"why cant we play like United do?"

1 hour ago, modboy said:

I understand that and obviously know it's not feasible. I just want some emotional connection with my club again 

You won't get that by seeing a bunch of young players wearing Wednesday shirts being thrashed into oblivion

Connection was lost when statues were built of somebody who has no intention of embracing what SWFC is

Replacing Carlos doesn't change that

13 hours ago, modboy said:

Ironically I always feel that our fans ability not to be 100% blue and white tinted spectacle wearers differentiated us from unitedites 

Can't help it. It comes at a time where they are flying & we are stumbling, so my personal feelings are to close ranks & think fk 'em, 'cos it's backs to the wall time.

I did acknowledge & understand what you started off saying, but it's just not me.

22 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Can't help it. It comes at a time where they are flying & we are stumbling, so my personal feelings are to close ranks & think fk 'em, 'cos it's backs to the wall time.

I did acknowledge & understand what you started off saying, but it's just not me.

yes. Luckily i have no Unitedite mates so dont have to face their smugness

23 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Let's be clear on this. On the whole They have a side of journeymen. But they are playing excellently and well above themselves.

I think you might be a bit mistaken with the journeyman comment.  Their side on Friday night was:

Blackman - 24 (it was his birthday on Friday - on loan from Chelsea)

Baldock - 24

Stephens - 27

Basham - 29

Cameron-Vickers - 19 (on loan from Tottenham)

O'Connell - 23

Coutts - 29

Fleck - 26

Duffy - 32

Sharp - 31

Clarke - 32

Subs - Brooks (for Sharp) - 20

Lundstram (for Duffy) - 23

Average age at start of game - 24.9

Average age at end of game - 23.1

This compares with Wednesday's team yesterday:

Westwood - 33

Hunt - 26

Lees - 26

van Aken - 23

Pudil - 32

Wallace - 32

Lee - 29

Bannan - 27

Reach - 24

Hooper - 29

Fletcher - 30

Subs - Butterfield (for Pudil) - 27

João (for Wallace) - 24

Rhodes (for Fletcher) - 27

Average age at start of game - 28.27

Average age at end of game - 26.82

I think I would say their team is players at peak age or up and coming.  

12 minutes ago, Bircho said:

I think you might be a bit mistaken with the journeyman comment.  Their side on Friday night was:

Blackman - 24 (it was his birthday on Friday - on loan from Chelsea)

Baldock - 24

Stephens - 27

Basham - 29

Cameron-Vickers - 19 (on loan from Tottenham)

O'Connell - 23

Coutts - 29

Fleck - 26

Duffy - 32

Sharp - 31

Clarke - 32

Subs - Brooks (for Sharp) - 20

Lundstram (for Duffy) - 23

Average age at start of game - 24.9

Average age at end of game - 23.1

This compares with Wednesday's team yesterday:

Westwood - 33

Hunt - 26

Lees - 26

van Aken - 23

Pudil - 32

Wallace - 32

Lee - 29

Bannan - 27

Reach - 24

Hooper - 29

Fletcher - 30

Subs - Butterfield (for Pudil) - 27

João (for Wallace) - 24

Rhodes (for Fletcher) - 27

Average age at start of game - 28.27

Average age at end of game - 26.82

I think I would say their team is players at peak age or up and coming.  

Coutts, Fleck, Duffy, Sharp, Clarke and Basham. You’re seriously trying to say they are not journey men? Most of them have been yo-yoing between league one and the championship. Even o’Connell has. The young keeper, Brooks and a couple of others bring the  average age down disproportionately compared the the key thrust of the side.

Wednesday also have a fair few journeymen in our side too, but generally speaking ones who have journeyed at a higher tier. I would like to see a few more younger faces too.

It makes the achievement to date at United even more remarkable and they are riding a wave.

You don’t have to be old to be a journeyman. 

Edited by Bluesteel

23 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Coutts, Fleck, Duffy, Sharp, Clarke and Basham. You’re seriously trying to say they are not journey men? Most of them have been yo-yoing between league one and the championship. Even o’Connell has. The young keeper, Brooks and a couple of others bring the  average age down disproportionately compared the the key thrust of the side.

Wednesday also have a fair few journeymen in our side too, but generally speaking ones who have journeyed at a higher tier. I would like to see a few more younger faces too.

It makes the achievement to date at United even more remarkable and they are riding a wave.

You don’t have to be old to be a journeyman. 

Depends what your definition of a journeyman is.  For Coutts, United is his fourth club, as it is for Basham (also had a loan spell at Rochdale), Fleck has played for three clubs including United (also had a loan spell at Blackpool).  Duffy - United are his fourth permanent league club (he also had 2 loan spells).  O'Connell his on his third permanent club (although he never was released by Blackburn without actually playing a game although he did have three loan moves whilst there)  Might agree with you about Sharp and Clarke.  But how many clubs make a journeyman?  If you are including the loans, Wednesday only have two players who started yesterday with less than four clubs.  And even without the loans, it is only four with less than four clubs.

Edited by Bircho

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:03, agentwalker said:

The main problem is, before the game even starts everyone knows exactly how we are going to play. Right down to passing across the back four, bannan dropping deep to get the ball, Wallace cutting in etc.

It's become too predictable 

And every thing has to go through Bannan be fore it passed forwards.

15 minutes ago, Bircho said:

Depends what your definition of a journeyman is.  For Coutts, United is his fourth club, as it is for Basham (also had a loan spell at Rochdale), Fleck has played for three clubs including United (also had a loan spell at Blackpool).  Duffy - United are his fourth permanent league club (he also had 2 loan spells).  O'Connell his on his third permanent club (although he never was released by Blackburn without actually playing a game although he did have three loan moves whilst there)  Might agree with you about Sharp and Clarke.  But how many clubs make a journeyman?  If you are including the loans, Wednesday only have two players who started yesterday with less than four clubs.  And even without the loans, it is only four with less than four clubs.

I’m sure it could be defined to suit various points. But the bulk of that squad has spent a great deal of time playing in the lower leagues with a number of them trying the championship only to drop out of it again for a decent chunk of time (coutts, Basham, Clarke, Duffy, Fleck, Evans, Stevens) and it has taken them a number of years (or clubs) to properly settle and find some form. 

Which is why I think they are defying all odds with a manager who has got them harnessing the positivity and confidence amongst them. The same squad could quite easily struggle under different circumstances.