WEST STAND tickets on sale for Sheffield derby match

6 minutes ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Or, looking at it another way, they've sold 12,000 tickets at £40-50 a pop for a game that's on Sky. 

The club has done pretty well to limit the SUFC allocation (more Wednesday fans in the ground), maximise the revenue (although I still despise the ticket pricing personally) and still sell out. 

Gonna be a heck of a pay day- sell out crowd at those prices, plus the Sky money...just a shame the commercial stuff is a joke and we're still trying to flog last season's shirts at £55 a pop! :ghoulguy: missed opportunity yet again on that front. 

They or rather we are not trying to sell last seasons shirts at any price. If you want one, like really want one you can have one for £55 but trying ? No ! The 16/17 shirt will be available at a huge discount in the new year; But only when and if the 17/18 shirt has had a good run on the shop floor. 

17 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

They or rather we are not trying to sell last seasons shirts at any price. If you want one, like really want one you can have one for £55 but trying ? No ! The 16/17 shirt will be available at a huge discount in the new year; But only when and if the 17/18 shirt has had a good run on the shop floor. 

Surely having them on display is trying to sell them? 

Would not hurt to knock a bit off them.

2 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Good call, the walk out of the QPR ground from that stand down a narrow low tunnel with no natural light is genuinely scary I suspect anybody who can't stand confined spaces as well as being crushed waits till everybody is out it really is a joke compared to exiting any part of Hillsborough.

Was in the upper tier Tuesday night game season before last , loads of people stood in gangways and it took 15 ,20 minutes to get out at the end.Accident waiting to happen and not very nice for kids.

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Of course it would, It would most certainly encourage purchases of the discounted shirt at the expense of sales of the new shirt if and when it arrives.

Hmmm. I doubt it would impact that much. Certainly would not have done has they had them on reduced price from May time.

Although that would probably make the shop look empty as we waited for the new kit.

If it doesn't what is the problem. I suspect many won't pay the price, many won't want to go if there is a perceived risk of trouble and it's on Sky so a lot that would travel from London / South East or elsewhere will go to the pub instead. 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

If it doesn't what is the problem. I suspect many won't pay the price, many won't want to go if there is a perceived risk of trouble and it's on Sky so a lot that would travel from London / South East or elsewhere will go to the pub instead. 

Didn't say it was a problem mate it'd just be nice if it sold out, especially as it's a reduced capacity and the country will be watching.