Kieran Lee swan dive

Sometimes when you try to avoid being kicked it makes the fall when you are kicked look like a dive. Too many refs are swayed by how the player looks as they go down.

Anything that happens after you have been fouled is irrelevant.

14 hours ago, Grandad said:

Exactly how narrow is that stand at Bolton for everybody to have been directly in line?

lol 

Only 3 people in this thread out of 4000+ there have said they were directly in line!

I was to the other side of the goal on row J but my eyes were open with an unobscured view and I saw the clear trip.

I was in seat 116 row Y sort of in line with the right hand post looking down on the goal.  There was absolutely no doubt in my mind, most definite penalty you could wish to see, to book Lee for diving just added insult to injury.  We were still gash though, but would have took a point.  Think others may have mentioned that the ref had blocked a clearance and given possession back to us, probably trying to save his embarrassment but no excuse, he should be more embarrassed looking back at it.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Just a blatant, blatant foul. Defender made it obvious as well by sticking his arms up in the air and immediately turning to see where the ref was. A bit like when a batsman knows he's nicked behind so turns around straight away to see if the wicketkeeper has caught it.

The only reason I can think that he didn't give it was because he blocked their clearance in the build up and wanted to help them out. It seems ridiculous but we all know how shit refs are, in his mind it probably evened things out.

Awful decision. Truly atrocious. It was one of those where the linesman should have had the balls to step in and tell him he was wrong.

It doesn't alter the fact we were disgracefully poor in that first half though.

4 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

And Rhodes missed at least two sitters, so what, they go in or they don't, doesn't justify the non penalty and booking for a non existant dive.

You're right, he missed 2 sitters, in fact i'd say he bottled getting his head in the way.

Just now, sweetsheri said:

You're right, he missed 2 sitters, in fact i'd say he bottled getting his head in the way.

Just dont know whats wrong with him at the moment, you would think a prolific striker like him that cant get a starting place would have buried those two to try to cement a place. Not sure whether he has lost it or if it's just a confidence thing but you cannot keep failing on £40k a week. He was brought in to score goals and he is failing miserably. I really do hope he can get some confidence and form back and quickly because the longer this goes on the more we will need the old Rhodes just to stay in the top half.

39 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Just dont know whats wrong with him at the moment, you would think a prolific striker like him that cant get a starting place would have buried those two to try to cement a place. Not sure whether he has lost it or if it's just a confidence thing but you cannot keep failing on £40k a week. He was brought in to score goals and he is failing miserably. I really do hope he can get some confidence and form back and quickly because the longer this goes on the more we will need the old Rhodes just to stay in the top half.

I think it's confidence. The lad is clearly struggling..

We've knocked it out of him..not like us that is it...

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

And Rhodes missed at least two sitters, so what, they go in or they don't, doesn't justify the non penalty and booking for a non existant dive.

I'm not saying it justifies it. Just pointing out that you would expect the majority of penalties to be scored and the majority of open nets to be scored.