"why cant we play like United do?"

so many of our fans, including myself saying that today at full-time. I NEVER NEVER thought i'd aspire to play like our dirty neighbours but they are miles ahead of us this season, performance wise.

No way would any promotional hopeful have let Barnsley off the hook today like we did, Barnsley mates on text were expecting a drubbing at half-time

Sideways passing is killing us, shoot ffs now and again and you may get lucky like Reach did

Barnsley are the worst side we have played this season and todays result sums up the mire we are in im afraid.

• Thanks 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

They pay far more to get in the ground....their season tickets are more expensive..thats why they are above us...We need to put the prices up more...

bet Rhodes is on more than their first team, same with Barnsleys team today

Biggest difference is confidence. They have tons of it, we have none.

Many of our players need dropping but no sign of it happening.

Will the piggies run continue quite possibly, depends on injuries and suspensions

Will our poor form continue, most certainly as nothing will improve until changes  happen and that's more than just replacing Carlos. It's the whole player recruitment strategy.

DC needs to take on advice or his mistakes will hold us back.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, modboy said:

so many of our fans, including myself saying that today at full-time. I NEVER NEVER thought i'd aspire to play like our dirty neighbours but they are miles ahead of us this season, performance wise.

No way would any promotional hopeful have let Barnsley off the hook today like we did, Barnsley mates on text were expecting a drubbing at half-time

Sideways passing is killing us, shoot ffs now and again and you may get lucky like Reach did

Barnsley are the worst side we have played this season and todays result sums up the mire we are in im afraid.

Cus they have two strikers that work very hard 

We have one who tries but isn't fit enough and Hooper 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Cus they have two strikers that work very hard 

We have one who tries but isn't fit enough and Hooper 

i know, saw Clarke track back yesterday and even attack with pace... i think it must have been a dream tbh

We played very similar to them aim Carlos’ first season - pressed from the front, team and fans at one, passion, team spirit, free flowing attacking football....

We failed to recover from the Wembley defeat and also failed to sign the players needed to fully push on an continue to play in the same way.

Let's be clear on this. On the whole They have a side of journeymen. But they are playing excellently and well above themselves.

But they have momentum,minimal

expectations/pressure and a great work ethic. Everything is going for them and it's that momentum that keeps you going for a period of time. If they failed this season then next season or the season after they might have the same issue as us.

We "played like united" when Carlos came in as underdog. But since then we have failed and expectations and frustrations have built and the side has gone stale.

The only answer is a new manager and a new voice to draw a line under that and get some optimism back.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

i know, saw Clarke track back yesterday and even attack with pace... i think it must have been a dream tbh

They make ours look like 2 old age pensioners 

Hooper winds me right up with his laziness. I know he's flavour of the month for 99% of us but he's work rate is dire and sets the tone for the team 

34 minutes ago, modboy said:

Weve had our chances and blown them both big style, mid table at best this season

19 minutes ago, modboy said:

This ten thousand times over, and anybody who can't see it must be blind, or incapable of change.

We could have 95% possession in any game, but while we persist in passing sideways and backwards we will continue to find it difficult to score, simply because we give the opposition every opportunity to defend.