Cardiff 1 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday : OMDT

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Despite coming close on two separate occasions. 

Who would you replace him with, oh enlightened one? 

I suppose you can't be spreading more made up crap about our inevitable financial implosion (yep. remember you posting all that crap a month ago), so it's back to the manager for now. 

I'd replace him with the best man that applied for the job, watch this space regarding financial matters.

Guest Copthorneowl
15 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Today is exactly why Carlso needs to go, he's a bottler.  A side with real promotion asperations would have gone on to win that  after taking the lead, Carlos ran out of luck today trying to protect a 1 goal lead.  He did the same against Forest and the same against Brentford who hit the post with minutes left.  We will never be promoted whilst Carlos is the manager because he doesn't have the b()()locks for it.

That's surely  a poor and poorly timed comment matey we were a few seconds from a great result which we thoroughly deserved. I wasn't there you were but there are enough quotes around from others who were to confirm how good we were for most of the piece. Listened on iplayer who quoted 70% possession first half.

10/15 seconds from victory what did he bottle - Fletch missed a chance to put Cardiff to bed not Carlos and he didn't change his subs till late I suspect the players went defensive as they often can rather than the manager who was apparently trying to urge them out of our half.

Gutted to concede a 95th minute equaliser. We have to stop conceding silly free kicks around our box. I'm  sure the Brighton of last season would have comfortably seen that game out. That's the difference for me, we're not ruthless enough. I refer specifically to brighton and leeds away last season. It has occurred to a lesser extent today but in my view a top two side would have seen it out today.

18 minutes ago, Kameron said:

I'd replace him with the best man that applied for the job, watch this space regarding financial matters.

Truly insightful specificity.   :rolleyes:

The manager that has us playing for promotion two years in a row, and us unbeaten in 7 games in the league doesn't have what it takes, but you'd replace him with "the best man that applied".

Edited by Indoor Owl

47 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Today is exactly why Carlso needs to go, he's a bottler.  A side with real promotion asperations would have gone on to win that  after taking the lead, Carlos ran out of luck today trying to protect a 1 goal lead.  He did the same against Forest and the same against Brentford who hit the post with minutes left.  We will never be promoted whilst Carlos is the manager because he doesn't have the b()()locks for it.

Send me over whatever you are smoking mate!

While you are at it write down the 3 sides that you think have 'real promotion asperations' AND are currently showing better form than us

Edited by Mr Soul

Not been today, took in Hibs 2-2 Motherwell for my weekend viewing. I would have probably taken a point beforehand given Cardiff's start to the season and our record against Colin but given the lateness of the equaliser, I'm sure we all feel massively frustrated tonight. 

It's been an indifferent start to the season but it could have been a hell of a lot worse. As usual we seem to be struggling with the fine margins that separate top half/play off sides from automatic promotion contenders and we desperately need to find a rhythm soon and get ourselves up there. Really could have done with that win as if we lose to the pigs next week (God forbid) the mood will likely turn very nasty. I don't like how the mood of the fanbase seems to be teetering on such a knife edge regarding Carlos but that's how it is at present.

We move onto next week, let the pre-derby stress commence...

That last gasp equaliser.  Absolutely gutted.  Last flipping kick of the game.  

That was almost a complete performance from us. 

On paper though, a 1-1 draw is still a decent result even though it feels like a massive kick in the nuts having dropped two big points.

Still 7 points from a possible 9 is still impressive nonetheless.

Big game now next week.  

We will see the obliteration of the pigs next week.  Can't wait. 

Hi lads, I've posted a while back to give your fans total respect last season during our anniversary of Aberfan. 

Anyway, just my two pence worth on the game yesterday. We started very slowly in the first half as our midfield looked sluggish, whist your midfield zipped the ball about nicely. Barry Bannan had a very good game for you and looked very lively. Owls deserved to go in at HT one up. 

Second half. 

Warnock must have fired a few flips into us at HT as we came out a different side and showed a bit of fight and started to put the Owls on the back foot. I think Mendez - Liang should have had a pen as I was right behind the goals looking straight at it, he was pushed but hey ho, some you get and some you don't. Westwood then stuck a foot out of nowhere as I think it was Hoilett that headed for a certain goal and that foot came out of nowhere to push it past the post! Gunner had one whizzing inches past just before too so the goal did look like coming. Fletcher then missed a great chance for the Owls to finish us off and if he did get that then that would have definitely killed the game off for you. The late equaliser must have killed the great support you brought down and fair play made a great noise. I thought your defender on the line played Bamba onside, overall I think a draw was a fair result. I know that you will be gutted with that late goal, I know how it feels as it happened about 6/7 times to us last season. 

Anyway, good luck for the next game and I'll be watching hoping you win as Sheffield Utd are right behind us! Plus I'll always pick you over that lot anyway! See you at Hillsborough for the return fixture.