Just got Home

Guest RocketOwl

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Yeah hurts me too. Actually like Carlos. Can't remember wanting a manger to leave who I've actually liked before:

However, I haven't looked forward to going to games more than in his first season then I had looked forward to games before, and now I've never been so bored of going to games then I have been before.

Sonetimes yoy vote with your feet or wallet mate 

I'm not home yet.

We constantly got the ball into good wide areas bit the delivery was poor half the time. If we had a half decent full back or somebody who can beat the first defender without hoofing it into touch on the other side of the pitch then we might have created more chances. Hunt is such a frustrating player because of this. We waste possession in good areas. 

34 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I have to say the players are not ag fault. No one played terribly, they all played for the shirt. Often when a team is struggling and the manager is on the brink you can point at certain players throwing in the towel. That's not happening here.

Bannan was brilliant, Butterfield was good, Hooper was good.

Its the managers tactics. He has to go. Hunt continually isolated. Lee our best centre midfielder playing out wide. Fox literally being given the freedom of St Andrews (as they know he's garbage), why on earth was he playing. His slow pedestrian tactics have been found out. 

The players are playing ok in my opinion. It's Carlos. He comes out with that spirited press conference which have us hope, only go play exactly the same.

Birmingham are dreadful. 

You say Birmingham are dreadful, they won. What does that make us?

• Thanks 1

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, doubled123456 said:

You say Birmingham are dreadful, they won. What does that make us?

Incapable to play creative football to break down these average sides.

21 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Frustrating evening. Controlled the game for long spells without ever actually penetrating, which is why The Joao situation annoyed me.

Feel your pain, Birmingham though, one win is it all season? and that came in Aug .... Leeds sunday ... yay.

17 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Credit to you (and the many other fans that went); you have more bottle than me mate.

And thanks for the review; I think anyone with an iota of sense can see where the problem is and what needs to happen. A decent, attacking manager will inherit a squad of players that still have this season to mount a promotion challenge. I'd even let someone like Laws have a crack at it again. His approach to the game was, in principal, the right one but he ultimately failed as manager (and like many other previous managers at Wednesday have done) because he simply had no money or resources at his disposal. It would be interesting to pick a previous manager and see how he performs with the squad currently assembled.

I only went because I bought the tickets before Sunday and live and work down here. I now have to go to work tomorrow to have my nose rubbed in it for a second time in less then a week (Blue’s fans are like blunts real chip on their shoulders). To top at all we have Leeds on Sunday, where I’m looking at having a family member giving me grief if we lose.

Having watched the the team tonight, they look completely shot of confidence and understanding about what to do. You could tell the last thing they wanted to do was coincide and therefore wouldn’t venture forward. A terrible team, with a lack of confidence themselves Birmingham were allowed to get back in to it, having been dominated by us by the end of the first half and you could see how the goal lifted them. Only once Brum scored did our midfield go for it and we nearly scored on a number of occasions, but it was too late. Until then it was pass it sided to side and then back...complete crap.

We are a team now crying out for a new set of ideas and I think Carlos has lost them. Not because of the last two games, I think they were the killer blow but since the udders match. I never thought I’d say this, but yes I’d take Pardew now.

Just got back myself. 

Sorry, but got to disagree. To say the players aren’t at fault is ludicrous, they were lacklustre even at 1-0 down, no umph in that team whatsoever. 

Is it time for a change, yeah probably. But, to blame Carlos for the lack of urgency is ridiculous, he also can’t score the sitter for Lee he missed in in the 94th minute. 

Fed up either way, something needs to happen or were going to end up falling too far behind.  

Well done to those who went. 

I know it's completely different to going  but I do just want to point out watching the highlights whilst the match was being played Birmingham should not could have scored at least 3 tonight. 

Yet again we created very little in terms of chances. Seems to be the case every game. You can spout your stats, shot, possession etc. But we create roger all for our forwards.

Not back yet but will be tomorrow 

we were beaten by a very poor team tonight. Not saying any player didn’t play for the shirt but we were average/ok. No beter. Not anticipating promotion right now or near term. The Premier league seems about 160 miles away for me as I drive past Chelsea to see the owls in S6.

