WEST STAND tickets on sale for Sheffield derby match

20 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

No Leeds United isn't in competition with Leeds Rhinos RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB for support of people wanting to watch FOOTBALL.

It's not a difficult concept to understand  (actually to moronic Leeds fans it probably is). If you live in Leeds and like Rugby and want to support your local club it's Rhinos, if you live in Leeds and want to support your local football it's Lufc. If you want to support both you can.

Equally in Sheffield if you want to support your local rugby League club it's Eagles, if you want to support your local football club it is Wednesday  (the original and the best) OR Sheff Utd not both, that is where the clubs compete for support.

Equally in Sheffield if you want to support both a Rugby team and a football team you can it would then be Eagles and either Wednesday or United.

Just underlines my point that Sheffield is a football city and Leeds really isn't when the rugby clubs gates are over half the size of the football clubs, so over 33% in Sheffield it's between 1 and 2%.

Yep. Leeds is a rugby town. So is Hull. And Huddersfield. Nothing wrong with that. It's just one of the more noticeable difference between Sheffield and some of our neighbours. I was up in Leeds on business last week and overheard two sales reps taking the p out of another guy over his teams dire performance over the weekend. When I asked who the team was they replied 'Cas'. Cas?. I tell you , it's a different world up there!!