Has Anyone Else Written This Season Off Already

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Leeds yes 

Forest we were decent for 30min

Brentford we got lucky it was like a flash back to last season 

Fulham yes

Cardiff good in patches but our negativity cost us the points 

Sunderland we were s**t for 75 min

we played well against a  good Brentford team , it was  game which could have gone either way and we shaded it  . it was bugger all to do with luck that we beat them ..........

31 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we played well against a  good Brentford team , it was  game which could have gone either way and we shaded it  . it was bugger all to do with luck that we beat them ..........

Really? They were bottom of the table and probably should have come away with 3 points. Had we lost that game it would have been another terrible performance the win papered over the cracks that have now become unmissable 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

I was thinking someone like

Megson

McCarthy 

Warnock 

Pearson

Jokanovic 

Alladyce 

All proven managers, all know what it takes and all realistic targets.

I can't see sizeable Samuel dropping to this level. He's far to grand for that these days.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

I was thinking someone like

Megson

McCarthy 

Warnock 

Pearson

Jokanovic 

Alladyce 

All proven managers, all know what it takes and all realistic targets.

I think he'd go for Karanka. He's out of work and got a non-parachute team up 18 months ago.

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Leeds yes 

Forest we were decent for 30min

Brentford we got lucky it was like a flash back to last season 

Fulham yes

Cardiff good in patches but our negativity cost us the points 

Sunderland we were s**t for 75 min

This, we've been bobbar this year.

Leeds and Fulham are our only really good performances this year.

3 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

When people say we have the players I'm not so sure. 

Our defence is a worry. Only Westwood and Lees are probably good enough for a top 6 challenge. Hunt is ok. 

Hope we give Hutchinson some games there.

In previous years I've maintained Westwood was our best player.

This year, Westwood has been complete garbage. He had a good day today for sure, but he has been trash leading up to the injury

wrote this season off as soon as clueless got a fresh contract .

was obvious how this season was going to go after our laughable summer transfer business and pathetic display against a poo rangers in pre season.

anyone who thinks clueless can get us promoted this season,infact ever,wants their bumps feeling.

Time is rapidly running out for us this season. The longer Carlos stays, the further away we will get from even making the play offs.

Top 2 is already gone. Play offs still an option of Carlos is booted before Xmas.

Edited by Mr Farrell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

In previous years I've maintained Westwood was our best player.

This year, Westwood has been complete garbage. He had a good day today for sure, but he has been trash leading up to the injury

You've nailed it. overall he's been amazing for us but this season his form has been well below his usual high standards quite a few comical errors already made, not just by him though I must say

Edited by s6 owl

I haven't quite written off the season but it's been a nightmarish deflating start to the season.

I never thought after one third of the season we'd have more chance of going down than going up and that the Pigs would be over 10 points above us.

The thing is though, regardless of how well the Pigs are doing, we should have been up or around there too.

The football as been awful and the results have been embarrassing but it's not just this season, it's following on from last season.

But it's not all over, however I believe if we're going to turn it around and get going in the right direction, changes need to be made on and off the pitch.

Changes are needed regardless of whether Carlos goes. We need to change tactics. Just where as the attacking attractive football of Carlos' first season gone?

Gray was axed for playing unattractive football and the football last season and this season as been equally as ugly but alarmingly it's not as effective this season as it was last season.

There's still time to get the season going but in order to do that, we either need a new manager and/or need a drastic change in tactics and playing style, and to change some players.

I feel a new man is needed to freshen things up, someone that can bring some different ideas, we've become too predictable.

If and when Carlos eventually goes I wouldn't be surprised if Chansiri brings in another foreign coach but I would go for a up and coming British manager instead like Paul Hurst, Paul Heckingbottom or Dean Smith or someone like that.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

If you want my honest opinion then here goes.

I think Chansiri is up shitcreek without a paddle, I think he has blown more money than he anticipated and doesn't have a lot left to invest, I think we are up to our limit with FFP and the most worrying thing is he seems to be taking bad advice from people who seem to have less of a clue than Chansiri himself.

The club 1867 scheme smacks of desperation and I for one or very worried.

Excellent post I'm very worried too , I've been saying this even when we were wining games on pitch . Forest and derby did similar blew a lot of money , forest ended up ffp .and derby have had to sell assets Hughes 8m hendrick 10m Ince 12m to head off ffp .but those 2 clubs are nowhere near badly run on and off pitch as us at minute . Fire sale in January I predict .