Has Anyone Else Written This Season Off Already

6 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

SO MUCH testicles ON THIS POST. IT READS LIKE THE TORY MANIFESTO 

At least we haven't dropped to the level of it reading like a Labour manifesto yet

The clubs starting to feel a bit like the Labour Party 

A once big club that's run by idiots and nobody takes it seriously anymore.

It’s getting that way. 

The manner of the derby defeat was potentially the killer blow despite some cheyne stokes against Leeds.

I suspect Just to prolong things we may end up picking up toward the end of the season like derby did last season but without success.

In the meantime we need to hope something derails the blades.

Anyone writing us off is stupid - 13 games in and 5 points off top 6, but I fear for the season if we continue with CC. 

We’ll get the odd result (Leeds) that’ll raise expectations but I’ve seen enough now to conclude we need change. If we do it now, this season could very easily turn around and be successful. 

52 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Stay at home then, take the missus to Meadowhall, you and the rest of the girls on here.

Disgusting how our fans are turning their back in the club!!

Disgusting!!!

I quite fancy a trip to Meadowhall but sadly it will be some years before I get the chance to do that again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No, I still genuinely believe Carlos can string together enough 3-5 game runs with this squad that will see us keep pace with the playoff places as we have done for the last two years but that wasn't the goal this year and now any hope of competing for automatic promotion is gone and it's clear that we've stagnated under Carlos and need a new direction by the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Stay at home then, take the missus to Meadowhall, you and the rest of the girls on here.

Disgusting how our fans are turning their back in the club!!

Disgusting!!!

Give it a rest .... people have a right to feel disgruntled. 

I remember one  of your many pearls of wisdom. ‘If you want success you have to pay for it’ this being your justification for sky high ticket prices. Well people have paid , a lot for this . 4 defeats out 5. 

Disgusting is the way the club is being run. The dire results are just one of the problems . Keep clapping, keep spitting your dummy out because people don’t agree with you , but the truth is something is wrong at the club . People aren’t moaning for the sake of it , they are moaning because they want the club run properly. 

I have decided to find  other things to do for now , but as I do and always shall support the club , I shall continue to discuss Wednesday on a Wednesday discussion forum. I still feel you don’t grasp the concept of debate 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Give it a rest .... people have a right to feel disgruntled. 

I remember one  of your many pearls of wisdom. ‘If you want success you have to pay for it’ this being your justification for sky high ticket prices. Well people have paid , a lot for this . 4 defeats out 5. 

Disgusting is the way the club is being run. The dire results are just one of the problems . Keep clapping, keep spitting your dummy out because people don’t agree with you , but the truth is something is wrong at the club . People aren’t moaning for the sake of it , they are moaning because they want the club run properly. 

I have decided to find  other things to do for now , but as I do and always shall support the club , I shall continue to discuss Wednesday on a Wednesday discussion forum. I still feel you don’t grasp the concept of debate 

I'm all for paying top dollar when the product matches the price your paying.

• Like 1

I don't think for one minute that the season is over. I'm sure a few seasons ago that Reading put a second half of the season run together took them from where we are to automatic promotion.

But to do this big changes are needed.

On the pitch we are very often one dimensional. No pace on the flanks, slow build up play, never seem to score from set pieces. 

CC has his favourites, is stubborn in his tactics, the players that come off the bench are just like for like, so opposing teams aren't being made to work or think.

Off the pitch is a big problem, I don't know enough to comment on what's going on in the boardroom - is there one, or is it just DC's office.

I still believe DC is in this for the long haul, but is he just as stubborn as CC, not being prepared to bend until we are broken.

To hear of players turning on fans, fans turning on each other, it's embarrassing.

I made a point on Snootys thread yest about us being a hardy, optimistic bunch. I still believe that. But the weight of expectation is obviously getting to all of us.

Derby away is a write off every season, same to be said when we come up against Steve Bruce.

Things will never change unless DC makes changes, if he sticks with CC, then he needs to kick his arse all over S6 for a week, and in January overhaul the squad , a decent full back on either side would be a good place to start. Even if it means going to the development squad. 

Upto you DC.

At the moment I’m thinking probably mid-table, possibly getting involved in a relegation battle, but keeping my fingers crossed we go on a run of wins, finding form, and then possibly play offs.

Who knows, it’s Wednesday we’re talking about. The last thing on my mind is automatic promotion, so must be a sure sign that this is how it all ends up.

12 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Because I know I have, in fact I wrote it off the minute I knew Carlos was staying on.

This season has been a farce to put it politely, there was such an opportunity to do so much good on and off the field and it's been turned in to a fecking joke. 

I'm seriously at a point where I can't be arsed to drag myself out of bed at 3 AM and watch the match and for the first time in years I won't be buying my children those bloody  hideous kits at a ridiculously inflated prices.

The negativity and toxicity can be felt all the way to New Zealand.

We will not be relegated but I guarantee you now, we will not promoted unless we have a change of manager and a less hands on approach from our chairman.

Shut up yer girl 

4 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Because we're in a thread where people are apparently giving serious consideration to giving up on the entire season.

The context of our recent run of poor form seems to be entirely lost on some people.  

We're 5 points from the playoff positions with 75% of the season yet to be played.  People need to get a grip.

And for balance only 6 points off the relegation positions!