Has Anyone Else Written This Season Off Already

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

chris hughton failed the previous season perhaps brighton should have sacked him ........

They finished 20th in his first season, lost play off semi final the next, then got automatic promotion. 

He significantly improved their position over 3 years. Carlos hasn’t. 

Edited by Essix Blue

Not just yet as I firmly believe that if we get rid of Carlos, a new manager could put together a string of results that sees us climb back into the top end of the table but I think top 2 are gone now.

Also if Carlos is still here at the end of next month, then I’ll be writing the season off.

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

They finished 20th in his first season, lost play off semi final the next, then got automatic promotion. 

He significantly improved their their season over 3 years. Carlos hasn’t. 

yes he has .....he took over a mid table team and finished 6th ,4th, that sounds like year on year improvement to me .....

If we make a change, then the season might be salvageable. 

Has to happen sooner than later though. 

This isn't a good division (look who is near the top ffs), but we are in serious danger of seeing things slip away before the season has barely started. 

• Like 1

Just now, torryowl said:

yes he has .....he took over a mid table team and finished 6th ,4th, that sounds like year on year improvement to me .....

lol

We got to a play off final his first season, finishing 15 points off second. 

Next season we lost play off semi final, 12 points off second. 

You call that improvement? I’d say no tbh. 

As as for this season, I suppose you’re gonna tell me there’s 33 games to go yeh?

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Fans of other clubs reading this site and Tvv.atter And Facesh.ite will either think we’re a set of quivering fan.nies or we’re all 7 year old girls!!

For fv.cks sake lads and lasses, snap the fv.ck out of it, grow up and get behind YOUR team!!!!!

We do get behind the team in large numbers paying top dollar for the privilege . Fanbase being taken for granted big time and what do we get in return, a chairman so out of touch with the demographic of Sheffield and a deluded head coach spouting gonads all the time.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If we make a change, then the season might be salvageable. 

Has to happen sooner than later though. 

This isn't a good division (look who is near the top ffs), but we are in serious danger of seeing things slip away before the season has barely started. 

If we attacked this season like we did 2 seasons ago, we’d be top 2

Just now, Essix Blue said:

If we attacked this season like we did 2 seasons ago, we’d be top 2

Yep. 

Sadly, the Play-Off Final pretty much marked the end of this Wednesday side as a credible attacking force. 

If you dont like football yea then write it off , Jesus why buy a season ticket. There are no guarantees in football, after 56 years of following the Owls , probably on this basis I would have written off most seasons.

Its a game keep the perspective.

6 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

lol

We got to a play off final his first season, finishing 15 points off second. 

Next season we lost play off semi final, 12 points off second. 

You call that improvement? I’d say no tbh. 

As as for this season, I suppose you’re gonna tell me there’s 33 games to go yeh?

yes I call 12th 6th 4th improvement .........it's certainly not going backwards ,  

Agree with most other posts . Football really is just common sense . Have a defence like Brighton .have steel in midfield and also goals with decent strikers . I've said for a long time our midfield must be 1 of worst in league usual pairing of bannan / Jones can't tackle can't run midfield and score 1 a piece a season that is laughable exactly what teams get promoted with that, there are teams what will get relegated with better midfield 's than ours. The trouble is chansiri knows nothing about football and this is very Worrying cause other owners would have seen were this was going a long time ago and acted. 

14 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Because I know I have, in fact I wrote it off the minute I knew Carlos was staying on.

This season has been a farce to put it politely, there was such an opportunity to do so much good on and off the field and it's been turned in to a fecking joke. 

I'm seriously at a point where I can't be arsed to drag myself out of bed at 3 AM and watch the match and for the first time in years I won't be buying my children those bloody  hideous kits at a ridiculously inflated prices.

The negativity and toxicity can be felt all the way to New Zealand.

We will not be relegated but I guarantee you now, we will not promoted unless we have a change of manager and a less hands on approach from our chairman.

Agreed.My view is that CC has now run out of time in which to achieve DC's aim of PL Football this season.This needs to happen ASAP.

RgeDwl.gif

Personally, I wrote this season off when clueless Carlos wasn’t sacked/released after the playoff debacle against Huddersfield.

That was the time to make a change of manager.  But it didn’t happen.

I knew at that point that we would only go backwards.  Although I’m staggered at what a total clusterf*ck this season is turning into.

We have players on 40 grand a week.  And yet we are in a relegation battle.  Embarrassing.

• Like 1