand where people are coming from, but personally I pay under £25 per game as a fan. So I don't feel I am being fleeced. 

I’m happy he has come out and explained his thinking. I agree you need 2 players for every position, I disagree that these need to be all signed players, I think these could be youth players. Also disagree about not being able to move players on, poor buying and contracts to be left with deadwood at the club. Overall though his recruitment in the last 3 years has improved our position, it hasn’t been perfect but could have been worse. My main feedback to him on this would be sign and play more youth and the squad will be easier to manage. 

Overall his ask the chairman piece has been fascinating and great to have. Keep it going. Can see his thinking on lots of stuff. Strongly disagree about ticket prices and I disagree that we should make the kit. Apart from that i think he is thinking along the right lines. 

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

All about opinions mi owd,

Fully understand where people are coming from, but personally I pay under £25 per game as a fan. So I don't feel I am being fleeced. 

Im a ST holder mi sen , but its the pay on the day fans i feel for because they are being right royally shafted by the club .

11 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I’m happy he has come out and explained his thinking. I agree you need 2 players for every position, I disagree that these need to be all signed players, I think these could be youth players. Also disagree about not being able to move players on, poor buying and contracts to be left with deadwood at the club. Overall though his recruitment in the last 3 years has improved our position, it hasn’t been perfect but could have been worse. My main feedback to him on this would be sign and play more youth and the squad will be easier to manage. 

Overall his ask the chairman piece has been fascinating and great to have. Keep it going. Can see his thinking on lots of stuff. Strongly disagree about ticket prices and I disagree that we should make the kit. Apart from that i think he is thinking along the right lines. 

whats your take on how you move players on ?.............

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Im a ST holder mi sen , but its the pay on the day fans i feel for because they are being right royally shafted by the club .

Agreed 

40 minutes ago, torryowl said:

whats your take on how you move players on ?.............

Depends on who you are moving on, lets take matias. Came to us with a big reputation from Portugal and performed over there. We aren’t going to recoup our fee because it was a poor transfer. But I believe with the right people pulling strings you’d get clubs willing to take him on from Portugal because he has previous there. A bit like Oliver Burke coming back to West Brom from Leipzig. Same with joao. Nuhiu should have been offered to lower league clubs for a cut price fee to clear wages. There are more. 

Also there is knowing when to sell, fessi should have gone when his head got turned by Derby in my opinion. Sell and reinvest in youth. 

I think chansiri needs a director of football who has experience of dealing with squads and transfers. The club is too big for just chairman and manager now. Someone with the right contacts would move players we need shifting. 

2 hours ago, Watson said:

If you don't want to be fleeced, don't pay it. It's that simple.

That is my worry, if enough people take that approach then people will stop going and hillsborough will be a soulless place with no atmosphere. I go as a ST holder, but if I wasn’t and I wanted to try the game I couldn’t afford to pay a £39 ticket to play hull for 2 hours. I don’t think many see that as good value. If I was just looking for something to do on a Saturday there are lots of options. We need to be including as many people as possible not making it this hard for them. Overtime we will lose our core fanbase doing this IMO. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Depends on who you are moving on, lets take matias. Came to us with a big reputation from Portugal and performed over there. We aren’t going to recoup our fee because it was a poor transfer. But I believe with the right people pulling strings you’d get clubs willing to take him on from Portugal because he has previous there. A bit like Oliver Burke coming back to West Brom from Leipzig. Same with joao. Nuhiu should have been offered to lower league clubs for a cut price fee to clear wages. There are more. 

Also there is knowing when to sell, fessi should have gone when his head got turned by Derby in my opinion. Sell and reinvest in youth. 

I think chansiri needs a director of football who has experience of dealing with squads and transfers. The club is too big for just chairman and manager now. Someone with the right contacts would move players we need shifting. 

the sort of clubs matias would attract in Portugal wouldn't be able to afford his wage. the contract matias is on here will be the best he ever gets in his career I just don't see him giving it up just coz the club want him  off  the books   .........nuhiu would be the same who in league 1 or 2 could match the wage he's on here ?........ like chansiri said it's easy to say not so easy to do .