Tomorrow

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member
Just now, BRADDO said:

We were good that night at blackburn weren't we! Very good indeed. But at that time it was the norm. I'm sure there was some stat around at the time that said we were THE form team in Europe. If ever a side deserved to win a major trophy... 

Loved that night - my friend Steve dribbled gravy from the chippy outside Ewood on his Wednesday shirt that night and refused to wash it until our run ended

Hear, hear Nigel. It's always the people that make the club. Yes there's history but, it's made and remembered and carried by whoever the current custodians are lucky enough to be. 

To absent friends, who weren't quite lucky enough to see the 150th and a long and healthy life to those heading for the 200th. Cheers to you all. 

Happy birthday Wednesday, you wonderful, frustrating, beautiful thing. 

• Like 1

Was merely hours away from sharing a special birthday with my beloved club. I was born 40 years ago today and the club has been a constant in my life. I can now take my own kids, 8 and 5, as my dad took me and indeed my dad still comes along with my 8 year old nephew as well. The great memories, highs and lows, of supporting this club, long may they continue. 

14 minutes ago, Grandad said:

My absolutest favourite chant of all time was then - the incredibly arrogant "We're gonna score in a minute"

because it was usually true

Indeed, that's how confident we were and it was merited confidence. 

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Was merely hours away from sharing a special birthday with my beloved club. I was born 40 years ago today and the club has been a constant in my life. I can now take my own kids, 8 and 5, as my dad took me and indeed my dad still comes along with my 8 year old nephew as well. The great memories, highs and lows, of supporting this club, long may they continue. 

Happy Birthday mate

15 minutes ago, Grandad said:

He was my hero growing up, we went everywhere together. Which invariably meant Hillsborough. A lot. Might not make sense - but I was actually relieved he passed away before the Hillsborough Disaster, That would have absiolutely broken his heart

No, it makes perfect sense to me. He was a very visible part of the club and clearly a very proud man. I could tell that he was proud to wear that uniform and was a real ambassador for the club. Probably a blessing that he didn't witness that fateful day.

I'm confused!!!!

But very very happy that everything's all ok again and suddenly everyone loves our club again that yesterday, from DC to CC to the cleaners was a complete bag of bollo*ks.

If this offends anyone, I offer the "Sorry I was wee wee*d defence", very recently put forward as mitigation by one of our more eminent contributors following a rather different perspective on the club.

However, I suppose any cheerleader is better than no cheerleader in light of the recent tone on here, so let's hope it can continue.

Happy Birthday to us.

Let's kick on now.

Lovely post which mirrors my own love for the club over a similar timescale. One thing I've found liberating is to realise that supporting Wednesday is not about glorious tomorrows but the present day whichever division, victory or depressing defeat we suffer or celebrate. Wembley was finally great but so was Joicey's night in the Palace replay at Villa Park in the 70s. Ignominious defeats at non league Wigan or 8-0s at Boro are as much part of our love as anything else. A toast to those founding fathers who gave us this blessed addiction. Happy 150th to the best club in the world.

Great post Grandad. Perfectly reflects my relationship with the club, year on year, generation on generation, meeting family and walking through Hillsborough Park to our seats, through good times and bad. Some of my earliest memories were from my grandad telling me about his trip to Wembley in 1935, just like I tell my son about 1991, and he'll pass his memories to his sons. Enjoy your celebration tomorrow. 

Guest Deleted member
16 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Great post Grandad. Perfectly reflects my relationship with the club, year on year, generation on generation, meeting family and walking through Hillsborough Park to our seats, through good times and bad. Some of my earliest memories were from my grandad telling me about his trip to Wembley in 1935, just like I tell my son about 1991, and he'll pass his memories to his sons. Enjoy your celebration tomorrow. 

My Nan used to love telling the story of my Grandad arriving back from the FA Cup Final in 1935, on a wheelbarrow from Waleswood train station - pushed all the way back to Swallownest having had far too may Guinness - singing Wednesday songs at the top of his voice

"I could hear him from the top of the road, the neighbours were talking about it for months. The shame he brought on us" - she'd say that while winking at me knowing that Grandad would bite and proclaim his innocence

Guest Deleted member
8 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

One of the best posts I've seen on owlstalk that grandad. 

Thank you. 

heartfelt

the only constant in our club is our fanbase, and the very vast majority of it is absolutely top notch. The extended family