ASK THE CHAIRMAN PART 7: WHY DOES THE CLUB NOT SELL PLAYERS

17 hours ago, tarn owl said:

That is my worry, if enough people take that approach then people will stop going and hillsborough will be a soulless place with no atmosphere. I go as a ST holder, but if I wasn’t and I wanted to try the game I couldn’t afford to pay a £39 ticket to play hull for 2 hours. I don’t think many see that as good value. If I was just looking for something to do on a Saturday there are lots of options. We need to be including as many people as possible not making it this hard for them. Overtime we will lose our core fanbase doing this IMO. 

Supply n demand if they pay it you charge it , if they don't pay it you lower the price... Maggie would be so proud of me.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

at least 6 possibly 7 of the 11 were free transfers so we don't really have to budget resale value in on them as we could let them go at the end of there contracts and come out even .that's not bad business to get 6 or 7 experienced players who from most of them we've had good service from ......of those we paid for .I think we'd be a weaker team without hooper and bannan so I wouldn't be looking to get rid of them yet .Rhodes hopefully looks like he's starting to shape up so he's worth keeping ..abdi 's a crock so we've bombed on him.......FF  is the stand out if we want to recoup some serious money but is selling arguably your best player the way to go about finishing in the top 6 .we will also make a killing on winnall and hirst should fetch in a decent sum ........by the way you forgot pudil of your list 

That's a fair point, and I'm not disputing our transfer business per se. Although, for the past 18 months, imo it's been very suspect, our transfer dealings in the first 12 months of the DC/CC era was spectacularly good...Hunt, Bannan, Pudil, Wallace, Hooper, Forestieri...have all been brilliant, value for money signings.

But, regardless of how much we paid for them, they still are an asset which has a value of worth to the club. Also, quite often, because players are brought in on free transfers, their weekly wage is often above the norm. If we get an offer that matches or exceeds our valuation (which should essentially equate to how much we'd be able to replace the same player with), then the fee we paid for them, almost becomes irrelevant. It's an opportunity to bring much needed revenue into the club AND freshen up the squad also.