Daily Mail's Matt Barlow - SWFC's Hirst Snub

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

A quick look at Ethels excellent loan thread shows that though these lads are excellent for their ages it doesn't always guarantee that they will be auto starters in mens teams in divisions below, never mind the championship.

I can't help but feel the lad will look back at this time now, in the not too distant future and regret what he's about to do. He'd have been better off listening to the club and being guided by them. If he does turn out to be something special the riches will flow. Hunger is a motivator. He'll finish up with a 3 year contract on £10K a week at Everton or somewhere and then finish up playing for Eastleigh, I may even pop along one day and watch him.

If you're reading George, make your peace with the club, sign the contract before it's too late.

35 minutes ago, cowl said:

Because it would completely destroy whatever wage structure there is.

Let's say Liam Palmer's on ₤8k a week - do you think he'll be happy to find out George Hirst is on more money?

Palmer on 8 grand a week ?

Bet you could times that by 2 and you would be nearer.. even more probably...

The average wage last season for a championship squad member was 45 grand a week 

That was the average for a premier league player 20 years ago ..

Steve and S36 are bang on the money here...we have wasted tons of money on deadbeats and guns for hire with no interest other than pocket lining 

And there are some in our first team I'd include there as well.

Sort this out with young Hirst  they WILL regret this because I can see another sharp set of teeth ready to bite us on the cheeks once again

Thing is he will move onto a Premier League club and then what? 

Straight into the first team? Not a chance imo. 

He will be in the U23 squad and then loaned out to a team or two (or three, or four) in the EFL. 

Difference is of course that he will be getting paid 20k a week or something. 

Gotta say, all this stuff with Doyen sports, Hirsty Snr spitting out the dummy when Winnall and Rhodes were signed, the McGuganization of George's situation all points to a complicated mess. 

i am sad we haven't finally seen GH come through to first team, but it might be best for this thing to be resolved sooner rather than later so club and protege can get on with things. Seeing LoftusCherk last night,  I do hope he goes to a Prem club - playing with better youngsters will improve him faster than if he hangs round here anyway. 

Put it this way: 

The likelihood of Hirst Jnr signing with the club after this article is pretty much zero imo. 

No doubt that the journalist who wrote this will have been given the lowdown by someone within the Hirst camp. 

It’s a bit of a saving face piece (we are portrayed as the bad guys) and a come get me plea to what will no doubt be a number of interested parties. 

From the various things I’ve read and heard about this mess it doesn’t sound like anyone comes out of it particularly well. 

Tbf the 18 year old kid in the middle of it all is likely to be the least culpable. 

Edited by SiJ

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thing is he will move onto a Premier League club and then what? 

Straight into the first team? Not a chance imo. 

He will be in the U23 squad and then loaned out to a team or two (or three, or four) in the EFL. 

Difference is of course that he will be getting paid 20k a week or something. 

Rumour circulating yesterday is he will sign a pre contract agreement with a Dutch club in January 2018.

Not sure if Doyen are part of any Dutch team but if so I'd hazard a guess thats his next destination.

Not sure how it will work for compensation though. 

Just now, Teflon Don said:

Rumour circulating yesterday is he will sign a pre contract agreement with a Dutch club in January 2018.

Not sure if Doyen are part of any Dutch team but if so I'd hazard a guess thats his next destination.

Not sure how it will work for compensation though. 

Who would that be? 

Ajax? 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Where that from Owlers old fruit?

Seems remarkably high, even considering our selves spending and the relegated Prem sides pushing it up

I know Snoots I really do.. I was astonished when I was told by an ex championship player who has played Prem football too the agents are to blame for this (his words) 

They are running around like a cartel 

Same as petrol pricing no one drops below a  certain level I couldn't believe what league 1 and 2 are on its out of control 

When we were kids it was the clubs making profits on transfers now it's the other way around ..

Hirst Junior will only be asking for what all of the rest of the players with agents likewise are asking for 

14 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

The average wage last season for a championship squad member was 45 grand a week 

Steve and S36 are bang on the money here...we have wasted tons of money on deadbeats and guns for hire with no interest other than pocket lining 

Sort this out with young Hirst  they WILL regret this because I can see another sharp set of teeth ready to bite us on the cheeks once again

Da what?:duntmatter:

17 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

£45k a week. Give it a rest. No idea. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

£45k a week. Give it a rest. No idea. 

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

Only FF, Hooper, Fletcher and Rhodes are on more than 30k at Wednesday

Reach, Abdi are next on 25k and the rest have to make do on between 10-20k a week

I said average championship player not wednesday player you really don't have an idea what these players  are on .?

Why do you think the fan is shafted left right and centre ?

To pay for all this more and more every season 

I mean we and a few others (Boro, Villa, Derby, Wolves, perhaps Norwich) are the exceptions to the rules in terms of what we've paid wages wise. 

Obviously, Newcastle being in the division last season will have distorted things somewhat and I'm sure Villa will be paying some daft money to the likes of Terry...but I just can't believe that 45k is the average salary (or was). 

Has anybody got any idea what’s really going on? What is the kid demanding for this to be dragging on so long?

It would be a shame to lose a decent prospect over wages when we seem to be p1ssing thousands away on non-playing squad members.

somebody on either side needs to stick their head above the parapet and let the fans know the score.

9 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I said average championship player not wednesday player you really don't have an idea what these players  are on .?

Why do you think the fan is shafted left right and centre ?

To pay for all this more and more every season 

You're wrong. Step away from the cookie jar.