6 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Just got back myself. 

Sorry, but got to disagree. To say the players aren’t at fault is ludicrous, they were lacklustre even at 1-0 down, no umph in that team whatsoever. 

Is it time for a change, yeah probably. But, to blame Carlos for the lack of urgency is ridiculous, he also can’t score the sitter for Lee he missed in in the 94th minute. 

Fed up either way, something needs to happen or were going to end up falling too far behind.  

Im with you on this pal, all the way ... The number of times Bannan had ages to shift the ball to a player unmarked wide, but no, tip, tap, tip, tap, pirouette, eventually move it wide when their team had regained a defensive shape 

7 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Well done to those who went. 

I know it's completely different to going  but I do just want to point out watching the highlights whilst the match was being played Birmingham should not could have scored at least 3 tonight. 

Yet again we created very little in terms of chances. Seems to be the case every game. You can spout your stats, shot, possession etc. But we create roger all for our forwards.

16 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I thought Bannan was poor tbh, misplaced passes over and over again, no tempo, no presence, no penetration ... Yes he's was camped on edge of their box for last 5, but first 90 ... Meh 

I was amazed that he came to clap the fans at the end and rightly got boo’d. After the last two performances by the team what did he expect. They need to get their heads down and sort out this mess.

Edited by Stevelknievel

I've been tonight and I was one of the extra unlucky ones who not only had to watch that performance but did so from the first few rows so had to stand in the rain getting pisswetthrough as well. Well done Birmingham,  build a roof that doesn't actually cover all of the seats, genius.

We're just so one dimensional and lacking pace. What were the tactics?  The only tactics I saw were to play some decent passing football,  before eventually knocking it wide and putting in an absolutely abysmal cross.  Making the keeper of a bottom two team work just twice in 90 minutes just isn't acceptable. 

We can't change the players at this stage, but we desperately need a change in approach and formation. Carlos can surely see this but he just won't change from his 442. Another manager is our only hope before this season is a total write off.

This was my first away game this season. Brumy relatives.

We weren’t that bad in fact we were probably the better team, but there wasn’t a single moment in the game that I expected us to score. I know that might be hard to understand for those who weren’t there, but I just didn’t once expect us to put the ball in the net and take control of the game, and more importantly in my opinion  neither did our players. Right now they seem to wating for things to happen rather than making them happen. They seem as unconvinced as I am if you get my drift.

Got to say our fans were outstanding though,  although the goal took the edge off it a bit. UTO

Been to Cardiff the Derby and tonight in Birmingham. Cardiff a good performance made them look ordinary but substitutions towards the end may well have cost us the three points. Enough been said about the performance against the Blades but at soon as we got to 2-2 we should have managed the game much better and certainly at the very least made sure they didn't score again. Tonight good performances from some players but then system seems to stifle the players. We did shoot from range and came close twice, a good save and then a shot skimmed the woodwork but on a wet night in difficult times conditions a more direct approach and more attempts on goal from the off would have been more appropriate and successful in my opinion. The "goal" (Hoopers) looked onside to me but difficult to tell from behind the goal.. We can't say we were unlucky as they missed a couple of sitters as well, we are just not attack minded enough and until Joao came on we again lacked pace. At the moment can't see us challenging for promotion or the play offs. Obviously everyone is now looking for a managerial change and although Carlos is clearly a good bloke, we don't pay him to be a good bloke we are paying him well to get us promoted. He has had a fair crack of whip from DC but  I feel we might have to look elsewhere unless he can turn things round against Leeds and can't say I'm confident he will manage that. Still a good result on Sunday would be so welcome but may only delay the inevitable.

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

However, I haven't looked forward to going to games more than in his first season then I had looked forward to games before, and now I've never been so bored of going to games then I have been before.

Genuine question, because I agree with you here, but what caused such a massive change in style of play? I've heard some say that Carlos says we got found out playing the style of the first season but I cannot remember that happening at all. It's really weird.