Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene £150 Print

7 minutes ago, jamsandwich said:

Actually - it does look like its his style to add all this flannel to the outside. All the ones forsale on his site look like this.

I would suggest it absolutely is his design.

I would also suggest that the club have approval of it, seeing as it uses the logos and is sold in an official manner. Just a quick call and "mate, can you just tone down all of that over-designed nonsense on the border" would have done it I would suspect.

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I was planning on buying one of these since the day the idea was announced, I could just about live with the £150 price tag but all the added nonsense around the edges has spoilt it. I'd have to cut the edges off and have it re-framed which would add significantly to the cost and it would lose its value.

The artist Jamie Cooper tweeted a photo of himself dropping off the 150 canvases and 2,000 prints at Hillsborough several weeks ago, so I'm wondering if the wrong name debacle was his error. 

Either way I'm really disappointed. 

He's listed as Roy cropper on the the official site.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

SWFC 150 Years.jpg

Nuff said

The badge on the carpet and all those Sheffield Wednesday players in the image kinda gives away what it is without the need for splattering badges and words all over the frame/border

Agreed - prefer the original 

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

DS.jpg.a16742ec8ec872cdc5a897c130fec35c.jpg

£150 

They've slapped THREE badges on it, wrote Sheffield Wednesday on it twice, and got the player names the wrong way round

*bangs head on desk*

SO FRUSTRATING that they never ever get this stuff right

Just give us a simple artwork without the writing on it. Those buying it will know what football club it is, or who the players are FFS. Those who don't know will do some research on it as they're interested enough to spend £150 on it

And PROOF things before they go out on sale. Just check them. 

This is so reminiscent of that season review DVD where even the commentary had the wrong player names 

It's not difficult this stuff. It really isn't

I can see 4 badges :star:

Guest oz_owl
9 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Jesus - that is so badly over-designed! Someone said it was bad, but I didn't realise just how bad it was!

How many different fonts?

What is the colour scheme?

It is horrendous!

It looks like a Christmas card.

6 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

It looks like a Christmas card.

Ashitchristmascard at that 

I've looked at his other works and it looks like this one for us is a "cash in hand Homer" by Comparison.....

What it needs is Trevis Photoshop skill to put Sekonda shirt sponsorship onto players shirts for a gag ?lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

16 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I was planning on buying one of these since the day the idea was announced, I could just about live with the £150 price tag but all the added nonsense around the edges has spoilt it. I'd have to cut the edges off and have it re-framed which would add significantly to the cost and it would lose its value.

The artist Jamie Cooper tweeted a photo of himself dropping off the 150 canvases and 2,000 prints at Hillsborough several weeks ago, so I'm wondering if the wrong name debacle was his error. 

Either way I'm really disappointed. 

You could get a mount cut wi an aperture the size of the image, so hiding as much of the guff as you want. Maybe possible to reuse same frame. The guff around the outside is just pants. Makes it look like a corporate freebie. UTO.