CARLOS OUT GANG...

Guest mrbluesky

23 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I thought this was the most dominant all round display for quite a while and i think this could be a catalyst to now kick start the season. 

Amen to that, though i've thought the same thing too many times over the past couple of years. I honestly cannot believe we are still within shouting distance of the top 6...this league is easy, an average to poor side could easily finish top 6. A decent side would walk into the prem without breaking sweat.

37 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Are you joining the money to children's hospital on promotion with me and daleblue. 

Would be quite happy to tinks, actions speak louder than words and al that and especially for charity, is any of the clappers doing it if we don't get promoted 

5 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

Would be quite happy to tinks, actions speak louder than words and al that and especially for charity, is any of the clappers doing it if we don't get promoted 

*are any

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Consistency is key.

Nobody can argue we've shown any this season.

Spot on. 

We have the squad to beat anyone on our day. As proven by yesterday. But we haven’t shown that in any kind of consistent form so far, and I still blame Carlos to a large extent. 

Next 3 games will tell a lot, Brizzle at home and away to Ipswich and reading, quite a difficult run and will be interesting to see how we emerge from that. 

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

You see this is what amazes me, that everything has to be black or white, there are no in betweens.

You are either a 'clapper' where supposedly the club can do no wrong and you are incapable of seeing the true picture, or you are a stalwart of free speech and the only ones, through your non stop protest at everything, who laughably, actually see themselves as the guardians of the club's future and without their input, some dreary status quo will prevail.

There are times where I have criticised the club. Their attitude to communication with the fans especially with regard to segregation, opening the S.West corner as just one example.

I referred to the club using the 'Mushroom' method of communication. "Keep em in the dark and feed them sh*t".  Hardly "Pro club" as you put it.

I have said on numerous occasions I support Wednesday and CC is only the latest incumbent in the position of manager of our club. When the time is right for him to go then so be it. I will then support any new manager in the same way.

Following the Barnsley game I was critical of CC, and thought he was somewhat negative (albeit unlucky) in his approach in the second half. I posted that I didn't agree with the witch hunt against Carlos, but if there was something in his DNA that meant that retaining possession at all costs, was more important than going all out attack at certain times, then maybe "The writing was on the wall" as I put it. 

I think the attitude since then has dispelled that thought and I can see very positive things happening. At Villa yesterday we totally dominated them and played football as good as anything i have seen. Both goals were world class and the attitude and battling qualities were also top notch.

We now have players starting to perform and a very strong bench week in week out to call on when required.

If I thought we had gone totally stale & there looked no way out of it, I would say it as I saw it, I don't see this at all.

It seems to me that the CC out faction (if you want to call it that) have one overriding agenda, they have drawn their line in the sand and now have to live up to it regardless of what is actually happening in front of their eyes. The points tally is hardly different to previous seasons and we are in a much stronger position personnel wise.

Get behind them, accept there will be highs & lows & see where we end up.

If we end up 11th or something, sharpen your knives and you are more than welcome to rub my nose in it & tell me I was wrong. 

If we achieve our potential, swallow your pride and start enjoying being a Wednesdayite again.

Apologies for the length of the post.

UTO

Troll alert

44 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

Negativity dressed up as Charity (although undoubtedly a good cause) with a bit of moral blackmail thrown in for good measure.

If you want to donate to a charity, then do it, Why does it depend on you proving some sort of point as to the unsuitability of our current manager. 

My contribution to actions speaking louder than words is much less honorable in respect of donating to Holiday Inn group with my same booking for the play offs for the last 3 years and reasonably confident I will need it following our slowish start and the auto's looking less likely.

My charity credentials don't entirely stop with corporate contributions however, I do & have done for years have a d/debit running for the Royal British Legion, which incidentally isn't dependent on CC either making a hero or a cu*t of himself.  

No offence intended!!

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We were yes, but the problem is we dont do it consistently enough to be challenging for a top two spot. Its alright putting in a fantastic performance against Villa and Leeds only to lose at Bolton and Birmingham . The top teams put the bottom feeders to bed and dont drop points against them .   

very true post

We were yes, but the problem is we dont do it consistently enough to be challenging for a top two spot. Its alright putting in a fantastic performance against Villa and Leeds only to lose at Bolton and Birmingham . The top teams put the bottom feeders to bed and dont drop points against them .   

Apart from Cardiff who also lost at Birmingham. 

If you want to challange for the top 2 places you need to pick up more than 2 pts from games against the bottom 4 teams.

10 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Jesus Christ it's a little bet with fan's. 

Moral blackmail you got to be kidding 

I thank you for the ecclesiastical tribute and I realise some of my posts stand out like a beacon in a sea of mediocrity but i’ll stick with the name I’ve got thanks.

I don’t want people to think I was getting above my station.

:biggrin:

Ps the “moral blackmail was aimed at the other guy who was challenging ‘Clappers’ ( as he so predictably put it), to match your bet.

pps I assume he would be offering the correct equivalent odds that reflect the statistical likelihood of the chances of getting promoted as against the mathematically more realistic chances of not doing.

:manager:

So if the OP got his way and Carlos got sacked, what's the next step?

Obviously we'd have to pay compensation to Carlos which would have gone on the team.

The new man would want to fetch his own back room staff so Lee Bullen, Andy Rhodes etc would have to be compensated. 

The new manager might rip half the side apart and start afresh.  I've seen it so many times before. 

Vic Buckingham and Trevor Francis got sacked when we had strong successful squads.   The slide starts and within 15 years we are in danger of relegation to the fourth tier.  It happened both times. 

All the players who started the 2016 playoff final are still with us, except Helan who was probably fed up of the abuse he was getting.  

We now have a stronger squad than 2016.  We might not make top six this season but I'm pretty sure we'll keep knocking on the door if we keep the best manager we've had since Atkinson.  

Some of you need to be realistic.  We can't compete financially with the likes of Wolves, or the clubs with parachute payments like boro, Norwich, villa.  Be pleased you don't support Hull City Tigers.   

Edited by Lincs Owl