Birmingham - V - Wednesday OMDT

Well...

Birmingham already.

No automatic alt text available.

It hardly seems two minutes ago since our last game ... against Cardiff

Eight days ago. And a lot has happened in that time.

My man, Stubbs, has returned from his summer holiday in Tower Hamlets  where he stayed with his old school mate, Mickey the Fish. 

I must say he's not been very forthcoming about his trip. I asked him about it, but he just sort of grunted and slid off to his room. 

I notice the shotgun has mysteriously appeared back on the rack though.  I haven't said anything.

I can't really do this thread and  not mention the horror-show this weekend...

I ventured down to the kitchens to make put myself some supper together and when I opened the fridge I discovered 4 out of date yoghurts!

I have had no choice but to let the serving wench go.  She made out she wasn't bothered of course. Said that she was going to go anyway as her and the girls are recording a new album. But I could tell she was hurt.

Image result for LITTLE MIX

Birmingham are under the stewardship of Lee Carsley after letting Davros spend the entire summer transfer kitty before then showing him the door.

They'd lost 6 on the spin...but typically the caretaker came in and put that run to an end by getting a creditable draw with Derby and put a halt to the slump before we were due in town.

Birmingham line up with a 4-3-3 with the ever willing grafters Ndoye, Davis and Gardner in the central areas.

At the back it's a tale of the "what if" centre halves Morrison and Dean, both heavily linked with Wednesday before the transfer window shut. 

No automatic alt text available.

Up front they have Southampton Loanee Sam Gallager.

An extraordinary deal.  The Blues are paying Southampton £1.2m for a years loan and paid out a further £200k to his agent for 'fixing the deal'.  How this works I'm not sure. I'd have thought it should be a case of

"Can we have Gallager on loan? We'll pay you"

"Of course. We'll send him down"

Quite how the agent has plundered The best part of a quarter of a million out of it shows modern football in all its glory.    

The 22 year old former England U20 starlet was on loan at Blackburn last season where he scored 11 goals. Which was enough for Southampton to reward him with a 4 year extension worth £10k a week last month. Before sending him back on loan to Birmingham to continue getting league experience.

Seems like a good way to bring a young English player on. Play and reward. 

Anyway. The lad has done better out the deal than just getting valuable game time.

He's also somehow managed to get Birmingham to pay his wages in full while he's there.  £18k a week.

What's that you say? You thought I'd just said he was on £10kpw That's right. Southampton pay him ten yet somehow Birmingham are not only paying 100% while they have him but and extra £8k on top. Some cove that agent of his! 

Remarkable business modern football isn't it.

Wednesday

Old Carlos looked in bullish mood this afternoon at his press conference. It was was quite nice to see the other side of his personality.

Image may contain: 3 people, text

It seems that it was one of our own local hacks, Mr Staton that had upset our Carlos. The dagger eyes he was sending out fair sent a shiver up my spine and I have to say that rather than spending any more money on yet another striker Mr Chansiri might be as well signing the lad Staton for a small fee.

They can make up a role for him. He doesn't actually have to do anything. 

When we've got a big game coming up I think that Mr C should take him out of his box and send him scuttling into the dressing room at 2:50 every Saturday.

The very sight of him would, I suspect, send Carlos into the sort of impassioned raging and tub thumping which might just be something the lads respond to.

Statons very presence would , I guarantee, put that bit more spice and passion into proceedings and I'm sure would find it's way into Carlos' final team talk before he sends the lads out.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

How will Wednesday line up?

Well I still live in hope of one day seeing the 4-3-3 which I think will get the best out of our midfield players and help us dominate games.  Maybe a 3-5-2 when Glenn returns.  I've been a long time worrier about his two inch passing and lack of pace. But by God his organisational skills and leadership have been sorely missed of late.

I suspect though it will be the old 4-4-1-1. With Pudil coming in at left full back and Reach back on the wing.

Jones keep his spot? Big call on that. bench for me. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Brilliant OMDT as ever Lord.

Just to pull you up on a couple of issues though, it was Giddings who wound CC up somewhat and i think you have your Morrisons mixed up as it was Cardiffs we apparently enquired about.

I'm sure I've been a victim of whooshing though?

Well done lord snoots, after watching the PC and seeing Carlos he looks a man hurt by what's happened and maybe the players have had a ticking off and now need to show some passion we all want. 

We need a nice 0-2 win to calm everything down if he is not leaving. It SHOULD be achievable, I think we will see passion, or maybe it's hope. 

Come on wednesday 

1 minute ago, Pulsar said:

Brilliant OMDT as ever Lord.

Just to pull you up on a couple of issues though, it was Giddings who wound CC up somewhat and i think you have your Morrisons mixed up as it was Cardiffs we apparently enquired about.

I'm sure I've been a victim of whooshing though?

I fear you have not been whooshed old boy, but that it is I who am still suffering from a mental blockage which came over me this Sunday dinnertime!

Well I believe we'll have a test of our mettle. A close fought game.

Briminghum 0 - 5 The Wednesday

Hooper - hat trick

Hooper's smile - a brace (he doesn't need one, has perfect teeth , see what I did there?)

lolUTO, let's do this fukcker !!!

Edited by F. Spiksley

Need to keep Maghoma quiet, he always pops up and does one annoyingly good thing per game whenver I've watched him this season. He's a potential 'pain in the hole' sort of player.

TBH would rather have a more solid tackler on him than Reach, but I fear Pudil lacks the pace, which is one thing Maghoma does have. How's Fox doing these days?

Mind you, I'd prefer to see Carlos start with as much of the Team That Dare Not Speak Its Name as possible, in order for them to make amends and get The Match Redacted From History out of their systems. So let's say it'll be Reach on Mags. PUT HIM IN THE STANDS, REACH LAD. Seriously, do that.

Not too bothered about any of their others really, think if our two CBs drop the Chuckle Brothers act then they should be able to deal with a lone striker. Particularly such a young lad. We've been doing great against kids recently. :ph34r::duntmatter:

Seriously though, Hooper to bag one, Lee to bag one, Rhodes to pinch a third on 80min and kill off the tie.

Whatever happens, I do not expect Wednesday players to give anything up easily or softly tonight.

I'd be a bit nervy if I was a Brum player.

The Owls have absolutely got to tear seven bells out of them effort-wise. Results we can negotiate TO AN EXTENT, but I won't be happy with anything less than BLOOD AND THUNDER in the effort stakes and I don't think Carlos will either. The players must know it, to a man.

UTO, COME ON THE WEDNESDAY

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ, like a bleedin morgue, well done Snoots for the OMDT, but let's all get with it. 

I'm totally and utterly confident of victory today, let's get back to supporting. 

0 - 3 to The Wednesday 

Edited by daztheowl

Morning all,

Nice one Snoots.

Time to put the last game behind us.  I fully expect us to put in a much improved performance this time.  So I think we will come away with a 3-1 Wednesday win. Hoops with a brace, Lee with the other goal.

TO VICTORY!!