Daily Mail's Matt Barlow - SWFC's Hirst Snub

4 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Earlier in the season we were plodding away with Nuhiu, he’s had many chances and failed 95% of the time. Should’ve been given to a young hungry striker who wants to prove himself. 

Nuhiu goes on in injury time to fill a very specific role, not as an out and out attacker.

Bottom line is there is no place for Hirst to get time when we have Hooper, Rhodes, FF, Joao, and Winnall ahead of him, not should there be.  He has achieved absolutely nothing other than to show he can bang in a goal against 17 year olds.

If he was interested in a career here, he would have agreed to go out on loan. Situation seems to be, based on the language being used, that he either refused to play on loan, or refused to sign a new deal unless it came with the guarantee of first team minutes.

Either situation is unacceptable.

Edited by Indoor Owl

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Having see  them both in action Hirst is the better finisher. 

Though he's still yet to score in adult football...

..Which still leaves him behind a striker that last scored years ago in the professional goals stakes....

Stats can be twisted any which way.

Do you honestly think if George had been given Nuhiu’s place he’d not have scored in 19 months?

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Im sorry but id rather have a young lad who scores goals for fun over a striker who last scored about three years ago . 

I agree with your wanting goals from a striker and as you said he is a young lad who scores goals for fun, but he is playing and scoring against other young lads not experienced men

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I agree with your wanting goals from a striker and as you said he is a young lad who scores goals for fun, but he is playing and scoring against other young lads not experienced men

Neither were the likes of Rooney , Owen or Fowler when they were given their chance in the first team after banging them in for the academy team . 

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Exactly.

George Hirst does indeed score goals for fun, because he's never played a minute of actual professional football where he was paid to score goals.

He might be a terror in the box against 17 year olds in both reserve squad and youth matches, but we've seen exactly nothing from Hirst against men.

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

Rogerwylde,

Doyen are Hirsty's sole agents, and also represent Carlos and Joao - see Transfermarket.com  site for confirmation.

They are also our retained agents for scouting.

DC is mental for this.

Complete conflict of interests 

15 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Earlier in the season we were plodding away with Nuhiu, he’s had many chances and failed 95% of the time. Should’ve been given to a young hungry striker who wants to prove himself. 

He's had less than 45 minutes since last may.

Most of them the last 5/6 minutes of games to help defend corners and hold it up in the opposition corner flag.

Not sure whether asking a boy to do this job would benefit either the team or the kid. . 

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Indoor Owl said:

Exactly.

George Hirst does indeed score goals for fun, because he's never played a minute of actual professional football where he was paid to score goals.

He might be a terror in the box against 17 year olds in both reserve squad and youth matches, but we've seen exactly nothing from Hirst against men.

How much game time is that exactly?

37 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I’m a big Wednesdayite though Geoffrey. You’ll believe anything I say.

Do I believe somebody who posts live tweets about our youth teams when he is talking about our academy and how badly they have treated a young player?

Or should I listen to the empty vessell who has made 21,488 posts without making one point and claims his location is f@@@off?

52 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Fair point. Can't see why we didn't sell him in August if we're not letting him train with his peers.

Maybe there was still a chance for us to agree a contract with Hirst in August; maybe the discussions were still taking place; maybe Leicester made a derisory offer that was far less than we’d get at a tribunal. What I do know is that Mr Chansiri is ruthless. My guess is that Hirst would be on the first bus out of Hillsborough if the right bid came in. 

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

Do I believe somebody who posts live tweets about our youth teams when he is talking about our academy and how badly they have treated a young player?

Or should I listen to the empty vessell who has made 21,488 posts without making one point and claims his location is f@@@off?

It’s not about listening to me and your obsession with my profile (I’m not gay by the way so please back off).

It’s about the fact that you know absolutely nothing about what you’re claiming to know a lot about.

Just now, shandypants said:

Maybe there was still a chance for us to agree a contract with Hirst in August; maybe the discussions were still taking place; maybe Leicester made a derisory offer that was far less than we’d get at a tribunal. What I do know is that Mr Chansiri is ruthless. My guess is that Hirst would be on the first bus out of Hillsborough if the right bid came in. 

Ruthless? We haven't sold a player for a couple of years.

7 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

To be fair Geoffrey ,tweeting a scoreline and recording facts of something plain in front of you is completley  different to passing on snippets from the verbal telling of just one side of a story. 

Especially with the rider "Can't say where from,  how, why, when or who"

Edited by Lord Snooty

Just now, A12owl said:

In the words of Mr Chansiri...Carlos tells the advisors who he wants and they go and look for them.

Perhaps they should look on their own doorstep first and they would find some talent that would save DC lots of cash in transfer fees, agents fees and other associated costs in bringing players to the club. 

Hirst is already here.

Hirst wants (wanted) to play for Sheffield Wednesday,

Hirst wouldn't cost the fortunes that recruitment normally costs.

Hirst would be an investment for the future and would either reward Wednesday in the not too distant future with some goals.

Hirst might then attract a multi million pound sale to some super rich club.

If he had been allowed or made to go out on loan to a Championship side then he should have learned the hard way and accelerated his development. As long as it wasn't to a club likely to be challenging us for a top 6 position. It would have then avoided all this ridiculousness.

Mr Chansiri (if he is the reason) has missed an opportunity.

We obviously don't know the full story but we can always summise.

Or make it up. That's what Owlstalk does isn't it?

So if the lad is asking for more than his compatriots we just pay it regardless? 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

It’s not about listening to me and your obsession with my profile (I’m not gay by the way so please back off).

It’s about the fact that you know absolutely nothing about what you’re claiming to know a lot about.

Where have I claimed I know a lot about it?

You're defending the ones who claim they're privvy to contract negotiations.

I'm leaving you to it my hilariously funny located pal. The club is well run and our academy is incredibly successful.