Daily Mail's Matt Barlow - SWFC's Hirst Snub

Just now, Geoffrey said:

Where have I claimed I know a lot about it?

You're defending the ones who claim they're privvy to contract negotiations.

I'm leaving you to it my hilariously funny located pal. The club is well run and our academy is incredibly successful.

Well when you confidently tell people they are making things up then it kind of implies you know the truth when in actual fact you know f*ck all, literally nothing, about it.

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

It's likely that his agent is being greedy. 

If it was FM then Carlos could ask Hirst to sack his agent.lol

Id say that is a given . Agents are parasites who are bleeding the game dry . They make their money by moving their players as often as possible and dont give a to55 about the player or the club. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Id say that is a given . Agents are parasites who are bleeding the game dry . They make their money by moving their players as often as possible and dont give a to55 about the player or the club. 

His agent has been accused of moving people to SWFC and keeping them there for as long as possible.

Surely if he was that good he'd have been given a chance and then we would have been desperate to give him a load of coin.

Not playing him because he wouldn't sign a new contract doesn't make sense. 

Is he our player or isn't he.

If we had Messi for only one season you'd play him even if he was going to leave.

Edited by Eightace

6 hours ago, Big Jack said:

Because DC  does all the contract negotiations.

Yes but CC has input to advise what can be expected from a player,. Thus length of contract will have been factored in.

Also is there a conflict of interest with both manager and player being represented by same agent?

1 minute ago, Steevo said:

If we paid Urby £30k a week for 20 mins football in a whole season, someone tell me why we can't waste the SAME money signing George Hirst on £10k a week for three seasons seeing if he can make it.

??????????

Come on. Which muppet runs these  things at Hillsborough.

We payed McGugan a fortune for doing nowt for two years 

Just now, Steevo said:

If we paid Urby £30k a week for 20 mins football in a whole season, someone tell me why we can't waste the SAME money signing George Hirst on £10k a week for three seasons seeing if he can make it.

??????????

Come on. Which muppet runs these  things at Hillsborough.

Because it would completely destroy whatever wage structure there is.

Let's say Liam Palmer's on ₤8k a week - do you think he'll be happy to find out George Hirst is on more money?

4 minutes ago, cowl said:

Because it would completely destroy whatever wage structure there is.

Let's say Liam Palmer's on ₤8k a week - do you think he'll be happy to find out George Hirst is on more money?

I'm sure Liam is very happy on his money as he is very unlikely to get the same anywhere else.

Same for Messers Fletcher, Lees, Boyd, Jones, Hutchinson, Wallace, and one or two others.

Our lack of passion in players is exactly because of this. (Hutch aside).

Pipe and slippers mentality innit.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I’m a big Wednesdayite though Geoffrey. You’ll believe anything I say.

Don't worry, Sonny. 

When Geoffrey starts losing an argument his default mode is to start referencing how many posts someone's made previously. 

1 minute ago, Steevo said:

I'm sure Liam is very happy on his money as he is very unlikely to get the same anywhere else.

Same for Messers Fletcher, Lees, Boyd, Jones, Hutchinson, Wallace, and one or two others.

Our lack of passion in players is exactly because of this. (Hutch aside).

Pipe and slippers mentality innit.

I can assure he'd stop being happy though - as would Fox, Wildsmith, and any other player who's likely to be amongst those paid the least in the first team squad when they find out a lad who's only played 30 minutes of first team football starts getting paid more than them.

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Question: 

How many of those slating the club, calling for Hirst to start up top etc., have actually ever seen him play? 

As in play in the flesh... 

I agreed.

We have no way of knowing if he'll be a world beater or a crock.   GH should be maximising his chances by taking the contract, going on loan and progressing with his career. If he's any good the money will come.

In this instance, I don't blame the club for not giving in to an 18 year old's demands.

Edited by GoldGigsChris