"why cant we play like United do?"

"why cant we play like United do?"

Not sure I want to because I'm not a fascist like most of their fans seem to be, even Wilder was doing that hand over heart/badge thingy. Secondly, people seem to say we did play like that in CC's first season but teams found us out. It's their first season, the same will happen them

54 minutes ago, modboy said:

so many of our fans, including myself saying that today at full-time. I NEVER NEVER thought i'd aspire to play like our dirty neighbours but they are miles ahead of us this season, performance wise.

No way would any promotional hopeful have let Barnsley off the hook today like we did, Barnsley mates on text were expecting a drubbing at half-time

Sideways passing is killing us, shoot ffs now and again and you may get lucky like Reach did

Barnsley are the worst side we have played this season and todays result sums up the mire we are in im afraid.

Simple answer is they have a good manager who gets his team playing with passion , energy and fight. Where as we have Carlos 

There’s no reason we can’t play like them, beyond the way the players are currently managed. The main difference is they move the ball around with purpose and pace, with us the ball drifts around our midfield until we give it away. You don’t even need pacy players necessarily, United’s side doesn’t really have any, but they’re constantly in the faces of the opposition and keeping them off balance. Wouldn’t mind us trying their 3 at the back formation too. Another thing to note is the fact that they simply put round pegs in round holes so every player is left in no doubt of their role.

Said in another thread earlier, when a blunt midfielder gets the ball his first thought is to pass it FORWARD.......................whilst we take 15 passes at snails pace to get out of our own half, the blunts play 3 or 4 quick, incisive passes into the front men who are immediately supported by the midfield and widemen.

The number of times I have argued with people sat around me about this.......................possession means F*** ALL without end product and we are so slow that by the time we have moved the ball 10 yards up the pitch (usually at least 5 or 6 passes) the opposition are all back in position.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, modboy said:

so many of our fans, including myself saying that today at full-time. I NEVER NEVER thought i'd aspire to play like our dirty neighbours but they are miles ahead of us this season, performance wise.

No way would any promotional hopeful have let Barnsley off the hook today like we did, Barnsley mates on text were expecting a drubbing at half-time

Sideways passing is killing us, shoot ffs now and again and you may get lucky like Reach did

Barnsley are the worst side we have played this season and todays result sums up the mire we are in im afraid.

The manager, plain and simple. The players have to shoulder some of the blame, but ultimately that's how we are being set up

Guest Wacker62

Why don't all the wilder lovers go and support him . After all we are from Sheffield are we not. So if you Wilder lovers love him so much why don't you go and support the red and white s....e. Good Bye. 

Guest BULGARIA
4 hours ago, torres said:

They make ours look like 2 old age pensioners 

Hooper winds me right up with his laziness. I know he's flavour of the month for 99% of us but he's work rate is dire and sets the tone for the team 

finally some else can see this. i salute you.

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

I get the gist of the title, I recognise what the OP is saying.

BUT!

If I was on my death bed, I could never admit to wanting it or asking it.

Because it would kill me to say it.

:ghoulguy:

Ironically I always feel that our fans ability not to be 100% blue and white tinted spectacle wearers differentiated us from unitedites 

people are talking like wilders re invented the wheel,he hasnt,they have a system that currently works and suits their players.

Like any other system it has its flaws and once everyone works that out,and they will,then lets see how they fair.

they are bright and quick,they work hard on the training ground,and its paid off

3 hours ago, Wacker62 said:

Why don't all the wilder lovers go and support him . After all we are from Sheffield are we not. So if you Wilder lovers love him so much why don't you go and support the red and white s....e. Good Bye. 

Good post..wilder lovers also wanted warnock

5 hours ago, modboy said:

Said in another thread I'd rather us put out our under 23 team on Tuesday then watch that shower again 

Tbh this kind of comment is one of the most f*ckwitted things that consistently gets trotted out on here

The very best u23 teams in the country are regularly getting beaten in the checkatrade trophy by middling league 2 teams - i believe all the u23 teams are bottom of their groups?

Our 3rd tier u23 team would get brutalised by a championship team

23 minutes ago, scram said:

Tbh this kind of comment is one of the most f*ckwitted things that consistently gets trotted out on here

The very best u23 teams in the country are regularly getting beaten in the checkatrade trophy by middling league 2 teams - i believe all the u23 teams are bottom of their groups?

Our 3rd tier u23 team would get brutalised by a championship team

I understand that and obviously know it's not feasible. I just want some emotional connection with my club again