Cardiff 1 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday : OMDT

Just now, Wisenightowl said:

Gutted to see the time of the goal. But look at the positives: we are doing so much better than the doomsayers were making out after Preston; our position in the table is fine at this stage of the season; Cardiff will be up there at the end of this season most likely, so an away point is not a disaster; we have Gary Hooper!

Aye that Preston who are a poor team 

I think Cardiff will be mid table myself 

2 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Ouch for £3k nearly , never usually bet on Wednesday as always the ones to let it down then when i don't they do well.That's life i guess.

I don't! Ever! Even united and Leeds matches but had a good feeling.

However check the Northampton result :biggrin: they were 2 up at half time. I missed the first 5 mins of the second half so didn't realise itbwas 2-2 by then.

1 minute ago, Wisenightowl said:

Gutted to see the time of the goal. But look at the positives: we are doing so much better than the doomsayers were making out after Preston; our position in the table is fine at this stage of the season; Cardiff will be up there at the end of this season most likely, so an away point is not a disaster; we have Gary Hooper!

True, hope it don't deflate players though 

6 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

Win your home games, draw your away = promotion form.

They're second in the league, annoying the way we conceded but it's a good point.

Yes they are second in league but to defensive at end if wednesday want to be in top 2. Not calling for anyone's head but need to hang on to wining position as draws are only 1 point and wins are 3 it's better to lose 1 and win 2 for the final points tally. In general teams with a attacking mentality to the end are the ones ending up being promoted. Cc needs to infuse a more aggressive attacking mentality in my opinion. 

Edited by Watford_owl

This morning I thought a grim 0 v 0 would be a good result and prove we can look forward to a good and successful season so no matter the short term p1ssed-offedness, it's a good result and we should be pleased. Feels worse than grabbing a point at the death but actually it's a lot healthier, a lot better and is an indication that we are better than Cardiff - and they are not bad at all.

2 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

I don't! Ever! Even united and Leeds matches but had a good feeling.

However check the Northampton result :biggrin: they were 2 up at half time. I missed the first 5 mins of the second half so didn't realise itbwas 2-2 by then.

Ah well i'm also a cobblers supporter so i bet on neither of them usually unless i want pain.Arsenal cost me £3k once when losing a 4-0 lead at Newcastle.

7 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Aye that Preston who are a poor team 

I think Cardiff will be mid table myself 

Never said Preston are a poor team. I said the result on the opening day led many numpties to start calling for Carlos out. There's a difference. As for Cardiff, time will tell. But considering their strong start, an away point is fine. Just gutting the way it happened.

2 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

This morning I thought a grim 0 v 0 would be a good result and prove we can look forward to a good and successful season so no matter the short term p1ssed-offedness, it's a good result and we should be pleased. Feels worse than grabbing a point at the death but actually it's a lot healthier, a lot better and is an indication that we are better than Cardiff - and they are not bad at all.

They are a powerful side with pace and will be nightmarish for anyone to play there.They also beat Wolves away last month which i doubt many sides will do.

We were generally dealing with them but had no outlet. They were a big strong typical Colin side, remove the space for the wingers and they look a bit one dimensional and we were winning the headers and tackles. 

But a game of attack vs defence is always a risky strategy. I don't think we deserved to lose and you'd always be defending the last 5-10 anyway. It's one of the worst things to happen to you in football, a 95th minute goal against, especially when 5 mins are debatable.

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We need pace on the counter if we are going to sit back. Nearly killed us last minute last game and it did today 

Exactly. We're not equipped to play that way, and frankly few teams are. Italy won four World Cups playing defensively and sitting on one-nillers, but you have to have the players to make it work.

19 minutes ago, vulva said:

Shut your cake hole. Pillock. 

It's all the same on here, although members have there own opinions and views, I don't like cc,s tactics but think we were unlucky today. 

I do like big Dave but I bet he gets some sheeeeet for coming on although it was the best decision from Carlos at the time today

Edited by w.owl

2 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

Never said Preston are a poor team. I said the result on the opening day led many numpties to start calling for Carlos out. There's a difference. As for Cardiff, time will tell. But considering their strong start, an away point is fine. Just gutting the way it happened.

Not on about you mate just the posts before and after we played em 1st game 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

We were generally dealing with them but had no outlet. They were a big strong typical Colin side, remove the space for the wingers and they look a bit one dimensional and we were winning the headers and tackles. 

But a game of attack vs defence is always a risky strategy. I don't think we deserved to lose and you'd always be defending the last 5-10 anyway. It's one of the worst things to happen to you in football, a 95th minute goal against, especially when 5 mins are debatable.

It was no way 5 mins. No injuries. 

But the ref had a decent game otherwise. 

I agree about the outlet thing.

We needed pace up top if we were just gonna defend.