WEST STAND tickets on sale for Sheffield derby match

1 minute ago, Owl999 said:

The Blades kicked off and had trouble at Middlesbrough, same after the Norwich game yesterday, think we might be in store for a bit of trouble next Sunday too .

Thankfully there'll be a few less thousand of them with them only having the upper tier.

2 hours ago, Internationowl said:

Sorry if it's been covered before, but why can't the club sell restricted view seats all of a sudden? 

Overcrowding on concourses of North stand and Kop are a concern apparently. 

Before Kop was made all seated it had a capacity of 24,000 with same if not less concourse areas, now capacity is 12,000ish I think.

Jobsworth SAG with nothing better to do. 

41 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Overcrowding on concourses of North stand and Kop are a concern apparently. 

Before Kop was made all seated it had a capacity of 24,000 with same if not less concourse areas, now capacity is 12,000ish I think.

Jobsworth SAG with nothing better to do. 

It is completely and utterly bizarre. SAG and SYP are an absolute joke. Kop holds 11240 seats and apparently there will be roughly 700 unsold due to restrictions from SAG. Like you say, there has been 24000 stood on that Kop. T Block is not open on the North even though there is only going to be 2300 away fans in an Upper stand that holds over 4200. We are roughly going to have 5500 seats not taken due to restrictions. I find the whole thing bizarre and unnecessary. I'm not the buying the overcrowding concourse argument - there are many grounds in the Championship that are worse.

Every local game with us is now a dinner time kick off.  The Millwall vs Leeds game was a 3pm kick off yesterday. Leeds vs Pigs at Bellend Road will be played on a Friday night in October.

You would think that we have the worst fans in U.K. Football how we are treated regarding kick off times and restrictions? 

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It is completely and utterly bizarre. SAG and SYP are an absolute joke. Kop holds 11240 seats and apparently there will be roughly 700 unsold due to restrictions from SAG. Like you say, there has been 24000 stood on that Kop. T Block is not open on the North even though there is only going to be 2300 away fans in an Upper stand that holds over 4200. We are roughly going to have 5500 seats not taken due to restrictions. I find the whole thing bizarre and unnecessary. I'm not the buying the overcrowding concourse argument - there are many grounds in the Championship that are worse.

Every local game with us is now a dinner time kick off.  The Millwall vs Leeds game was a 3pm kick off yesterday. Leeds vs Pigs at Bellend Road will be played on a Friday night in October.

You would think that we have the worst fans in U.K. Football how we are treated regarding kick off times and restrictions? 

Wonder if any members of the SAG have ever been on the upper tier of the away end at loftus road?

1 minute ago, Andoverowl said:

Wonder if any members of the SAG have ever been on the upper tier of the away end at loftus road?

That was one of the away ends I was thinking of. The concourse in the west stand at Bellend road is also cramped when full. Far far worse than Hillsborough.

15 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The decision by SAG to reduce the capacity of the North so that the concourses aren't rammed with people is partly due to the fact that none of the food retail outlets have fire suppression systems fitted, that and the fact there isn't adequate exits at the centre point of the stand, so I'm lead to believe , the only stands with adequate fire suppression is the South / Grandstand.

Edited by Owl999

41 minutes ago, Sham75 said:

All this moaning about the capacity being reduced, and the game is struggling to sell out 33k!

Or, looking at it another way, they've sold 12,000 tickets at £40-50 a pop for a game that's on Sky. 

The club has done pretty well to limit the SUFC allocation (more Wednesday fans in the ground), maximise the revenue (although I still despise the ticket pricing personally) and still sell out. 

Gonna be a heck of a pay day- sell out crowd at those prices, plus the Sky money...just a shame the commercial stuff is a joke and we're still trying to flog last season's shirts at £55 a pop! :ghoulguy: missed opportunity yet again on that front. 

Guest Copthorneowl
17 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

Good call, the walk out of the QPR ground from that stand down a narrow low tunnel with no natural light is genuinely scary I suspect anybody who can't stand confined spaces as well as being crushed waits till everybody is out it really is a joke compared to exiting any part of Hillsborough.