Tomorrow

Guest Deleted member

Some mega posts in this thread already. Top stories, connections and sentiment. Great read.

nowhere as good but.. 

Can't remember 1st game. Do remember being on my old man's shoulders on the kop as young un.

Away at maybe Blackburn 80's?? Big celebration anyhow cos we were on the pitch and Dad took a divot of turf.

Away at Leeds bit naughty from their lot and Dad didnt take me for a bit.

Losing at Villa park.

Sitting on the North.

Sheridan at Wembley and celebrating with mi pal who was a ball boy the other side of the fence.

Spending time with the old man shouting the lads on celebrating a win.

Up The Owls. WAWAW 

This thread ain't half made me nostalgic for home. Some amazing memories. 

I started going late 80's and was lucky enough to go to every game home and away 90/91 season to witness Hirsty going from Dalian Atkinsons lively sidekick to an absolute God.  Was at Wembley to hear Sheridan shot dink the post and the milliseconds of silence after it before bedlam ensued. 

There are lots of SWFC stories in our family like my Grandad who was v ill with lung cancer from the steelworks sneaking off to match when he was supposed to be homebound and getting hammered by my grandma. 

"Don't let anyone stop you from seeing the lads, son,no matter where you are or what you're doing"

It gets in your blood and even though 7,000 miles away I'll watch via iFollow, watch the updates on here (dreading FFS!), get up in the middle of the night to watch the UK evening games if on TV.

First thing I do on a Sunday morning is hide behind my hands on the BBC website looking for our result. 

To all of you lucky enough to have gone last night and lucky enough to be able to go and worship in person every week. 

Up the Owls. We should be proud of our place in the birth and expansion of the great game. Sheffield, birthplace of world soccer. 

Cheers