Wildsmith

He is horrible. Both goals down to him on replay. He dosent move for the first until it's passed him And he sees it all the way and the clearence wtf? And what on earth was Hutchinson doing. Clearing right at his own goal.

Wildsmith seems to have a calamity every outing.

Guest Copthorneowl

I said in a thread on the team yesterday and earlier that the number of posts suggesting Westwood couldn't come straight back when available were plain daft.

Westwood comes straight back in when fit - absolute fact he's zero to prove to anybody in fact he's proved over two and a bit seasons that he's irreplaceable.

To be fair he also saved a number. Yes a horrible mistake when he passed out to their striker but defenders had to take some responsibility for messing about passing around using the keeper.  They all seem to forget it helps to go forward rather than back

4 minutes ago, Melv said:

To be fair he also saved a number. Yes a horrible mistake when he passed out to their striker but defenders had to take some responsibility for messing about passing around using the keeper.  They all seem to forget it helps to go forward rather than back

He didn't get one dodgy pass all day.

4 hours ago, jfr142 said:

He is horrible. Both goals down to him on replay. He dosent move for the first until it's passed him And he sees it all the way and the clearence wtf? And what on earth was Hutchinson doing. Clearing right at his own goal.

Defo PORK

4 hours ago, jfr142 said:

It dosnt make a keepers life any easier when the back four in front of you are having a mare. 

2 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Is everyone who doesn't say how brilliant we are pork? I wouldn't say both goals were his fault but neither do I think he's a future Wednesday goalkeeper

Far to early to say. He's got potential for sure... We will have to wait and see guess.

The position on the park where players get better with age. 

I have no doubt he has the potential to be an excellent goalkeeper for us in the future. 

Keeper mistakes stand out. 

He also made two or three top draw saves too. 

Let's not make it all about blaming a boy for yesterday's terrible result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Is everyone who doesn't say how brilliant we are pork? I wouldn't say both goals were his fault but neither do I think he's a future Wednesday goalkeeper

No but wildsmith horrible?! Pork

I can just imagine how great he's going to be when fans are picking out every mistake and slating him, despite the fact that he has had a lot of very good performances in between the sticks when called upon. 

To say that he is horrible is ridiculous considering the performances he's had of late. 

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

The position on the park where players get better with age. 

I have no doubt he has the potential to be an excellent goalkeeper for us in the future. 

Keeper mistakes stand out. 

He also made two or three top draw saves too. 

Let's not make it all about blaming a boy for yesterday's terrible result.

Well said Snooty, give the lad a chance, Westwood has looked poor this season, the defence has been all over the place.

If you want to see a poor goalkeeping display take a look at the Leeds keeper 2 weeks ago.

Well I wouldnt attribute both those goals to the keeper.

The first Jones was unlucky in that he slips at a crucial moment,otherwise the kid wouldnt have got his shot off,he struck it sweet as nit into the bottom corner,it was a very well taken goal.

The second was a deflection of Hutch at his near post,can legislate for that.

The kid made 3 or 4 VERY good saves yesterday,we made far too many basic individual errors.

The footballing gods werent on our side yesterday,sometimes you just have accept your lot.