Just got Home

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

I have to say the players are not ag fault. No one played terribly, they all played for the shirt. Often when a team is struggling and the manager is on the brink you can point at certain players throwing in the towel. That's not happening here.

Bannan was brilliant, Butterfield was good, Hooper was good.

Its the managers tactics. He has to go. Hunt continually isolated. Lee our best centre midfielder playing out wide. Fox literally being given the freedom of St Andrews (as they know he's garbage), why on earth was he playing. His slow pedestrian tactics have been found out. 

The players are playing ok in my opinion. It's Carlos. He comes out with that spirited press conference which have us hope, only go play exactly the same.

Birmingham are dreadful. 

Credit to you (and the many other fans that went); you have more bottle than me mate.

And thanks for the review; I think anyone with an iota of sense can see where the problem is and what needs to happen. A decent, attacking manager will inherit a squad of players that still have this season to mount a promotion challenge. I'd even let someone like Laws have a crack at it again. His approach to the game was, in principal, the right one but he ultimately failed as manager (and like many other previous managers at Wednesday have done) because he simply had no money or resources at his disposal. It would be interesting to pick a previous manager and see how he performs with the squad currently assembled.

Edited by Owl Be Back

Not been tonight (credit to you) but that is exactly as I see things regardless of what Carlos or anybody else says.the players are stifled form expressing themselves and this has brought about them not believing in him.they'd like to ,as we all would, but they can't fully buy into it because it just doesn't suit them/us .

7 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I have to say the players are not ag fault. No one played terribly, they all played for the shirt. Often when a team is struggling and the manager is on the brink you can point at certain players throwing in the towel. That's not happening here.

Bannan was brilliant, Butterfield was good, Hooper was good.

Its the managers tactics. He has to go. Hunt continually isolated. Lee our best centre midfielder playing out wide. Fox literally being given the freedom of St Andrews (as they know he's garbage), why on earth was he playing. His slow pedestrian tactics have been found out. 

The players are playing ok in my opinion. It's Carlos. He comes out with that spirited press conference which have us hope, only go play exactly the same.

Birmingham are dreadful. 

Good post and spot on.

Guest RocketOwl
8 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Good post and spot on.

Frustrating evening. Controlled the game for long spells without ever actually penetrating, which is why The Joao situation annoyed me.

Went tonight and Sunday. How you can say the players didn’t play badly is beyond me. The amount of times we’d have THREE people go in and try and take a man and end up getting skinned was ridiculous. There is NO coordination between players and pulling out from heading the ball. In fact how many passes went astray after we’d just gained a good advantage?

Adam Reach and Jack Hunt are not footballers. They certainly don’t deserve a Wednesday shirt after the last two performances. 

The new defence is so shakey I literally have 0 confidence when they make even the weakest attacks (one of the later goals the pigs scored).

Not buying it. 

Guest RocketOwl

For anyone that didn't go - it wasn't terrible. The players played on. They do seemed stifled though. Reach is the best example - looks like he has lots more to give but is being held back by tactics.

Cant moan about the application of any player tonight - it's purely tactics. Birmingam

were absolutely appalling. Was clear Fletcher was shot and we needed pace upfront so he brings Rhodes on.

Wildsmith did well in goal.

Hunt played well and is constantly left the whole right hand side to himself.

Centre backs did ok. Lees is solid despite what some say on here. Van Aken played ok.

Fox isn't good enough. Constantly left in space by Birmingham only to hit first man every time.

Bannan played like he has all season - very well. 

Butterfield - Controlled game. Excellent performance. MOM.

Lee - tried hard but played out of position and struggled because of this.

Fletxher - looked short of fitness which made Joao omission the more frustrating.

Hooper - Pure pure class. What a player.

P.s do we miss Fessi yet??? We really do. 

(Carlos out)

I don't doubt we can play good football with the ball, but it's a results business.

There's something we aren't doing right - whether it be concentration, not taking our chances, or whatever. 

I know people thought last season was ugly to watch (probably true) but we got there with some dogged displays. I'd take some like that now. 

Guest RocketOwl
4 minutes ago, Chriss said:

Went tonight and Sunday. How you can say the players didn’t play badly is beyond me. The amount of times we’d have THREE people go in and try and take a man and end up getting skinned was ridiculous. There is NO coordination between players and pulling out from heading the ball. In fact how many passes went astray after we’d just gained a good advantage?

Adam Reach and Jack Hunt are not footballers. They certainly don’t deserve a Wednesday shirt after the last two performances. 

The new defence is so shakey I literally have 0 confidence when they make even the weakest attacks (one of the later goals the pigs scored).

Not buying it. 

Controlled game for most part.

No penetration. 

He says that expectations are a problem in his post match interview. Well Carlos, who set those expectations?? It was only the other day in your pre match interview for this game you said we will get promoted this season. How is that for setting expectations?

hes becoming a joke 

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He says that expectations are a problem in his post match interview. Well Carlos, who set those expectations?? It was only the other day in your pre match interview for this game you said we will get promoted this season. How is that for setting expectations?

hes becoming a joke 

SPOT ON.

We weren't terrible, but we were bad enough to gift three points to a very poor Birmingham 

Agree the tactics were again poor, but there were some very average players out there Don't see how this squad is good enough to get us out of this league, they don't have the attributes for the modern game Not sure what can be done to change things If we could get Forestieri, Joao and Matias on the same pitch, maybe then we'd have half a chance

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Good post by the OP. Sat on the Carlos side but I'm no longer supporting him. 

I am afraid enough is enough, the 700 odd quid for my ST is a disgrace to watch the team set up so negatively. 

Hurts to to say it but Carlos out 

Yeah hurts me too. Actually like Carlos. Can't remember wanting a manger to leave who I've actually liked before:

However, I haven't looked forward to going to games more than in his first season then I had looked forward to games before, and now I've never been so bored of going to games then I have been before.